Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 26, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #9,347 of 151,657
looks like i need a separate schiit savings account for 2016 
tongue.gif

Dec 26, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #9,348 of 151,657
Dec 26, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #9,349 of 151,657

I`d like to see them develop a world class HP in the $400 range (open or closed back). ha ha...wouldn`t that be cool tho? Kinda like Massdrop did with Fostex. Personally, I don`t consider the TH-XOO to be "World Class" but it`s damn good.

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #9,352 of 151,657
Any chance of Schiit adding a remote volume control to the top end amps?

I love my Mjolnir 2 in my office and would love to use a 2nd one in my living room, but the lack of a remote volume makes it a non-starter with my wife. :frowning2:

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #9,353 of 151,657
A balance-control knob... yes please !

Here is why;

- when using a computer and sitting at a desk.. Well, mine is not placed in the center of the room.

- living room; do people sit in only one location when critical listening? I sure don't and have a few preferred sitting locations.

- active speakers have built-in amps and no balance control.

I am so hoping and have asked they add balance control to the SYS over the past year that I have offered my Nordic-style surname.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO USE IT, then don't use it and allow the rest of us with irregular-shaped rooms to have one.

(How many asked for mine-out in the Vali 2? And now we have a Tube preamp.)

Call it SYS IVER

:)

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #9,354 of 151,657
  Any chance of Schiit adding a remote volume control to the top end amps?

I love my Mjolnir 2 in my office and would love to use a 2nd one in my living room, but the lack of a remote volume makes it a non-starter with my wife. :frowning2:

+1.  If Schiit amps had a remote volume control I would have no hesitation replacing the amp in my main hifi system.  This is the only thing holding me back at the moment.

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #9,355 of 151,657
+1.  If Schiit amps had a remote volume control I would have no hesitation replacing the amp in my main hifi system.  This is the only thing holding me back at the moment.

What would you say if I told you that there was a time, not so long ago, when you had to get up and change the channels on a television? /Morpheus

Seriously though, more Schiit that can go wrong/eat batteries/get lost.

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #9,356 of 151,657
I don't see them doing digital volume and motored pot to every amp would be silly expensive, since most wouldn't use it anyway.

Schiit should create some dedicated preamp/volume box with a motor pot. Then just design some clever generic port behind all new amps (why not dacs too) that you could attach it to override it's volume functions. Make it super high quality so there is incentive to "upgrade" volume controls on lower stuff..

Well yeah I guess you don't need a dedicated port, since there's always a line-in in the amps etc.. just rambling. Amp could use a bypass button on it's internal pot though.

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #9,357 of 151,657
What would you say if I told you that there was a time, not so long ago, when you had to get up and change the channels on a television? /Morpheus

Seriously though, more Schiit that can go wrong/eat batteries/get lost.

I understand what you were saying, but for me personally the advent of remote volume was a godsend.  Prior to that I was never able to adjust the volume WHILE the music was playing for fear of blowing my speakers (I have very jerky movements due to cerebral palsy).  I appreciate my own circumstances are somewhat uncommon, and that most of the populous value remotes purely for convenience, but what's wrong with that?  Isn't that what most people want today?  I do agree though that it should not compromise the focus on quality and amazing price-performance ratio of Schiit's products.  To that end, I think Schiit should offer remote control volume as an optional extra at time of order and charge whatever they need to make it financially viable.  That way only the customers that really want/need RC will be charged accordingly for it.

Dec 27, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #9,358 of 151,657
I understand what you were saying, but for me personally the advent of remote volume was a godsend.  Prior to that I was never able to adjust the volume WHILE the music was playing for fear of blowing my speakers (I have very jerky movements due to cerebral palsy).  I appreciate my own circumstances are somewhat uncommon, and that most of the populous value remotes purely for convenience, but what's wrong with that?  Isn't that what most people want today?  I do agree though that it should not compromise the focus on quality and amazing price-performance ratio of Schiit's products.  To that end, I think Schiit should offer remote control volume as an optional extra at time of order and charge whatever they need to make it financially viable.  That way only the customers that really want/need RC will be charged accordingly for it.

I didn't mean to offend, I just wanted to make a Morpheus joke. I totally get why a remote would be cool.

Then again, I lose my Apple TV remote all the time. Or I reach for the wrong remote and I turn on my girlfriend's PS3 instead of the TV.

An add-on control would be good for some peeps.

Dec 27, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #9,359 of 151,657
I didn't mean to offend, I just wanted to make a Morpheus joke. I totally get why a remote would be cool.

Then again, I lose my Apple TV remote all the time. Or I reach for the wrong remote and I turn on my girlfriend's PS3 instead of the TV.

An add-on control would be good for some peeps.

No offence taken 
smile.gif

BTW - Last year I reached the point of 'remote control overload', at which point I bought a Logitech Harmony universal programmable remote and put my other 8 remotes away in a cupboard.  Life is much simpler now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back