Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 6, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #115,982 of 155,186
My guess would be that the smaller Alps pots are a bit hard to get right now.

I recently tried to order a few for a set of Vali minis I want to build and already struggled to find just a dozen of them. Different kind of pot, I know, but if Mouser's relatively low stock of the ones used in Sys is any indication, getting a larger amount of them might not be all that trivial right now. You can get them, but not really in quantity. So I guess Schiit might have to prioritize what they have for other products they use them in.

Probably not what's actually going on, but sounds plausible enough, right?! 😜

Also, somewhat related:
I'm "waiting" for a Schiit product that'll be using this particular gem of a pot🤣
A 20-band EQ, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 6, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #115,984 of 155,186
How did you even know that there even WAS a Ghia?
Somewhere in the back of @Ripper2860 s closet is a powder blue polyester leisure suit and a pair of platform shoes, ya know, just in case they come back in style…😛

Apr 6, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #115,985 of 155,186
Apr 6, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #115,987 of 155,186
Prime Video has the Avengers TV show. I remember them vaguely from my childhood. Rewatching now I am really impressed with the plots. Later I think it gets silly. And season 2 has Honor Blackman :wink:
I bought the "Mrs. Peel Years" of the series for us to watch at work during lunch. Alas that I worked with children that knew not of the Joy of Peel...But they did enjoy it finally as they did with "The Wild, Wild, West". I then bought and brought in TV series "The Saint" which they also came to enjoy and even thought they might enjoy some of the earlier films starring George Sanders and later on his brother Tom Conway.

Honor Blackman is a Goddess.

Most TV now is naught but human waste. UGH!

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #115,988 of 155,186
Apr 6, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #115,989 of 155,186
@bevanc ... I followed the link. If my ~20 year old nephew or niece ever show interest in audio, I might send them a SYN with the 2 pairs of BMR1. Starving-student audio?
Screenshot 2023-04-06 07.52.26.png (((I edited out the price & brand name to respect @Jason Stoddard 's thread ToS))). When I eventually pick up an odd little SYN for my nook, I can see how well they perform with my $$$ rig.
Could you use 2 in the front as a center channel? And then 2 in the back for surround? These would be easier “sell” for my wife to agree.

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #115,990 of 155,186
One of the things I love about being in Japan: I was stuck in Tokyo because of a typhoon, which grounded all flights back to Fukuoka, and getting another flight was near impossible for days. No problem! I just booked a shinkansen and was back only a day late. The actual time it took from my Airbnb to home was, all up, only an hour longer and I felt far less stressed.
How, pray tell, does one pronounce it? It reads like "***-u-oka"? :ksc75smile: Any one that is broffended can be broffended. It is not that I could not resist but that I saw no good reason to turn down my Sense-O-Humor! To atone I shall be watching Zatoichi later today.:beerchug:
I am nothing if not a tremendous Zatoichi enthusiast! And I can only dream of visiting wonderful Japan...

Apr 6, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #115,993 of 155,186

Users who are viewing this thread

Back