Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 6, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #95,791 of 151,235
In my experience Schiit is great about shipping products quickly. And I have had pretty good luck with FedEx delivering Schiit audio gear on time.
Trying to follow tracking information can be exasperating though, given the lack of FedEx updates at times or incorrect information. I do know that
it usually takes about 7 days to receive my Schiit gear, so that is what I use as a reference. Best of luck to those of you who are awaiting deliveries
on your Folkvangr's and other gear! 😊
I agree wholeheartedly. Schiit has been very upfront with shipping estimates due to...whatever. When the FV left their dock in half their published time, I was ecstatic. Then all the shipping heartache. Then today - I'm in the lab working trying to not think about FedEx, Covid, what have you. There's a knock on the door. The lady I whined to this morning said she had a package for me. My Schiit has actually landed!!! :darthsmile: The box, still sealed, is now in the trunk of my car waiting for me to finish work and go home. Then the fun shall begin!!!

Jul 6, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #95,792 of 151,235
I agree wholeheartedly. Schiit has been very upfront with shipping estimates due to...whatever. When the FV left their dock in half their published time, I was ecstatic. Then all the shipping heartache. Then today - I'm in the lab working trying to not think about FedEx, Covid, what have you. There's a knock on the door. The lady I whined to this morning said she had a package for me. My Schiit has actually landed!!! :darthsmile: The box, still sealed, is now in the trunk of my car waiting for me to finish work and go home. Then the fun shall begin!!!
So it is twue! If we are patient and work hard, our Schiit will come in! HUZZAH!
I am happy for you, believe me! :beerchug:

Jul 6, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #95,793 of 151,235
That Lassie, she's really got some voice. She could sing the birds down from the trees! 😉
Apparently she does, because I find feathers on a somewhat frequent basis.

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #95,794 of 151,235
Not entirely sure why, but felt the need to post this...
070622name.jpg
Though our version would be, "but you have the giant stash of NOS Bugle Boys," or "but you're the one who builds amps out of Masonite, right?"

On another tangent, I know FedEx has been wonky lately. But for perspective: a few months back I mailed book from north San Diego County to south SDCounty, perhaps 40 miles as the freeway winds. From USPS I got an estimate of four days and a tracking number. A week later, the parcel was in Washington D.C. It then passed through North Carolina and Los Angeles before being delivered in San Diego, a 20 day round trip. I wish I could travel that far for $4.45.
A Cheers quote I believe. Classic :)

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #95,795 of 151,235
I hope it didn't ship Fed Ex...? 😳
Oh heck no. I gave it to a long haul trucker who said he was going to one of the Carolinas, either North or South. Practically the same thing right? I can only say Bill’s looks nothing like this, it is real hardwood.

DBAD9564-8FC4-4E3D-9250-04D38A087B58.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #95,796 of 151,235
Weird-Random-Facts

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #95,797 of 151,235
Oh heck no. I gave it to a long haul trucker who said he was going to one of the Carolinas, either North or South. Practically the same thing right? I can only say Bill’s looks nothing like this, it is real hardwood.

Hey, even South Carolina added South to their name, to differentiate themselves from the North...! 😂😂

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #95,799 of 151,235
Mjolnir 3, if Jason ever finds time and parts to make it, would as likely be solid state TOTL statement as anything tubey, given the value Lyr presents.
Maybe do the Bob Carver thing and give it a knob to select a tube flavor. How many positions would such a thing have?
Folkvangr setting
Lyr setting
etc....

Jul 6, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #95,801 of 151,235
Using it was a preamp between my Bartok and my T+A A200 really changes the presentation of every speaker.
Fun!

I want one of those A200s. Just got an Amp 8 and it's so very nice.

Jul 6, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #95,802 of 151,235

"Sigh"......
All's I'm gonna say is that the social contract wasn't broken by the people receiving the paycheck.

Apparently, this is the first time in my lifetime (and I'm no spring chicken) where labor has the whipping hand. Turn about, and all that :-D

Jul 6, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #95,803 of 151,235
I'm there with you. Revisionist history in action right here. They've conveniently changed the city names to erase their screwup from earlier in the week. I was just talking to our inventory clerk about this and she said that talking with our UPS delivery guy, everybody is short staffed and most just don't give a shiit about doing a decent job. They just want the paycheck.

I get so frustrated putting up with people who don't give a crap about their job. I see it everywhere these days and if I keep going I'm going to sound like the angry old man yelling at the clouds.

So I'll risk starting a fight, and go out on a limb and say that "people not giving a crap about their jobs" is an overly simplistic viewpoint/opinion/belief held by too many people not wanting to spend time on a more indepth look at the issues....

How much of it has to do with people being over worked, both in terms of hours spent working and expectations for the hours actually worked? How much of it is mental stress and anxiety? How much of it is physical? Depends on the job, sure... UPS and Fedex warehouse workers for example have more volume, less staff, and are expected to move more volume in a similar time frame as they used to do for lesser volumes. And with inflation, all of it for less pay.

I am a desk jockey, but I am burned the F out by working the jobs of two people. I been shouldering a heavy load the past 2+ years and its been worse the last 4 months as a manager at another location quit and I got shifted 4-6 hours of work a day, but only had 1-2 hours of work shifted away from me...and I was already at 10 hr daily average, plus weekends. My work quality has for sure suffered, and as my quality of life suffers... (time, stress, anxiety) I care less.....

Then you add companies shortchanging employees .10 cents here .7 percent there, etc, and you wonder why crap doesnt work as well or why they don't care as much..

Add in all the people that wisely retired during the pandemic, and it gets worse..... If you take a look at society as a whole and see we are all consuming products, goods, services.... there isn't enough help to go around for everything we consume.....

Anyway getting off my horse... It's a lot of grey and many factors...It isn't as easy as people just caring less in many circumstances....

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #95,804 of 151,235
Maybe do the Bob Carver thing and give it a knob to select a tube flavor. How many positions would such a thing have?
Folkvangr setting
Lyr setting
etc....
A Bob Carver and Nelson Pass mishmash Ampenstein!! YES!!!!

Jul 6, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #95,805 of 151,235
A Bob Carver and Nelson Pass mishmash Ampenstein!! YES!!!!
Wait, what? Not familiar with the Nelson Pass amp shenanigans?

I mean, I know he's one of the greatest living amp designers and his amps are much sought after. My impression was that he's a bit on the staid, anti-JasonStoddard side of things. Are you seayng he has a dark secret/passion I need to learn about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back