Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 8, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #105,241 of 152,528
I’ll figure that out when I get the custom cable next week for the nearly equally hard to drive Stealths. All I needed is a gender change adapter, but went with the full cable. I have a Jot 2 for comparison.
Jot2 drives my Stealth just fine. Sounds better at high gain (don’t know why), but even at low gain there’s plenty of volume left.

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #105,242 of 152,528
I am loving the items I received and it was a pleasure meeting you. I have no doubt all were thrilled with the way you maintained the products. I received two ring binder notebooks that you created for the PrimaLuna and Sonus Fabers and REL's that contained some wonderful information including one of your reviews. Not to mention original boxes and paperwork. My son will finally get to hear the system when he visits over Christmas, he is looking forward to it. (He did most of the heavy lifting as we loaded a van with gear.
Once you get moved if you ever need a small rack system for your remaining or new gear it will be my gift to you.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #105,244 of 152,528
I am LOVING all the CDs I got from you!!!
I got a considerable amount of those myself.🤪 All in like new condition. Not so much as a finger print on them.
7A0BF02F-566D-4399-BABB-9D1B400C7A0F.jpeg1EC8ECE2-DE77-436A-A58F-3E3C14108770.jpeg

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #105,245 of 152,528
Well folks, just sold the last of my big ticket hardware. I'm down to a few accessories and some odds and ends and my tube inventory. I started this liquidation on Oct 18, I can not believe how everything sold as fast as it did, almost all the big Schiit was out the door in about 10 days. I made around 30 sales, only had to list 6 or so, so many proactively contacted me. Thanks to all on this thread I dealt with, it was a a pleasure.
I am really enjoying all the CDs I got from you! Thanks!

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #105,246 of 152,528
Random meme I saw somewhere (dunking on 'murrica) and I had to think of it when I saw the post I replied to.
While looking for the original image I stumbled upon a recipe... created by someone who also saw this burger in a meme, this time about "the dangers of marijuana".
That recipe was entitled "BIG WILLY'S SUICIDE BURGER". "Suicide burger" is a fun search term and I am very hungry now...

It will be hard to beat the Heart Attack Grill in Vegas, though.
Heart-Attack-Grill-Menu.jpeg
I love that they have a vegan option... cigarettes!

Seems like that requires technique at some point:
18155791_10154376038142111_308159778397411010_o.jpg
(not mine)
Ha! They were here in Tempe AZ before moving to Las Vegas. Remember taking the kids several times and laughing at the menu and antics. Had an ambulance out front too. If I recall, the owner was a huge man, and eventually died of (you guessed it) a heart attack.

Dec 8, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #105,247 of 152,528
Jot2 drives my Stealth just fine. Sounds better at high gain (don’t know why), but even at low gain there’s plenty of volume left.
Saw it in an interview with Jason where he explained more feedback implementation in low gain causing amp to sound neutral. High gain sounds different because of less or no feedback.
That was for MJ2. Now i don’t know if it applies to all Schiit amps

Dec 8, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #105,248 of 152,528
I’ll figure that out when I get the custom cable next week for the nearly equally hard to drive Stealths. All I needed is a gender change adapter, but went with the full cable. I have a Jot 2 for comparison.
No, the "gender change" adapter is not enough, actually. The pin-out is non-standard as well.

I believe it was something along the lines of:
pin 3 to pin 1
pin 4 to pin 2
pin 1 to pin 4
pin 2 to pin 3
…where the left is the headphone cable's normal pin number and the right is the amp's pin number.
Or the other way around?
I don't remember.

You definitely want to do a google search to be sure, don't take my word for it.

But the whole point is: Beware of the non-standard pin-out.

Dec 8, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #105,249 of 152,528
Thanks go out to @sam6550a for Satsuma mandarins. It pays to have friends, now I just need to think of a suitable thank you gift.🤪

D94B7325-192E-4DAF-8CBE-35062CBC9226.jpeg
As a good friend, you do not owe me anything. I know that you enjoy these fruit,and the orchard is about 8 miles from here.
The only thing that I need from you is some recommendations on 12AU7 selection for a power amp that uses one as the voltage amp and two as cathode coupled phase inverters per channel. I know that you have done some testing using the Prima Luna, so, I figure that your knowledge is a good starting point.
Enjoy!

Dec 8, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #105,250 of 152,528
Dec 8, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #105,252 of 152,528
I once had a 10 patty burger thingy at In-N-Out. My supervisor at the time thought it would be fun and so we all went there for lunch and I consumed the whole thing. I used to be what was once known as a "trencherman" in my quest for calories to build muscle with. I had 8 medium pizzas at one lunch and we went to an all you can eat prime rib feastival where i had an estimated 3+ lbs of meat along with anything else they gave me.
I am sincerely impressed! The city I studied in in Germany had a Pizza Hut that occasionally did an all you can eat, which is still my only experience with any Pizza Hut anywhere. Reasonably tasty, but if I got to eight of anything there it was at best slices...

Dec 8, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #105,253 of 152,528
Wow! You have some really good collections.
Some are loaned to my daughter but if you would ever like to borrow any just say the word. I am but scratching the surface of what @FLTWS had.

Dec 8, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #105,254 of 152,528
Would my Jot R (+ adapter) be a better option to run difficult to drive headphones like the susvara over something like the Jot 2?

susvara is 60 ohms, so Jot 2 would better than Jot A / Jot R.
For low-efficiency (~80dB/mW) headphones with impedances ~16 ohms and above, Jot 2 should provide more power (max 7.5W / 16 ohms).
For planars and ribbons in the 1 - 4 ohm range, try Jot R / Jot A. Special adapter needed if not using Raal or Audeze LCD-R headphones.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #105,255 of 152,528
As a good friend, you do not owe me anything. I know that you enjoy these fruit,and the orchard is about 8 miles from here.
The only thing that I need from you is some recommendations on 12AU7 selection for a power amp that uses one as the voltage amp and two as cathode coupled phase inverters per channel. I know that you have done some testing using the Prima Luna, so, I figure that your knowledge is a good starting point.
Enjoy!
So the amp uses three 12AU7's or is it five? Would you say the voltage amp is the most critical?

These are among my favorites.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124331759896?

I also have some RFT's I really like. Brimar CV 4003's as well.

Whatever you do, do not buy any tubes lol. Figure out what will help the most and I will see what I can do for you.

I do have some extras. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back