Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 23, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #103,622 of 150,692
Yup read Stranger in a Strange land, On the Road... how aboutvZen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
I read that too lol. I used to read a book a day till I got to college and had fewer options. My wife and I have literature in common. I was once halfway through a book by Thomas Berger that she had read months before. I quoted a sentence that I thought amazing and she said she liked the next couple sentences better and proceeded to quote them from memory. She is like that. We still enjoy a couple book clubs together.😀

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #103,623 of 150,692
I was in the sweet spot of the room and the remote was on my desk. Finnegan often visits to look for rubber bands or loose tubes he can use as toys. I am doing a better job of keeping expensive tubes locked up. If he finds a rubber band I shoot it across the room and he fetches it and sets it on the desk so I will do that again. :ksc75smile:
our young orange tabbys love plastic springs…

Nov 23, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #103,624 of 150,692
Nov 23, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #103,625 of 150,692
Nov 23, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #103,626 of 150,692
Interesting. Although I never learned music formally or played an instrument, my parents dragged us to classical performances from very young. Our favorite record at home was a narrated version of Prokofieff's "Peter and the Wolf" with the different instruments, representing different characters, were explained.
There's an awesome animated version of Peter and the Wolf released within the last decade. After watching, my youngest could only mutter under her breath, "that poor duck, that poor duck..."

First live concert, hmmm, does a Boricua parranda count? My father always got "asked" to play guitar on those.

Saw the Cleveland Orchestra in grade school. That probably counts more?

Can't remember my first rock concert. Means it was a good one, I guess :-D I do remember subsequent ones being too loud to be enjoyed.
My most memorable one is Sting at the Garden, complaining about the tea's temperature and teasing the audience (of thousands) for all claiming to see the Police at a venue that only held 50 and was more empty than full :wink:

Nov 23, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #103,627 of 150,692
Nov 23, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #103,628 of 150,692
The actors or the engineers? 😁
I ninja'd you on that.

Perhaps @Paladin can arrange an interpretive performance illustrating the inner workings of his favorite DAC, when he decides what that is...

Nov 23, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #103,629 of 150,692
The first concert I ever went to was Sonny and Cher. So perhaps those that grew up listening only to recordings are the lucky ones. 🤣
My first was KISS. Music was unbearably loud, but those folks KNOW how to put on a show…After that, buncha dead shows…

Nov 23, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #103,630 of 150,692
Asked and answered. 😂 performing arts includes singing, dancing and other disciplines.
Ye gods! I was here this very morn, guys!!! Seeing myself out… again.

Nov 23, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #103,631 of 150,692
I ninja'd you on that.

Perhaps @Paladin can arrange an interpretive performance illustrating the inner workings of his favorite DAC, when he decides what that is...
No way. My favorite DAC may remain a secret. Go find your own DACs.🤪🤪
I know it would have to sound as good or better than an Aqua La Voce S3, does that help?😉

Nov 23, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #103,632 of 150,692
Ye gods! I was here this very morn, guys!!! Seeing myself out… again.
Oops lol. Sorry it has been a long day for me.

Same with FLTWS I do like the first concerts topic, we all share that memory.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #103,633 of 150,692
My age is showing, I know...

Boston
Starcastle
Gato Barbieri
Spyrogyra
Weather Report
Janis Ian
ELO
Tom Petty
Clint Black
Foreigner
Styxx
Kansas
Cheap Trick
KISS
REO Speedwagon
Eddie Money
Ted Nugent
Zac Brown Band
Dave Matthews Band
Buddy Rich Band
Maynard Ferguson
Blood, Sweat and Tears
John Mellencamp
Adam Ant
Poison
Vince Gill
George Thorogood
Joe Walsh
Don Henley
Fleetwood Mac
Joan Jett
Pat Benetar
Steve Winwood
Sawyer Brown
Mark Chesnutt
Hank Williams, Jr.
Jamie Johnson
Alan Jackson
Bon Jovi
Glen Campbell
Phil Collins
Stone Temple Pilots
The Gin Blossoms
Bare Naked Ladies
The Mavericks
The Cranberries
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Robert Earl Keen
Shinyribs
Chicago
Doobie Brothers
Lee Brice
John Connally
Blues Traveller
Lindsey Buckingham

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #103,634 of 150,692
Now there's an interesting side bar for this thread, first live concerts.
The Beach Boys for me.

Weird, I'm almost 40 years younger and the Beach Boys were my first live concert as well. ND State Fair, Minot, ND sometime in the mid to late 80s.

I remember bleachers, beach balls, good vibrations, kokomo, and my parents talking about the one that drowned.

Nov 23, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #103,635 of 150,692
Here's some unpopular opinion, most rock concerts I've been to, while the ambiance is amazing, sound was never that great LOL.

Like rock concerts generally sound nothing close to their album tuning/clarity. It's generally just loud and noisy with instruments drowning vocal. But the feeling while being there is great though! And some bands do have better sound control than others.

Here's a list of concerts I've been to in no particular order: Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run, Thursday, Saosin, Blink 182, Angels and Airwaves, Box Car Racer, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, Against the Current, Paramore, No Doubt, and some other ones that I can't remember off my head LOL.
I would put that premise forward to include many, if not most concerts, regardless of genre. Too much depends on the venue’s characteristics, whois on the board, and too mNy other things to count. Best by far I’ve heard were Anonymous 4 - no amplification in a church in Westwood, Los Angeles. Worst? The Fray/Train at the Hollywood bowl. Vocals were just …..lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back