Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 24, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #94,981 of 150,615
Call me weird, but I think we're gonna be making plenty to keep people occupied for a while. It's not a cheap amp, it's not a super-powerful amp, it's not an amp for IEMs, it's measurements are horrifying by objectivist standards, it runs super-warm...plenty of reasons not to buy it.

If you want to be first up, though, I expect it'll go live early Monday morning (think 6-7 AM PST).

Update to the update: boards are working fine. I'll be taking one home, and we'll be ready for launch on Monday.
OK, I'm calling you weird.

It's an over the top OTL/OCL tube amplifier. For headphones. The only way it could have been more outrageous would have been to use 300B tubes. Some of us love tubes. A lot. And knowing that you've designed this thing just adds more gravitas to the offering. And it won't be over priced. 'Cause it's made by Schiit.

Nope, not going to be for everyone. But for this woman, it will be another wonderful tube headphone amplifier to enjoy.

I'll be up early on Monday morning.

Oh, and I really appreciate that you don't release product on Fridays so that your staff can hold onto what shred of sanity might remain.

Jun 24, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #94,983 of 150,615
Yeah. Scarcity with it being limited to 250 makes it a COLLECTIBE. Buy it. Try it. Don't like it? Hold onto it and sell it in a few months. You could double your money.

Anyone checkout price on a used JIL when they're even available? 😉

Jun 24, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #94,984 of 150,615
I made money selling a SOL.

Jun 24, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #94,985 of 150,615
Exactly! 😀

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #94,986 of 150,615
It's an over the top OTL/OCL tube amplifier. For headphones. The only way it could have been more outrageous would have been to use 300B tubes. Some of us love tubes. A lot. And knowing that you've designed this thing just adds more gravitas to the offering. And it won't be over priced. 'Cause it's made by Schiit.
I am waiting for the smaller version, in Lyr 3 sized chassis (with less tubes - maybe 6 instead of 10 tubes?)...
@Jason Stoddard - I know you won't disappoint :wink:

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #94,987 of 150,615
Just remember, there may be selection bias here - this is an enthusiast forum and an enthusiast thread so this may not be representative of the real demand.

That being said, I am happy that there is no meeting currently shown at 8am CDT and the 9am meeting is a Teams meeting. Not sure how effective I will be doing asset criticality review during that meeting, but if it is more 8am CDT than 10am CDT I should be fine...

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #94,988 of 150,615
Just remember, there may be selection bias here - this is an enthusiast forum and an enthusiast thread so this may not be representative of the real demand.

That being said, I am happy that there is no meeting currently shown at 8am CDT and the 9am meeting is a Teams meeting. Not sure how effective I will be doing asset criticality review during that meeting, but if it is more 8am CDT than 10am CDT I should be fine...

I wouldn't worry too much. Initial response is bound to crash their servers and it'll take a while to get them back up.

You should be fine.

:beerchug:
JC

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #94,989 of 150,615
Jun 24, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #94,991 of 150,615
I am waiting for the smaller version, in Lyr 3 sized chassis (with less tubes - maybe 6 instead of 10 tubes?)...
@Jason Stoddard - I know you won't disappoint :wink:
Valhalla?
Seriously, the Valhalla 2 is a great amp assuming you have headphones that fit within it's limits.

And to be OCL as well as OTL is gonna require more power supply than will fit in the Lyr 3/Valhalla2 size chassis.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #94,992 of 150,615
Not here, I'm enjoying them every day of the week.
My previous amps were a set of Aegirs. Before that a set of Vidars. Tried several amps that had a high review score or some of my friends own.

There is more control (especially in the lows) with a set of Tyr's and more headroom (more relaxed) compared to Aegir.
Compared to Vidar, Aegir is much smoother, Tyr takes that to the next level.
Compared to Class D Eigentakt, Tyr won. Even Aegir won already.
Compared to Benchmark AHB2, Tyr won. Even Aegir won already.
Compared to Quad 520F there is no compare. The 520F can't keep up.
Tyr is so balanced, controlled and relaxed, unbelievable details.
Not really the market for Tyr due to downsizing, runs too hot, etc.
OTOH, really curious about those "won" statements. Won, how, exactly? That is, it won on details, won on bass grip, won on ...?

Thanks in advance for indulging my curiosity.

Jun 24, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #94,993 of 150,615
... Not sure how effective I will be doing asset criticality review during that meeting...
Wouldn't the Folkvangr count as a critical asset? One would think.... :wink:

Jun 24, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #94,994 of 150,615
Just FYI, the old Vidars ran hotter than the Tyr's do.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #94,995 of 150,615
Wouldn't the Folkvangr count as a critical asset? One would think.... :wink:
Eh, its all made up anyways. Lets do a criticality ranking of a hydraulic valve that can't be PMed or PdMed to detect failure before it becomes bad enough to be a functional failure instead of equipment that if it breaks leads to hundreds of thousands an hour in lost revenue because my coworkers are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back