Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 20, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #9,842 of 150,413
Jan 21, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #9,846 of 150,413
Both Silver & Black ?

Wouldn't that double the size of the entire Product Line ?, add 20% to "Cost" from Inventory Control Systems & doubling of Warehouse size requirements.  We'd be looking at an immediate increase of every price :  Asgard2 would go from $250 to $300 overnight, without a 20% performance increase!  Might even force a move to larger facilities.  
  I see Schiit as a "Value" Company not a Packaging Design Company, an Intelligent Design Company not a designer of Baubles.
The marketplace seems to accept Silver, I see Schiit stuff in the snaps of every meet.  I was in Austria where the local AKG folks had Schiit stuff.  

Latest trend is increasing Logo size and glitzyness, I could accept and embrace a larger "S" logo but I wouldn't like the idea defining gear vintage by say'n things like a piece is a small logo or a newer piece with the large logo. 

I feel: the Silver packaging ain't broken, spend my money on improved designs instead : like increasing the facility size. 

Funny how I feel that I've bought into the Schiit Company!, kinda makes me feel like I should be 100% Schiit : "In for a Penny, in for a Pound".

Tony in Michigan  or rather Iowa & New Hampshire, with fingers crossed

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #9,847 of 150,413
  Both Silver & Black ?

I don't understand the audio market fascination with black.  Why not make everything ferrari red or royal blue?

I try as much as possible to go the silver route.  My audio bling needs to look like bling, gosh darn it!

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #9,848 of 150,413
  I don't understand the audio market fascination with black.  Why not make everything ferrari red or royal blue?

I try as much as possible to go the silver route.  My audio bling needs to look like bling, gosh darn it!

Because black is classy.

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #9,851 of 150,413
The "Silver" period of the 70's was the classy time. Black is too 80's plastic and multi colors. Silver rules. IMHO & YMMV :sunglasses:

r2

The Schiit silver matches well with classic vintage gear and oddball stuff like my Fi Yph.

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #9,853 of 150,413
Love the Original Lyr.  The only way I would upograde to Lyr 2 is if it came in black.  Hint, hint, hint...

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #9,854 of 150,413
Black is classy?

More likely the audio gear is too fat and is using black to look like a younger more svelte version of itself.

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #9,855 of 150,413
'nother chapter suggestion:

Who're the people in the audio business (particularly amp and DAC design) you or Mike really admire, past or present?  People who blew the top of your head off as a younger guy, making you think you might want to do this for a living: "How the heck did he do that?  He did it like that?  Wow."  Or folks who are so good at what they're doing now you think "He's got that one covered.  No reason for Schiit to get into it."

I'm kinda fascinated with certain people I read or hear about, where even those who have very different design ideas will get "that look" in their eyes and say in hushed tones, "He's a really smart guy."  Just wondering who you fellows might talk about in that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back