Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 25, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #9,961 of 150,476

Betcha Schiit will explain the wiring change from one voltage to another, they seem owner friendly.  

Might as well learn how to do it correctly!  

Tony in ….=​

Betcha they won't, although they would probably modify a unit for someone for a small fee.  Too many liability issues telling someone to open a case and work on parts designed to carry mains voltages.  Some nit wit would likely try to do it while it's plugged in.... Zzaaap.

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #9,963 of 150,476

I've noticed that my Schiit even smells better after a bottle of wine.
normal_smile%20.gif

my schiit moves faster after a super spicy chicken curry 
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #9,964 of 150,476

Betcha?  Yur on,  

I'll take the bet!  

And I'm nit wit enough to do it live, I ain't afraid of no measly 120 Vac!!!  I'm a he-man, yes sir eee.

If'n it put me in a box my wife would send Schiit a thanky you note with a bottle of 25year. 

Tony in ….

ps.  I'll even wet-fingers test it to prove it's live.  That's the kinda man I am!!   Maybe even a Youtube video of me doin it while taking a shower.   I'll become a legend ! 

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #9,965 of 150,476
Thinking a step down transformer is a better solution. (I would imagine 120V at 50hz would be ok.) The worst shock I ever took was 120V while unknowingly standing in a small puddle. Hurt much worse than 277V, which I felt once from a faulty 480V breaker. I wouldn't re-solder the windings, use a xfmr if Schiit says 50hz is ok.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #9,966 of 150,476

Soldering involves voiding warranty, and is an option if and only if you know how to solder. For those who don't, a lump is still a lump.

Yeah it's not like there are a million different shops that can do it for you. Warranty doesn't transfer when sold used anyway. But by your reasoning, the 0.000001% of population that buys expensive Yggys AND move between voltage areas are "outta luck". I guess they would just buy a transformer then.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #9,968 of 150,476

Yeah it's not like there are a million different shops that can do it for you. Warranty doesn't transfer when sold used anyway. But by your reasoning, the 0.000001% of population that buys expensive Yggys AND move between voltage areas are "outta luck". I guess they would just buy a transformer then.

Which would degrade the sound somewhat if I'm not mistaken ?

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #9,974 of 150,476
That's putting a silver lining on an otherwise frustrating condition.  "Look at the shiny chicken!" is a running derivative joke my daughter and I have about her eldest...  But  I know it's stunting her potential from her lack of focus, and it hurts.

The depth of experience that my shifting attention has brought into my life has been worth it, IMHO. I can easily 'over-focus' though. I was lucky in that, at school, I could usually just listen to the lecture or work in class and ace the tests. But I did zero homework unless it was interesting to me, so I got a lot of Cs.

I mean, it's because of ADHD that I started painting, writing, got into Head-Fi, started lifting weights (preventing yourself from being crushed by heavy weight has a way of focusing the attention), got into motorcycling (a more engaging way to travel), beer, all sorts of kinds of music, lived all over the country, etc.

My career was difficult until I developed systems, though, and I am most anxious at work because nursing isn't a profession that has much tolerance for 'lateral thinking'.

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #9,975 of 150,476
Neutral Grain Spirit, its basically mass produced 190 proof pure alcohol produced in medical grade giant factories, and then distilleries buy it and water it down to make vodka, sometimes though they will run it through their own stills just so they can say it was pot stilled like Tito's does.

Again, its not bad vodka, but once youve found a good draft distillery it will be hard to go back. And its still an excellent value proposition compared to anything else at the vast majority of liquor stores nation wide.

Purchased a new local vodka yesterday. Local still, local grains, all done in house. Also got a new gin after receiving assurances that the spirit is distilled in house - also from local winter wheat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back