Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 2, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #104,671 of 149,501
Mom recently passed to an incredibly terrible unknown wasting away combined with complications from covid. Dad needed a trip to get away from their house a few months after she died. He took a week to drive from Indiana, and I flew in for 24 hours from Detroit.

We toured the boat, I found us the best steak / seafood place I could for the afternoon, and we had some bourbon at the hotel - I even snuck in a few fancy schmancy ones
1670019034174.png

We reminisced about Mom and all of the good memories. Cried lots and got a lot off both of our chests. We both departed in the morning, wished we had more time.
Sorry for your loss, glad you were able to share your memories together.

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #104,672 of 149,501
1. Magni + Modi (first generation)
3. Wyrd
4. Wyrd + Modi 2 + Vali (gift)
7. Modi
8. Modi
9. Modi
10. Saga (first generation)
11. Vidar
12. Modi 3
13. Bifrost 2

The first Magni/Modi allowed me to enjoy hi-fi when I couldn’t afford and didn’t have the space for a stereo system. Even when I did finally put one together - Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers (the Andrew Jones ones) and a ~$100 Sherwood receiver - my original Modi pulled double duty as the DAC in my headphone and stereo rigs. Eventually I added the extra Modi so I wouldn’t have to keep moving mine, and I got another one for my car - that one’s still there and is the only pre-Saga device that still sees regular use (gifts aside).

Going through my Schiit related emails to put this list together was quite fun, brought back a lot of memories.

I’m sure there will be Schiit number 14 and on, but not sure what it will be. I don’t listen on headphones much these days, and my stereo system is well rounded to my liking. An upgrade to Tyr would be amazing, but financially, it’s not in the cards now or anytime soon. I have to say I was a little jealous of those of you who grabbed a pair during the mythical Black Friday sale. I can’t complain about my Vidar though, it still rocks!
I didn't know Modi meant Modi-bile

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #104,673 of 149,501
Oh, I recognized Janis but you had already pointed that out.
The day I landed in Vietnam (in 1968) I listened to " Cheap Thrills" her first album with Big Brother & the Holding Company on the radio. "Two of a Kind" and "Ball & Chain" all-time favorites of mine.

Hmmm.. I had to look this one up. I've listened to Pearl and Dem Ol' Kosmic Blues before, but being born in the early 80s I was not aware of the two(?) albums with Big Brother & The Holding Company.

I'm not in the mood for her sound this evening, but I will explore it further in the next few days.

Thanks!

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #104,675 of 149,501
Well….I received my new “knobs” for my Lokius. However, I guess I got too excited at the idea of my Lokius looking like a “mini” Loki Max. My brain didn’t think about how Schiit would know I need 6 knobs. So it turns out I only ordered 1 silver knob. 😅

I guess, in my defense, maybe the site description should be “knob” instead of “knobs”? I assume all responsibility though on my failed ordering.

I was able to install my 1 knob. Looks pretty good. Although, it is a little scratchy when compared to the original Lokius knob. Now I’m considering if I want to replace the rest of the 5 remaining ($30 for a set of knobs is a little steep - basically 10% of the cost of a Lokius).

7670AA18-8415-4C5E-B2BB-6DF6BAD12685.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #104,676 of 149,501
Well….I received my new “knobs” for my Lokius. However, I guess I got too excited at the idea of my Lokius looking like a Loki Max (Mini?). My brain didn’t think about how Schiit would know I need 6 knobs. So it turns out I only ordered 1 silver knob. 😅

I guess, in my defense, maybe the site description should be “knob” instead of “knobs”? I assume all responsibility though on my failed ordering.

I was able to install my 1 knob. Looks pretty good. Although, it is a little scratchy when compared to the original Lokius knob. Now I’m considering if I want to replace the rest of the 5 remaining ($30 for a set of knobs is a little steep - basically 10% of the cost of a Lokius).

7670AA18-8415-4C5E-B2BB-6DF6BAD12685.jpeg
lets us know what you do next!

Leo

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #104,677 of 149,501
Dec 2, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #104,679 of 149,501
Great to see you are paying attention.🤪🤪🤪 That was already posted and discussed.😜
I have a family member with that name... I was starting to think he may have started a new site. :beerchug: :sweat_smile:

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #104,680 of 149,501
I have a family member with that name... I was starting to think he may have started a new site. :beerchug: :sweat_smile:
Stimpy mentioned throwing back a drink earlier, he may not have used a glass.😎

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #104,681 of 149,501
Yeah, nobody recognizes the Spice Girls anymore.

Kids these days, they don’t know how lucky they are purchasing Bowie and Floyd and Zeppelin vinyl.
Not so, anyone who watches Formula 1 sees Ginger Spice in the Red Bull pit. And if you watch the Netflix show you'll get a detailed insight to her life. And as for Mrs Beckham........

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #104,682 of 149,501
It’s getting “deep” here in the Schiit thread!

Very quotable last sentence there….how quickly generations lose common threads of association.
Makes me think of my father, born in 1927. Whose childhood was mostly without cars, no tv, etc…. Just a generation from me and things are soooo different. “Times they are a changing…” 🎶🎶😆
Somebody recently pointed out that 1970 is as far away form today as 1918 was from 1970.

That sort of made the point for me.

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #104,684 of 149,501
Seriously? I missed that. Sorry about the redundancy...! 😟
You should apologize to ORT... one Darko post is annoying enough to him, two might make him lose it... j/k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back