Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 12, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #9,091 of 152,201
Schiit in Stereophile 

In the next Advert I'd have the man taking his LP12 out to the Street along with his Re-cycling bin.

( I'm reckless and wouldn't recommend actually using my idea )

I wonder if TAS would agree to run an Ad with a man experiencing a Multi-bit climax? 

It's a rather sharp jab in the ribs of the ClearAudio record player business and a bit of poop (Schiit) on the Harry Pierson ( Analog Mystique)  Statue.

"In for a Penny, in for a Pound"

Oh my, what fun!

Tony in Michigan

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #9,093 of 152,201
  I think that is a Straw Man argument.

That's why they need the pitchforks 
tongue.gif

(Actually, I'm not clear on what argument you are referring to)

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #9,094 of 152,201
I've got a Hugo and a Liquid Carbon driving my Ethers and Alpha Primes.

I want to save up for a Yggy and a Mjolnir 2. 

I'm tempted to buy this little guy to tide me over until I can get a MJ2, but I'm worried that it will be so far below what I have already that it won't get any actual play. 200 bucks is cheap for an amp, but more money than I want to waste!

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #9,096 of 152,201
  Schiit in Stereophile 

In the next Advert I'd have the man taking his LP12 out to the Street along with his Re-cycling bin.

( I'm reckless and wouldn't recommend actually using my idea )

I wonder if TAS would agree to run an Ad with a man experiencing a Multi-bit climax? 

It's a rather sharp jab in the ribs of the ClearAudio record player business and a bit of poop (Schiit) on the Harry Pierson ( Analog Mystique)  Statue.

"In for a Penny, in for a Pound"

Oh my, what fun!

Tony in Michigan

mate i have heard some record players sounding amazing (not the ones made out of baby seals and murrh) they were better than any computer or cd based system however for that to happen you do need a very well technically sorted out pre / power amp which does not have to be heavy on Cashesh. And MB DAC's that are implemented properly like the good schiit give that organic emotional connection to the music that a record player does without now being anal about the file format. the BiMB has produced turn table like witchcraft the music is now the focus not what to upgrade next nice job by team schiit thank you keep working on the schiit getting better 
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #9,097 of 152,201
  I had a similar problem with Bimby, I only put it in the cart so I could find out the postage to Australia ...  
cool.gif

Edit: Seeing I asked for it back in February
http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/5325#post_11332957
I guess I should check Vali 2 out (didn't get 2 inputs, but I s'pose, given the size, it was a case of 2 inputs or pre-out )

Get A SYS. Then You will have a Vali 2 Uber with with 2 Inputs and a pre amp out.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #9,098 of 152,201
  I've got a Hugo and a Liquid Carbon driving my Ethers and Alpha Primes.

I want to save up for a Yggy and a Mjolnir 2. 

I'm tempted to buy this little guy to tide me over until I can get a MJ2, but I'm worried that it will be so far below what I have already that it won't get any actual play. 200 bucks is cheap for an amp, but more money than I want to waste!

from what you already have doesnt sound like you need anything to tide you over lol

put that 200 towards a Yggy

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #9,099 of 152,201

Mr. aamer,

I think that I agree with you, to a point.  

The issue is that Vinyl reproduction gear doesn't fit into 21st Century Life.

A person can still invest in a wonderful Analog Playback system, is it worth the time and resources?, a small group feel it is, they are not reflective of the 99.999999% of the Music consuming Public.

In the 1960s, every home in the USA owned a record-player.  Today that number has decreased to under 70,000 Active hobbyists who buy less than one 'New' Vinyl Record per Month ( with that number decreasing steadily ).  A new Vinyl pressing has a cost of $50.   

Tony in Michigan

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #9,100 of 152,201
Great ad! I think it would have looked better without that awkwardly photoshopped laptop in the middle. The collection of CD's already establishes that this guy has a lot of 44.1/16 music. The laptop is just such a bad photoshop job.
And that Bifrost not matching the angle of the other two DACs...  (•̩̩̩̩_•̩̩̩̩) 

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #9,101 of 152,201

Mr. aamer,

A person can still invest in a wonderful Analog Playback system, is it worth the time and resources?, a small group feel it is, they are not reflective of the 99.999999% of the Music consuming Public.

In the 1960s, every home in the USA owned a record-player.  Today that number has decreased to under 70,000 Active hobbyists who buy less than one 'New' Vinyl Record per Month ( with that number decreasing steadily ).  A new Vinyl pressing has a cost of $50.   

Tony in Michigan

I do agree with you about convenience factor off computer based audio and that is why i use a mac mini as music server and not a turn table, however for me to get to a level of musicality from my system to even come close to vinyl it took a bespoke valve power and pre amps fettled (custom built) by a friend  Schiits BiMB, MIT interconnects and a pair of Focal 714 floor stander speakers. where as I have heard a 2000 USD set up based on turn table, integrated amp and small book shelf speakers just sound wonderful. as far as buying records well lots of inexpensive 2nd hand vinyl is there to be had. However the future is streaming so you are correct 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #9,102 of 152,201
Mr. aamer,

Tony in Michigan
With the number of U-Turn, Pro-Ject, Rega, and (unfortunately) Crosley entry level turntables being sold now I think your 70,000 number is a bit suspect. Also, the only new pressed albums at $50+ that I've seen are deluxe/special edition albums. While I don't think analogue will ever rule the everyday audio world again; I think you're discrediting it's rise among music enthusiast.

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #9,104 of 152,201
With the number of U-Turn, Pro-Ject, Rega, and (unfortunately) Crosley entry level turntables being sold now I think your 70,000 number is a bit suspect. Also, the only new pressed albums at $50+ that I've seen are deluxe/special edition albums. While I don't think analogue will ever rule the everyday audio world again; I think you're discrediting it's rise among music enthusiast.

I have to personally agree with anavel0. One of the places that has been restocking Vinyl is HMV in the UK which is also where I've been spending some time with shopping for presents (family, secret Santa). One of the most popular sections of my local store has been the vinyl section which every time I've been there most of this year and a fair few times this week has always had traffic and a fair few people in the queues buying Vinyl records with most shoppers buying a fair few at a time. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #9,105 of 152,201

One of the places that has been restocking Vinyl is HMV in the UK 

The Barnes and Noble down the street from my workplace carries vinyl.  It must be mainstream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back