Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 22, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #9,886 of 149,393
We're trying to start a finish revolution here.  All colors to the people!  Out with the black in with the champagne!

Y'know, that kind of thing.  Like how U-turn offers its turntables in several colors.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #9,887 of 149,393
  Wood

I made side plates for my Asgard2, outa nice wood from Woodworker Store, kinda like Afromosa that LINN used in their LP12 plinth. ( not blocking the ventilation) and a nice wood knob.   Probably spent $30 plus about 10 hours of cutting and finishing ( the second set will be better and the third set might even be presentable). 

Tony in Michigan, not !    Rather, out in Fly-over country where Bernie is stirring-up a bit of excitement. 

How about posting photos, tonykaz?

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #9,888 of 149,393
  We're trying to start a finish revolution here.  All colors to the people!  Out with the black in with the champagne!

Y'know, that kind of thing.  Like how U-turn offers its turntables in several colors.

Out with the black?  Heck, I am still waiting on them to get their Schiit together and OFFER the black Yggy again.  I need a second one and intend to wait for a black one.  There is a black Rag on the site now, but no matching partner.  I bet if both were offered consistently (all the time) that the sales bump would be appreciable.  Eventually though, with option creep, the dis-economics of small scale capsize the value boat.  Some companies achieve this with a "custom shop" that allows those wanting chartreuse anodized cases a way to acquire their dream - at a cost.

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #9,889 of 149,393
Black

Can't y'all Black Chassis Lovers just send in your Chassis to Schiit and have them process thru their Black Channel?, for an up-grade price.

Or, jus ask em to sell you a Black replacement chassis, get on a waiting list!, for a price.

They'll sell you "special" items off their Accessories List i.e. Cables, Tubes, etc.  why not Black Chassis? 

Betcha they thought this thru and decided to do as they are now. 

If a person is weak visioned ( like me ) Black is impossible to see but I see people's wanting Black.  

Tony in... where am I?,   somewhere brrrrrrrrr cold!

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #9,891 of 149,393
The easy way to get what ever color you want is to take it to a local anodizer. But that will take some work, time and money. Lucky for me I like the silver. For those that want black or another color, there is a solution even if it's not the most convenient.

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #9,892 of 149,393
  Betcha they thought this thru and decided to do as they are now. 

As they are free to do.  Just saying that the day a black Yggy goes up on the Schiit site an order will fall and that until then, as much as I desire to be a two Yggy house, will not.  I will continue to suffer my strident Mytek 192 until then.

Some say that aesthetics don't matter and good for them.  Someone needs to marry the ugly girls and buy the bright and gaily-colored head-fi gear.  I like the gear stack to look like it was meant to be together, rather than a dog's breakfast of dissimilar looking parts.  My black Cavalli Liquid Glass isn't going anywhere in this lifetime, so I feel the need for a piece of black Schiit to go with my black ****. (Actually, I am using the silver Yggy with the LG and the Mytek is antagonizing my speaker system.  The silver aesthetics would work with the speaker system.)

Different strokes and all that.

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #9,893 of 149,393
@beemer " I bet if both [black] were offered consistently (all the time) that the sales bump would be appreciable."

Hmmm, so you're offering Jason Stoddard marketing advice?     Okay.  
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #9,895 of 149,393
@beemer " I bet if both [black] were offered consistently (all the time) that the sales bump would be appreciable."

Hmmm, so you're offering Jason Stoddard marketing advice?     Okay.  :wink:  

They already said that they had a bit of a hard time getting rid of the black bifrosts when they did the first (accidental) black run. Jason pretty much said the reality was that clamor was greater than demand. If people really want the product they'll buy it, as evidenced by the fact that many folks asking for black here already own one in silver.

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #9,896 of 149,393
They already said that they had a bit of a hard time getting rid of the black bifrosts when they did the first (accidental) black run. Jason pretty much said the reality was that clamor was greater than demand. If people really want the product they'll buy it, as evidenced by the fact that many folks asking for black here already own one in silver.

I think you need to factor in availability of accompanying products in black too. There's not much sense in black Bifrost if you can't buy a black Asgard 2 to stack it with. That would be my logic, for instance.

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #9,897 of 149,393

Out with the black?  Heck, I am still waiting on them to get their Schiit together and OFFER the black Yggy again.  I need a second one and intend to wait for a black one. 

Schiit should set up a "black queue" the way they have for the upgrade queue.  Pay more to defray the extra cost for stocking more colors and get it sooner!

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #9,898 of 149,393
Well, if it's true what @theblueprint said in his post that Schiit only offers black when they've had a screwup in the metal finishing that requires a remedial paintjob, then they won't have very many in black in stock at any given time.

So.

Looking back at the Asgard 2 and Ragnarok online, both still have black versions on offer.

That tells me that despite the protestations of desire to join the dark side, in reality not many of them sell. Most likely everyone who wants to take a black Schiit has already done so, and the few they have in stock will sit there for a while, stiinking up inventory SKUs.

wink.gif

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #9,900 of 149,393
  In my view, "If it ain't Schiilver, it ain't Schiit..."

I just thought that one of Jason's pet peeves was the idea of the component case as sculpture, and spending all your money on the case, rather than on the components inside.

It's certainly one of my pet peeves! :)  But I seem to be in the minority here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back