Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 9, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #11,041 of 154,810
Yea, I keep forgetting that English is a second language to many of our forum members. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #11,042 of 154,810
  Yea, I keep forgetting that English is a second language to many of our forum members. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

It's not even my third. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #11,047 of 154,810

Ya'll got me there,  I musta been thinking in some other furin tak'n way.

I tried to correct myself twice and still think I'm say'n everything kinda wrong, it just don't feel right. I get that way, at times, if you know what I mean.  ( sort-of wish I knew what I mean ) 

Anton in somewhere 

ps.  what is this :  "forsooth" ?    I'll have to look that one up in my Oxford

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #11,048 of 154,810
So yes, it was very well worth going, and I'm looking forward to the next show, where we can (hopefully) rectify the inequity between electronics cost and speaker cost. The Salk speakers were $2900. Our stack was $4000. I'd much rather see the stack at a lower cost than the speakers. Much lower. And with more power. A lot more power. And a remote. Yes, those are all hints.

Hnnnnng, fantastic news. Low prices & tons of power. I can't wait to own one of those pre/amps.

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #11,049 of 154,810

Officially I am not an employee, however I do have some 'job' duties for Schiit.

You make it sound like you're a schiity hitman for hire...

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #11,050 of 154,810
If this thread was driving from LA to New York we would be in Alaska right now!

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #11,052 of 154,810
Okay, guys, some...er, at least ONE of you just LOVES to steer this thread towards politics. Yes, I know, now it's only wink-wink nudge-nudge politics right now, but I'm done with it. Veer off into politics/race/religion/anyothernotgoodtodiscusswithstrangers stuff here, and I'll either hand this thread over for heavy-duty cleaning, or make sure the one(s) who veer us off course won't be posting in this thread again.

This cleanup gets very tiresome. Leave your politics at home, please.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 9, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #11,053 of 154,810
So I can't mention H.P. and real Real Elder Gods? The cats will be so disappointed. Sigh. Still, it's for the best.

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #11,054 of 154,810
  As a "two-channel" listener I'll throw in my 2 cents: stand-mounted monitors with a pair of subs (one per channel, not run in mono), provides excellent value and sound. Monitors give precise imaging, detail, and transparency- all at a high-value price. Good self-powered subwoofers will "pressurize" the room with bass, and provide the low frequency sound that the monitors cannot. Much of the cost of building a speaker is the cabinet and drivers for low frequency reproduction, which then requires lot's of power from the amplifier, adding to the cost of the electronics. Modern subwoofers utilize Class D amplifiers built-in, which work very well is this specific application, and provide 200, 500, 1000, even 1500 watts of peak power per subwoofer, the kind of power needed for clean and accurate bass reproduction. Try buying that kind of power in a separate amplifier, and still having a roof overhead! Good monitors can be had for a few hundred dollars a pair, good subs start reasonably as well. And they can be upgraded separately, another value advantage. I run my system with a Ragnarok, using the SE pre-outs to my subs, and I have a system I am very happy listening to. Of course, Jason keeps talking about dedicated 2-channel gear, with remote volume, and maybe even a balance control?

Not all modern well-reviewed subwoofers are amped with class D, have a pair of REL T7Is on order for my living room that use class A/B amps. I have two perfect corners for them behind my KEF Reference 1 stand-mounted speakers. I love the Ref 1s, but a little more bass on jazz bass-heavy passages would get a bit closer to the great front-row experience listening to my favorite bass players at SFJAZZ (Dave Holland, Larry Grenadier, Reuben Rogers, ...). BTW, Larry Grenadier puts an awesome appearance in Brad Mehldau's recent "Blues and Ballads" on Nonesuch, with Jeff Ballard on drums (my favorite slow, bluesy trio these days). 

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #11,055 of 154,810
Not all modern well-reviewed subwoofers are amped with class D, have a pair of REL T7Is on order for my living room that use class A/B amps. I have two perfect corners for them behind my KEF Reference 1 stand-mounted speakers. I love the Ref 1s, but a little more bass on jazz bass-heavy passages would get a bit closer to the great front-row experience listening to my favorite bass players at SFJAZZ (Dave Holland, Larry Grenadier, Reuben Rogers, ...). BTW, Larry Grenadier puts an awesome appearance in Brad Mehldau's recent "Blues and Ballads" on Nonesuch, with Jeff Ballard on drums (my favorite slow, bluesy trio these days). 

REL subs. Nice - from what I heard they blend in the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back