Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 20, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #96,559 of 150,704
You need a real red.......
I'm not a big fan of red, but if I had to choose one it would be something like this.

Blue isn't my favorite either (probably closer to 3rd) but it was the only color I really liked when I purchased my vehicles.
10L.png

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #96,560 of 150,704
A/V design by interior designers is what led to video screens above fire places, in-wall speakers, and "lifestyle" systems. I say never let an interior designer near your A/V setup if what you want is function over form.
I'm not talking about having the interior designers overrule function (i.e, not form over function). Once function is set, however, there is plenty of room for aesthetic considerations.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #96,561 of 150,704
Jul 20, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #96,565 of 150,704
Reminds of Volvo’s old Polestars:
90DC3922-9CFB-431A-8580-E697724E76F9.jpeg

Would love to own one, but it really doesn’t make sense for me to buy other than EVs in the future. Maybe a C40 Recharge when they start showing up on the used market.. :thinking:

F3B16F58-2320-4A55-9008-F83C499987EF.jpeg

Got my electric XC40 in that blue

I finally got to see it in person on Monday and it looks SWEET!

Jul 20, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #96,566 of 150,704
Nope. It keeps it from being a monolithic black slab. And, with the new matte finish knobs and buttons, I think it looks really good.
And if you search the past six months or so of this thread for "knob" you get two or three versions of Knobs 'R Us from your friendly Schiitizens.

And funny you brought up cars… You've seen my car. It took me close to four months to hunt down this particular model, trim level, and color. Because going with anything else would have bothered me too much. 😬
A friend of mine just took delivery of a new truck he ordered six months ago. Ford delivered the wrong truck. And wrong in some pretty big ways, like 4WD when he doesn't want that. He's seriously considering keeping it because he doesn't want to wait another six months. It's really pitiful we've been reduced to things like this.

Of course the frigging grain varies, that's why one buys wooden things....
But the last two generations have grown up with MDF and LDL... And then there's NC and the card board trees...

My current Volvo had been driven over 150k km when I bought it (barely driven in by Finnish standards, or should I say burned-in…) and I haven’t spent over 500€ for any repair or maintenance I’ve had done for it. Newer Volvos might be more expensive to get fixed, though. That’s why I stay far away from German cars, too. Suberb cars, but expensive to maintain.
Mrs. macdonjh likes to think about a German or Austrian brand for her next car. I told her she'd have to seriously consider changing from buying to leasing in that case.

+1 Mazda currently has the best red. Toyota/ Lexus has the best pearl white. Nissan used to have the best black, but not so much any more. I'm not a big fan of the lacquer finish gray showing up on so many cars. The blue like our host's C8 is cool, but I wish automakers would offer more colors. Hell, there's no inventory anymore anyway, so they don't have to worry about a certain color sitting around on a lot. Just paint to order from a selection of colors. Like Mr. Ford used to do, except, you know, with choices.

Jul 20, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #96,568 of 150,704
I'm not a big fan of red, but if I had to choose one it would be something like this.

Blue isn't my favorite either (probably closer to 3rd) but it was the only color I really liked when I purchased my vehicles.

Nice...I see you're a Chevy Guy :wink:

Well, you know what they say!

1658358522379.png

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #96,570 of 150,704
Only if it uses KT-150 tubes. 6L6's and EL-34's sound more like a Honda Civic with a fart muffler. 🤣
Lisa and I both hate colorful cars (LOL, riiiight).

IMG_2130.jpegIMG_2075.jpeg

So yeah, I get it.

I also like silver (on our products).

But we also need to make something that's reliably producible. Something even Apple is learning with the new Midnight-colored Airs: https://9to5mac.com/2022/07/19/midnight-macbook-air-easily-scratches/ -- full disclaimer, the same thing happened on my black Surface Pro.
Wow, I like both cars but the 'stang is way cool, for my money I am kind of old school not into rented heated seats, etc. I DO enjoy a blue vehicle, since 1989. My first major purchase out of university and have not regretted it, still runs strong to date.

Attachments

• 88 Cruiser.jpg
    88 Cruiser.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back