Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 18, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #113,671 of 150,792
Firmware/Software makes or breaks these types of units. Looks like the the Cobblestone was a few years ago (2016'ish), so maybe the issues have been addressed with newer firmware and software used with WiiM. Or maybe it's still a POS and a plethora of reviewers (many that I think credible) are just shilling the product. Personally, I'm not a fan of anything I gotta use my phone with and therefore don't have one. I have a Roon setup w/ Pi 4 Ropieee XL, so I have no first-hand WiiM knowledge. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #113,673 of 150,792
I see that the Tennessee Vols were able to take care of Duke for you, @bcowen. Now it's OK to proceed with your move. :)
Don't know what to say about Purdue, my alma mater, other than what exactly is a Fairleigh Dickinson? Like a knitting club or something? They must be pretty damn good at it ...

You and me, we both have the rare distinction of supporting the highest seeded teams, to ever loose to the lowest seeded teams, in NCAA history...! Purdue and UVa...! Way to go. 🤣 🤣 🤣

At least UVa came back the next season and won it all. So, there's hope yet for Purdue...! :grimacing:

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #113,676 of 150,792
No comment. Just truly enjoyed on a subterranean visceral level the above sentence.
Thank you. I have my (sophomoric) moments. :beerchug:

Speaking of which I just gave myself a final gift. A new Pro-Ject X2 in Satin Walnut. I am such a toad for looks and I tend to perceive weight as a mark of build quality and it felt heavier than its listed 22 lbs. I am content. Now I must concentrate on others in my family. I thought about giving one of them a new Rotel CD14 MKII but other than I think it's really cool looking I do not know much about it. This family member is more of an enthusiast than I and I do not wish to give them some thing that is not quality. I think Rotel is and I know it's cool looking.

Any of you that might care to comment on that model? I know most, if not all of you have more experience with this than I and again, I think it is really nice looking. Duh...I know. S H A L L O W..

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #113,677 of 150,792
I had not heard of Film & The BB's before..

Tricycle is only 3 tracks in & already an instant favorite.

Also streaming is the best. Without it, I'd never be able to hear the variety of music I've been exposed to the last five years.. Same could be said about Head-fi, Schiit, and this thread.

Thanks Folks..

@Ripper2860 congrats, Gramps!

Check out the Flim & The BB's release "Big Notes". If I'm remembering correctly, it has killer bass..! The upright bass especially. The upright bass wasn't recorded via a microphone. An accelerometer was attached directly to the body of the bass, for use as a pick up Mic. It provided for incredible tone and transient response...! :laughing:

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #113,678 of 150,792
Any of you that might care to comment on that model? I know most, if not all of you have more experience with this than I and again, I think it is really nice looking. Duh...I know. S H A L L O W..

The only model I'd care to comment on that is really nice looking is the one in The Shallows! All those teeth! And the girl's easy on the eyes, too!

I saw the Chord Amp today and I thought (missing VU meters aside) that it looked great!

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #113,679 of 150,792
Check out the Flim & The BB's release "Big Notes". If I'm remembering correctly, it has killer bass..! The upright bass especially. The upright bass wasn't recorded via a microphone. An accelerometer was attached directly to the body of the bass, for use as a pick up Mic. It provided for incredible tone and transient response...! :laughing:
Fun House is good on Big Notes

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #113,680 of 150,792
Very good recording. Same as the other 2 I posted. :)

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #113,681 of 150,792
The only model I'd care to comment on that is really nice looking is the one in The Shallows! All those teeth! And the girl's easy on the eyes, too!

I saw the Chord Amp today and I thought (missing VU meters aside) that it looked great!
I am so afraid of sharks! Even in film. I saw JAWs when it came out and I had already read the book in one day. I cannot go in to the ocean still. Blake Lively is a very attractive young woman. I think she is married to Ryan Reynolds.

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #113,682 of 150,792
Their whole catalog is AWESOME. All DMP productions are worthy of addition to ones Jazz collection.

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #113,683 of 150,792
I am so afraid of sharks! Even in film. I saw JAWs when it came out and I had already read the book in one day. I cannot go in to the ocean still. Blake Lively is a very attractive young woman. I think she is married to Ryan Reynolds.

That's Mr. Billionaire Ryan Reynolds...! 🤪

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #113,684 of 150,792
Their whole catalog is AWESOME. All DMP productions are worthy of addition to ones Jazz collection.

That's an idea; what are some of the best producers/labels of consistently great sounding audio releases? I agree with DMP as one. I also like ECM, Mapleshade, and Telarc. Any others? :grinning:

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #113,685 of 150,792
All of the above

With great trepidation I offer up MFSL remasters.

Deutsch Grammophon (classical)

Sheffield Labs (jazz)

Chesky Records (all genres)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back