Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 7, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #89,161 of 152,809
And the results are ?

Reason I'm here: dumb question but does anyone else have a DIN output on their turntable and wish there was a Mani 2 with a din input? I figure I can get up like ten people who will commit to purchasing one each, we can begin to discuss a run?

My Quad 405 has a DIN input. A nice company in the UK built me a DIN to RCA cable so I could use it with any of my assorted preamps. I'm sure @Paladin79 could do the same for you.

Mar 7, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #89,163 of 152,809
My Quad 405 has a DIN input. A nice company in the UK built me a DIN to RCA cable so I could use it with any of my assorted preamps. I'm sure @Paladin79 could do the same for you.
I have a long list of people I hope to help so finding the time is never easy. With a pin out this is fairly simple stuff.

Mar 7, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #89,164 of 152,809
You can buy them all over, just google.

Mar 7, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #89,165 of 152,809
A vintage goodie, for sure. One of the good doctor's live-radio (KMET 94.7 Los Angeles, IIRC) co-hosts recorded a song about a music critic for the LA Times, Robert Hilburn. Wish I could find that somewhere. It would make no sense to a listener in Des Moines, but as a reader of Hilburn's often acidic reviews I found it hilarious.
Hilburn wrote a review of a little known Englishman who had a tremendous performance at the Troubadour on the Strip in L.A. Elton John went on to become the star he is today.......

Mar 8, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #89,167 of 152,809
Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #89,169 of 152,809
I have a Moon Audio Blue Dragon interconnect for Naim Gear. Uses Din to RCA. I've used it with my Nait 5si.
My first thought is to always make my own so I have control over components used. :ksc75smile:

Getting back to music and Dr. Demento, some of you may recall National Lampoon.

"National Lampoon: Lemmings, a spinoff of the humor magazine National Lampoon, was a 1973 stage show that helped launch the performing careers of John Belushi, Christopher Guest, and Chevy Chase.[1][2] The show was co-written and co-directed by a number of people including Sean Kelly. The show opened at The Village Gate on January 25, 1973, and ran for 350 performances.

The songs from the show were subsequently issued as a record album. A video of one of the original performances, National Lampoon: Lemmings: Dead in Concert 1973, was eventually made available several decades later."

https://www.discogs.com/release/4797366-National-Lampoon-Lemmings

They also did their own version of "Give Ireland Back to the Irish", not to be confused with Paul McCartney's song. :ksc75smile:

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #89,170 of 152,809
Not trying to make anyone panic or suggest that you start hoarding, but folks on other sites are stocking up on certain tubes that are made only in Russia, like the 6N6P.

@Jason Stoddard , if this post is inappropriate please delete it.
Did anyone NOT see this coming?
Wonder if all the companies in North America who make tubed gear have ever considered pooling their resources to found a company to make a broad range of tubes on this continent. Keeping supply local is never a bad idea, as the last couple of years has highlighted.

Mar 8, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #89,171 of 152,809
I have a question - Just received a Magni Heresy from B-Stock. I have never really used a separate HP Amp before. My plan was to connect it to the SE out of my Freya so I could get some tubiness and use my Bluesound from there. It works, but I noticed that if I disconnect my Vidar from the other SE out there is significantly more gain on the Heresy.

Q1 - Would I be better off splitting the RCA out of the bluesound?
Q2 - This does NOT affect the output of the Vidar as far as I can tell - Why?

Thx!

Mar 8, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #89,172 of 152,809
Did anyone NOT see this coming?
Wonder if all the companies in North America who make tubed gear have ever considered pooling their resources to found a company to make a broad range of tubes on this continent. Keeping supply local is never a bad idea, as the last couple of years has highlighted.
I not only saw it coming, I tried to complete my Melz tube collection by ordering in December. (I was also given some Fotons but they are not from the desired years.) I also ordered some transformers I prefer, it may be years before I can buy more.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #89,173 of 152,809
Class A Schiit!

Whilst scanning the April 2022 issue of Stereophile, I was quite excited to see that Yggy OG, Aegir and Freya+ are all listed as Class A Recommended Components.
I know that my friends at Schiit Audio are not big on hype, but this is an enormous achievement IMHO. Congrats to @Jason Stoddard @Baldr and everyone else at Schiit Audio for building amazing gear that truly pushes the edge of the price-performance curve... thank you!

Mar 8, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #89,175 of 152,809
I think I was 12 when I discovered Dr. Demento. If I remember correctly it came on at 10pm Sunday night when I was supposed to be asleep. Then I heard this bit by George Carlin which had me laughing so hard I fell out of bed! Good times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back