Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 28, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #114,828 of 155,069
Long time lurker joined to just to make a (probably wrong) Syn guess: something home theater related would be a solid way to anger some folks doing something Schiit said they wouldn’t do…
Welcome into the light... sorry about the syns you are about to commit with your wallet

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #114,832 of 155,069
Long time lurker joined to just to make a (probably wrong) Syn guess: something home theater related would be a solid way to anger some folks doing something Schiit said they wouldn’t do…
Some kind of digital device that takes a stereo digital signal and produces a combined (center) signal for a center speaker for use with TV/Movies and potentially music. Sure would be nice not having to buy an overpriced Dolby AVR with 11 channels that I don't need and an obsolescence of about 2.5 years.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #114,833 of 155,069
Of course: free shipping for the Syn you ordered. Just pay a small, separate handling fee.

OK, this settles it. I am now a permanent resident of the That's What Kids Are For camp. After I'm gone my kids can come and strip the house.
Over the weekend that's exactly what friends of mine said to me this past weekend. They live in a barn converted to residential abode back 40 years ago in a lovely, wooded setting. My friend has had some serious back surgery back in January with rods and screws, (he had both knees replace 11-12 years ago.) Last fall he and his wife were shopping for a downsized house on one floor. They found some acceptable places but they have lived in the converted barn happily for so long they came to the "screw it" decision. They converted one of two sun porches on the ground floor to a bedroom as they had everything else needed on that floor including a full bathroom and a view down thru the woods to a creek and up a hill on the other side. They no longer have to climb the winding log staircase steps to the second floor loft and since it's a converted barn it's a loooong climb to the upstairs and its 3 bedrooms and a bath.

When they pass they said its the kids problem, LOL!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #114,835 of 155,069
Western Electric has borderline deceptive business practices. You get one replacement and only for the first year. It’s depreciate by 20% per year until year 5. They don’t say new replacements either. Could be a well measuring set from RMA. And, you have to fill out the warranty card and send it in within 10 days of purchase or you get no warranty. And said warranty card is in a plain, unmarked envelope. Oh yeah, then there’s the $1400 tubes.

Kinda anti-Schiit. I hope they turn around because I like domestic manufacturing.

Edited to give accurate warranty information.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #114,836 of 155,069
Ignore

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #114,837 of 155,069
I'm actively considering purchasing a pair. The 300B SET amp I recently built is currently using a pair of 300B tubes made by Psvane, one of which is already going bad, this after no more than a couple hundred of hours. A bit of research has shown that many of the 300B offerings have limited warranties, and tube life seems to be all over the board. WE however warrants theirs for 5 years. Given that minimal expected lifetime, $1500 USD does not seem that bad.....
Check again

If you want to do a little visit over to the Super website with best friends.

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #114,838 of 155,069
Syn=== clean power generator for Modi/Magni stack.
LPS.jpg

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #114,840 of 155,069
Apple Music Classical (Apple's spin on its Primephonic acquisition) was released yesterday.
Close to a year behind schedule.
Just iPhone — no dedicated iPad, macOS, or AppleTV app.
No offline-listening, either.
CarPlay integration? Nope!
The search works fine but is surprisingly slow, the UI is just as uninspired as the standard Music app's UI, and the player UI is just as horrendously unintuitive.
The Primephonic-esque editorials that were promised are rather hidden away behind a click or two and a few more scrolls, and they are a mere rehash/re-recording of the editorials that were already available on Primephonic.

Dear Apple.
This is how a highly motivated startup like Primephonic might do classical.
It is, however, not befitting of a global behemoth with your knowhow, manpower, catalogue, and quality standards.
Almost 18 months of development?
For this?
Nothing short of absolutely shameful. An abysmal result and an insult to any halfway serious enthusiast of classical music.
So you don't like it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back