Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 22, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #98,252 of 151,889
That was sick...! Though, I must admit, that fretboard was disconcerting. I can't wait to replay that track on my Schiit Stack at work...! 😆

Thanks! 😀

This is soooOOOooOOOoo COOL! As the King would say,
"Thankyew! Thankyewveruhmuch!"

That guitar is sweeeeet!

You're both welcome! @StimpyWan, I barely comprehend how a mind can understand parallel frets. Charlie's guitar is in the realm of quantum physics.

Aug 22, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #98,253 of 151,889
Hey @bcowen that's a DIGITAL ultrasonic cleaner. You use it on analog records?

:p
LOL! When the digital hits the analog it's like a matter/anti-matter explosion which significantly enhances the ultra part of the sonic. In layman's terms, of course. :slight_smile:

Aug 22, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #98,254 of 151,889
When you find a half-filled beer bottle, always make sure you know what it is filled with...
Wise man! Once in my ute i came out of a campus bar and saw a 1/2 beer on someone's car. Took a big swig. Turns out it was used to extinguish a cig. Makes me cringe 50 years later........

Aug 22, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #98,255 of 151,889
Thanks for your help @bcowen, @DACattack and other forum members who have offered great advice on cleaning vinyl.

I think that having just spent out on a Folkvangr, an ultrasonic vinyl cleaner is hard to justify... for now.:beyersmile:

I have just ordered a Project record cleaner- the VC S2-ALU, priced at £359 here in UK:
https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/vc-s2-alu/

When it arrives, I will try cleaning my recently purchased copy of Deja Vu and see if that helps the 'crackling' before I go back to the record shop.

I will also buy a cheap extra head shell and cartridge for my Technics turntable, so that I can easily put a cheaper one in with an elliptical stylus when playing older, worn vinyl.
I currently use an Ortofon 2M Black, which has a 'Shibata' diamond stylus.

The tone arm on my 1200G has a detachable head shell.
The Pro-Ject looks very nice! Should do the job quite well. Once you use up the cleaning fluid that comes with it, let me know and I can point you to some DIY formulas that work as well as the commercial solutions for far less money.

Aug 22, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #98,256 of 151,889
When you find a half-filled beer bottle, always make sure you know what it is filled with...
Reminds me, unfortunately, of a passage from Sammy Davis, Jr's memoirs....

Aug 23, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #98,257 of 151,889
Aug 23, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #98,258 of 151,889
Since we're discusing recently discovered music, here are a couple of mine:

Charlie Hunter ... Interesting 7-string guitar !!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #98,259 of 151,889
The Pro-Ject looks very nice! Should do the job quite well. Once you use up the cleaning fluid that comes with it, let me know and I can point you to some DIY formulas that work as well as the commercial solutions for far less money.
Thanks @bcowen .
I trust that the DIY ‘formula’ won’t result in a depletion of my dwindling stock of single malts :beyersmile:

Aug 23, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #98,260 of 151,889
Thanks @bcowen .
I trust that the DIY ‘formula’ won’t result in a depletion of my dwindling stock of single malts :beyersmile:

Is it vinegar based...? After you clean records, do you pour it over a pork shoulder...? 🤣

Aug 23, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #98,263 of 151,889
Cute little guys - waiting for some time to switch over and hear what they sound like!
1661255642246.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back