Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 15, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #118,472 of 151,179
I would just like to say I love the price point and where you angled yourself in the transport market, it is quite savvy. There isn’t much to buy in that range (everything is below or above) and it offers a high end “step up” price above the sub-$1k transports. Can’t wait for it! Thanks.
++1

May 15, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #118,473 of 151,179
Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #118,476 of 151,179
@Jason Stoddard we need MJ3 Mini:
* Medium sized chassis (same as Lyr / Asgard / Bifrost)
* SE input only - is fine
* Sacrifice the dual-mono goodness for freeing space from the big iron used in MJ3

May 15, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #118,478 of 151,179
I've had my Freya+ N for a little over a week now. I'm just really impressed with it. Really liking how it sounds. I want to thank @Jason Stoddard and everyone at Schiit for doing what they do.
My only complaint/concern is with the heat. This thing gets hot when the tubes are on! I have a cabinet/rack with all my gear inside, except the turntable being on top. It's a 2 door glass front. In the back is an opening from top to bottom about 3 inches wide in the middle. Top shelf is completely open in the back because I had to cut it to allow room for the integrated amp (the antennae for the bluetooth and wi-fi). I put a thermometer/humidity type thing inside on top of the Freya left side. After 2 hours of listening to the Freya, the temp reading was 33 degrees C (92F). I'm thinking of getting some socket savers to lift the tubes a little. But do you think I should be concerned about overheating? Does the Freya have any kind of protection in this regard? My only option at this point (other than buying an open rack type system) would be to put the Freya on the top and move the turntable onto a shelf inside. But then I'd need to buy some longer RCA cables.
The cats have been known to eat Christmas tree bulbs, so leaving the Freya "outside" may not work out, but then again, I've caught them taking a nap on top of the turntable (the lids on, no worries).

May 15, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #118,479 of 151,179
I've had my Freya+ N for a little over a week now. I'm just really impressed with it. Really liking how it sounds. I want to thank @Jason Stoddard and everyone at Schiit for doing what they do.
My only complaint/concern is with the heat. This thing gets hot when the tubes are on! I have a cabinet/rack with all my gear inside, except the turntable being on top. It's a 2 door glass front. In the back is an opening from top to bottom about 3 inches wide in the middle. Top shelf is completely open in the back because I had to cut it to allow room for the integrated amp (the antennae for the bluetooth and wi-fi). I put a thermometer/humidity type thing inside on top of the Freya left side. After 2 hours of listening to the Freya, the temp reading was 33 degrees C (92F). I'm thinking of getting some socket savers to lift the tubes a little. But do you think I should be concerned about overheating? Does the Freya have any kind of protection in this regard? My only option at this point (other than buying an open rack type system) would be to put the Freya on the top and move the turntable onto a shelf inside. But then I'd need to buy some longer RCA cables.
The cats have been known to eat Christmas tree bulbs, so leaving the Freya "outside" may not work out, but then again, I've caught them taking a nap on top of the turntable (the lids on, no worries).

I have the same preamp in a similar cabinet.

90% of the time I use it in solid state mode. The other 10% of the time I engage the tubes during spirited listening. I only do it for 2-3 hours at a time, so I don't worry about it....if it runs longer, I'll open the glass doors for awhile.

May 15, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #118,481 of 151,179
That really sucks to be honest. I have to say I'm just not interested in black, especially with my silver Modius.

So are there no plans to bring back the silver finish in the future (for Rekkr or Gjallarhorn)?
I've looked at Schiit from both sides now. 😁

My four schiit components are silver so naturally when it came time to pick up a Freya S recently, I went with silver. Then I got to see a black schiit component in-person for the first time...well I contacted Schiit to inquire about purchasing a black cover for the Freya. Still pondering the cost plus shipping. Love the black finish now. Think it'll be black from now on for me, well at least until purple 💜. Lower cost is a bonus. Can't go wrong either way though. Same awesomeness inside.

May 15, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #118,483 of 151,179
I have the same preamp in a similar cabinet.

90% of the time I use it in solid state mode. The other 10% of the time I engage the tubes during spirited listening. I only do it for 2-3 hours at a time, so I don't worry about it....if it runs longer, I'll open the glass doors for awhile.
Have you considered 5VDC USB fans to circulate the air in the cabinet space? It works for me with my AVR-X4300H.

May 15, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #118,485 of 151,179
Have you considered 5VDC USB fans to circulate the air in the cabinet space? It works for me with my AVR-X4300H.

I thought about a fan, but I'm worried about the noise. I purchased a Cambridge Audio AXR100 a few months back. It has a fan that is audible most of the time from my listening position. Do you have a link to one your using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back