Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 19, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #116,836 of 154,254
9073330937067619680.jpg
Still love the Mjolnir to this day....:kiss:

Apr 19, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #116,837 of 154,254
Apr 19, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #116,838 of 154,254
I predominantly listen 'single-ended' even on the MJOLNIR2 ... My headphones don't need the power. Chord don't even offer balanced on the Qutest DAC nor the MOJO2, both of which I use ... not on any of their 'affordable' range ... I'm not even sure they offer balanced anywhere in their product range ... I could be wrong.

EDIT: ... and it sounds good to me !!
Oh yes, their power amps are balanced. I used their SPM 1200B for several years (with Wadia 830 as source, and B&W Nautilus 804 speakers, a simple but great sounding system).

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #116,839 of 154,254
9073330937067619680.jpg
Still love the Mjolnir to this day....:kiss:
Then you should really baby it.
I've been looking for a well maintained OG Mjolnir for almost two years now, they're really hard to find. Every six months or so one pops up, but they don't tend to be in very good shape, sadly.

Apr 19, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #116,840 of 154,254
Then you should really baby it.
I've been looking for a well maintained OG Mjolnir for almost two years now, they're really hard to find. Every six months or so one pops up, but they don't tend to be in very good shape, sadly.
Don’t know if you saw this…

Schiit Mjolnir on US Audiomart

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #116,842 of 154,254
Don’t know if you saw this…
I have not, actually. I wasn't even aware that site existed, to be perfectly honest… 😬

I've only got an eBay alert for the term "Mjolnir" set up. Even Mjolnir 2s pop up only once every other month or so. They either never really sold all that well, or people just like to hold on to them. Considering how amazing the MJ2 sounds, I'd like to think that it's the latter.
But then again, the MJ2 went the way of the Dodo for a reason, and the upcoming MJ3 is already destined to be a limited run right out of the gate. So it's probably a mix of both, low-ish original sales and people holding on to theirs, that makes them so rare in the used gear market.

Thanks for the link!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #116,843 of 154,254
I have not, actually. I wasn't even aware that site existed, to be perfectly honest… 😬

I've only got an eBay alert for the term "Mjolnir" set up. Even Mjolnir 2s pop up only once every other month or so. They either never really sold all that well, or people just like to hold onto them. Considering how amazing the MJ2 sounds, I'd like to think that it's the latter.
But then again, the MJ2 went the way of the Dodo for a reason, and the upcoming MJ3 is already destined to be a limited run right out of the gate. So it's probably a mix of both, low-ish original sales and people holding on to theirs, that makes them so rare in the used gear market.

Thanks for the link!
Whenever I’m looking for used gear I always check hifishark. It’s an aggregator app, it shows all used audio items that match your search term that are currently for sale across (almost?) all sales sites, including head-fi. Also useful for determining a fair asking or offering price. I believe you can set up notifications on there also….

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #116,844 of 154,254
Whenever I’m looking for used gear I always check [a certain site that has a marine predator as part of its name]. It’s an aggregator app, it shows all used audio items that match your search term that are currently for sale across (almost?) all sales sites, including head-fi. Also useful for determining a fair asking or offering price. I believe you can set up notifications on there also….
By the way, you might want to edit your two posts and remove the links. Head-fi doesn't allow direct links to third-party market places, if I recall.
I'd hate if your kind responses to my posts is what gets you into Head-fi jail.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #116,846 of 154,254
I'll bet you're one of those guys who thinks there's no meaningful difference between a S/N ratio of 115 dB and 120 dB...
I'll refer you to my sig line.

Apr 19, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #116,847 of 154,254
Actually, I heard he started in KY, went down to GA, saw you sitting in traffic and made a U-turn. He's now on his way back to KY.
Well, he stopped off in TN for a couple weeks, that's for sure. Some of his schiit has infected certain of our state representatives. Get thee out, satan!
===================

I bought the Gungnir DAC because the website's description read "... fully hardware balanced." I didn't know what that meant, except that it had extra DAC chips inside. Also, I wanted to use XLR plugs - they're cool looking.

Apr 19, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #116,848 of 154,254
But man, the method this guy uses for anti-skate is awesome. I've never found any tool (even Wally's) that gets it very right. Yeah, it's an approximation anyway, but mo' better approximation is, well, mo' better. 🤣 Thanks for posting the link!
Glad you enjoyed the video, Bill. I was really impressed with the clarity that it brought to the overall process, for me.

So, I spent 50 bucks on the Ortofon test LP, bc anti-skating is such a PITA to set, and I (also) thought that his method was brilliant. I'll let y'all know how it works out...

Apr 19, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #116,849 of 154,254
By the way, you might want to edit your two posts and remove the links. Head-fi doesn't allow direct links to third-party market places, if I recall.
I'd hate if your kind responses to my posts is what gets you into Head-fi jail.***
*** where the norm is: solitary confinement, 24/7 emission of Captain & Tennille @ 90 dB via ‘boom box’ … 😳😲😖

Users who are viewing this thread

Back