Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 22, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #93,556 of 150,704
I do own a house with a really large room but I am not so sure my wife would want me visiting the female renters that often. They use that room for hoop dancing and pole dancing.
Um.., ok. I bet that room also has decent sound deadening?

May 22, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #93,557 of 150,704
May 22, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #93,558 of 150,704
May 22, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #93,559 of 150,704
probably something like 0xBAABAA or 0xCACACA

seriously, though, you can use DSLR, macro lens, x-rite color checker passport, adobe photoshop or similar to get hex value, or just guesstimate using some 10%/20%/30% etc gray samples.
To the untrained (read: me) eye, that reads like sheep talk and poo poo. I need a "NoK" emoti.

This will have to do: The laughing Nod of Knowledge - :L3000:

ORT the simple minded hath spoken...

Last edited:
May 22, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #93,561 of 150,704
There's an episode of Wonder Woman, from the 70s TV show, where Ms Francis plays a former beauty queen now beauty pageant organizer.
She laments, at one point, being old and no longer attractive at 42 (maybe 45).

She looked pretty much the same to me as her 20yo self in Forbidden Planet, Honey West and various Twilight Zone episodes she appears in, like After Hours.
Is that the episode where she was a mannequin in a store where they all took turns coming to life? That was neato!
May 22, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #93,562 of 150,704
Speaking of which…

215F3F99-13E0-4FCC-B6FF-AD4AA0246785.jpeg
Nice, but I can not swim. I know, unusual for one of my kind but sadly true. I sink like a stone. Always have. My father had a boat when he was in the Navy and took us out in the Atlantic fishing. I think I wore two life vests. Kinda sorta like the lead character in the film "Unbreakable", water seems to be my bane.

I am a certified wimp in the water.

May 22, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #93,563 of 150,704
Speaking of which…

215F3F99-13E0-4FCC-B6FF-AD4AA0246785.jpeg
That location (Fisherman's Wharf) is about a 15 minute walk from my house. I grew up in San Francisco, went away to college, then lived a suburban life in Silicon Valley for many years. I didn't like suburbia and after getting married I was happy to move back to my home town.

May 22, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #93,564 of 150,704
May 22, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #93,565 of 150,704
I’ve only visited SF a few times around twenty years ago. If the Slanted Door is still around I’d be very happy.
The Slanted Door is still there! I was just in SF, and it is closed for a renovation, but supposed to reopen later this year. Great place! I was disappointed that it wasn't open.

May 23, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #93,566 of 150,704
I am fortunate to have some connections but I did not want to buy another house just for a large room to house the speakers.

That made me smile @Paladin79

When we moved home a year ago, I was determined to have a 'music room' big enough to accommodate my ATC SCM 100 ASLs, as the last house had a great room.

The ATCs aren't as big as some horn speakers, but they are pretty big and weigh around 65 Kg each.

My wife said 'why don't you get some nice little Bose speakers....?'

That conversation didn't last long :beyersmile:

Fortunately, my wife is very understanding, and the 'music room' in the new house , whilst not quite as big as the last one, should be plenty big enough for the ATCs and all the audio gear which will comprise four Schiit items-Original Yggy A2 , Freya S, Lokius, and Magni 3+ as well as a Jay's Audio CDT2-Mk 3 CD Transport, Technics SL 1200G turntable, Rega Phonostage, Logitech 'Transporter' digital streamer and Sennheiser HD 800S headphones.

The new room should be ready in about a week, having been stripped back to brickwork, re-plastered, re-floored and re-wired.
It has been a long wait....

The Bose Wave Radio/CD player can stay in the kitchen, where my wife can continue to enjoy the marvel of Bose Wave technology....

It's a neat little device but for me, there really is no substitute for large bass drivers.:beyersmile:

Last edited:
May 23, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #93,567 of 150,704
That made me smile @Paladin79

When we moved home a year ago, I was determined to have a 'music room' big enough to accommodate my ATC SCM 100 ASLs, as the last house had a great room.

The ATCs aren't as big as some horn speakers, but they are pretty big and weigh around 65 Kg each.

My wife said 'why don't you get some nice little Bose speakers....?'

That conversation didn't last long :beyersmile:

Fortunately, my wife is very understanding, and the 'music room' in the new house , whilst not quite as big as the last one, should be plenty big enough for the ATCs and all the audio gear which will comprise four Schiit items-Original Yggy A2 , Freya S, Lokius, and Magni 3+ as well as a Jay's Audio CDT3 Mk 2 CD Transport, Technics SL 1200G turntable, Rega Phonostage, Logitech 'Transporter' digital streamer and Sennheiser SD 800S headphones.

The new room should be ready in about a week, having been stripped back to brickwork, re-plastered, re-floored and re-wired.
It has been a long wait....

The Bose Wave Radio/CD player can stay in the kitchen, where my wife can continue to enjoy the marvel of Bose Wave technology....

It's a neat little device but for me, there really is no substitute for large bass drivers.:beyersmile:
My wife gets by with a small audio system I built for her using tiger maple to match the rest of the woodwork in her pottery shed. It is just the two of us now in a three bedroom 2.5 bath house is more than enough at this stage of our lives. With 14 speakers, an AV cabinet and soon to be two audio racks, there is only so much usable space lol. I also have three computers, associated desk, two printers etc. in the same area.

The ATC speakers do look interesting. It is not always easy to do but having heard my target speakers and tube amp together in a similar size room, I know they are right for me. It's been a few years since I have listened to a variety of DACS in a blind study so friends are going to set up several for me to hear. I will switch in a Gungnir on occasion depending on the music.

Last edited:
May 23, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #93,569 of 150,704
I do own a house with a really large room but I am not so sure my wife would want me visiting the female renters that often. They use that room for hoop dancing and pole dancing.

pictures-or-it-qvm44b.jpg

May 23, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #93,570 of 150,704
Sorry there are no pictures, I did have access to a video that was made public but I am not sure it is available anymore. A half dozen friends here have seen it as I tried to explain hoop dancing. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back