Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 22, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #93,526 of 149,089
I could not finish the two way versus three way article.
Perhaps somebody should collect all the Audiosolace articles and release them as a book: The Leslie Neilsen Guide to Audio.

Back in the early '90s my father-in-law and I heard a Bose Acoustimass 5 system at an audio store while we were shopping for speakers for him (I already had my Apogee, so I was set for the next decade-and-a-half). I'm certain they weren't optimally set up, and they may have been in the store simply for demonstration purposes (the store was not a Bose dealer), but they sounded comical. Everything everyone before me has posted. My father-in-law is not an audiophile, but he absolutely recognized better sound was available.

I've not heard a Wave Radio or a 901, but I have heard Bose car audio systems and prefer to not support that brand for those reasons.

Last edited:
May 22, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #93,527 of 149,089
Speaking of Bose...

Attachments

• 2ba6.jpg
    2ba6.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
May 22, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #93,529 of 149,089
The town itself is as beautiful as ever, I'd move back there in a heartbeat. But then you have to deal with the people who made that town their own over the past ten years and all I can think of is that I want to move as far away from that pretentious schiithole as I possibly can… 🤣
Oh San Francisco, you are breaking my heart… 😩
Agreed that the City is amazing; one of the best places on the planet. But the whole "sanctuary city" positioning has caused it to devolve into a real cesspool.
And that doesn't even take the Tech Bros into account...

May 22, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #93,530 of 149,089
SF is hardly a cesspool. My youngest brother lives there now. I chose to not live there when I got out of the Navy in 84 and to locate in the South Bay because of traffic concerns. I love SF - I love everything about it except for the bicyclists. :) I left the Bay Area in 2009 but return frequently.

Last edited:
May 22, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #93,531 of 149,089
If I could afford to live in SF and maintain my current lifestyle, I would do it in a SECOND!!! One of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited, but then again, I don't get out much and it was quite a few years ago. :D

Last edited:
May 22, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #93,532 of 149,089
I had a pair of Heresy II for a while. I liked them at first. But the longer I lived with them the more faults I found in them. Limited power handling, low imaging, no low bass. They had that classic lively Klipsch sound but seemed like they needed a big room to open up. And a good subwoofer.

I heard the Cornwalls at a local dealer‘s shop and really liked them. Of course they were helped some by being driven by an all McIntosh system. Much better room filling sound. Their only downsides that I could tell are weight and price.

May 22, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #93,533 of 149,089
I had a pair of Heresy II for a while. I liked them at first. But the longer I lived with them the more faults I found in them. Limited power handling, low imaging, no low bass. They had that classic lively Klipsch sound but seemed like they needed a big room to open up. And a good subwoofer.

I heard the Cornwalls at a local dealer‘s shop and really liked them. Of course they were helped some by being driven by an all McIntosh system. Much better room filling sound. Their only downsides that I could tell are weight and price.
I do not have much experience with the Heresy II's but the larger Klipsch are scary efficient and not lacking for bass. I helped build a tube amp for a set of Klipschorn many years ago and 15 watts was remarkable in a large room. You do need a large room and they are not cheap by any means

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-eW41u...l?cnxclid=16532476850845886977410080301008005

It all started with one man (Paul W. Klipsch) and one idea (horn-loaded speakers). In a tiny tin shed in Hope, Arkansas in 1946, Klipsch designed, hand-built and patented the now-legendary Klipschorn, the only speaker in the world that has been in continuous production for over 70 years – and yes, they're still made in Arkansas, largely unchanged from the original design... just not in a shed.

May 22, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #93,534 of 149,089

Price is a big deal but weight, I only have to carry them once. I hope. At this stage of what passes for "life" I often hope I only have to carry some thing once.

I think I could carry the Klipsch ProMedia Heritage by my self. :L3000: I do like their looks tho'...

May 22, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #93,535 of 149,089
Price is a big deal but weight, I only have to carry them once. I hope. At this stage of what passes for "life" I often hope I only have to carry some thing once.

I think I could carry the Klipsch ProMedia Heritage by my self. :L3000: I do like their looks tho'...

I am fortunate to have some connections but I did not want to buy another house just for a large room to house the speakers.

May 22, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #93,536 of 149,089
Rereading the Yggy MIL LIM chapter and thinking how to upgrade Yggy without upgrading to hand wiring or turret? boards, larger and better spec'd parts, all that kind of marginal stuff but if you upgraded it all, would there be an audible difference and what would that cost?

May 22, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #93,538 of 149,089
They are doing miracles with tilt-wall construction. 😉

May 22, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #93,539 of 149,089
How about a detached listening building?
I already have two separate out buildings on my property lol. I will go with smaller Sonus Fabers and be happy. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back