Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 11, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #84,181 of 150,913
"Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler: Caddyshack Act 3 Scene 12

Bestest golf movie ever made.
…mostly due to a somewhat latent crush on Rene Russo, not because the movie itself would be any good… ;p

Nov 11, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #84,182 of 150,913
Nov 11, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #84,183 of 150,913
Just ordered a Loki. I noticed in the specs that the "Maximum Output Voltage" is 10 Volts!!!! This seems like a lot of volts. I know that DAC's put out about 2 volts. I thought of the Loki as not amplifying signal, just processing it.

Does the 10 volt maximum occur if I somehow put 10 volts into it? I realize people are not blowing stuff up by plugging it into Lokis, or there would be a hue and cry, so I expect there is a reasonable explanation.

Also - I have a Modi 3 feeding a Vali 2+, does the Loki go after the Modi or after the Vali or does it matter? The end result goes into either powered speakers or into a tube power amp with it's own, passive, speakers.

I realize that I could ask for this info from Schiit customer support, but I expect more wit, sarcasm and BBQ advice here. I will let Schiit Customer Support deal with people who have really hard questions, like "Does Ohm's Law apply to Pyst cables?"

Thanks

That capability is pretty much required by any (well designed) EQ; consider the case where you jack all 5 bands to max output......

Assuming you are driving headphones, Loki would go before Vali
If you put your signal processor, in this case a Loki, after your preamp, but before your power amp, you can use it to tweak the sound of all your sources. Or not, if your signal processor has a bypass switch. Which the Loki does.

Nov 11, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #84,184 of 150,913
Personally, I'm partial to Tin Cup.
…mostly due to a somewhat latent crush on Rene Russo, not because the movie itself would be any good… ;p
I have a niece who was involved with some of the promotion for that movie and Rene Russo was indeed hot. Some of the trick shots were borrowed from a famous grifter Titanic Thompson. Lee Trevino would do similar things, beat golfers with a Dr. Pepper bottle tied to a stick for a putter. My niece played golf with Costner for publicity pics when another model could not make the shoot.

Nov 11, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #84,185 of 150,913
This is hopefully a good time to thank those who served, this being Veteran’s Day in the US. I have not read back through all the posts so pardon me if this is redundant.

Tom

My Dad was an Army Medic, who served during D-Day. An older brother retired a Full Colonel. Other brothers were in the Navy and Army too. But me, colorblind, flat-footed, and with sleep apnea, no one wanted me. I would have been an honorable soldier, though it wasn't meant to be! 😖

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #84,186 of 150,913
I feel my message was suitably communicated within established colloquial norms. I refuse to be bound by the artificial constraints placed on use of language by those with reasonable grammatical skills.

(Yeah -- I'm a rebel.) :D
FTFY. You're welcome. :laughing:

Nov 11, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #84,190 of 150,913
Oh, don't get me started on her in The Thomas Crown Affair… :heart_eyes:
Now I know what to watch tonight. :grin:
I liked her in Line of Fire as well. I have a list of maybe ten movies I can watch over and over and that is one of them.

Things like The Shawshank Redemption
Battle of the Bulge
A Clockwork Orange
Cinema Paradiso
Hoosiers
The Big Lebowski etc.

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #84,191 of 150,913
My chef friend Sal Zappone makes an absolutely fabulous limoncello tiramisu. I go to his restaurant sometimes just for that, with a good espresso plus grappa.
I can't do the tiramisu (extreme lactose intolerance) but your post just reminded me that I need some good Portuguese bagaço for my weekend lunchtime espresso. @Derrick Swart knows what I'm talking about "café e bagaço"(or as we said back when "bica e bagaço") :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #84,192 of 150,913
Pasta is always eaten only with a fork in the right hand.
What about us poor left-handers? Hit with a ruler until we submit, as was done (to me among others) when trying to write with the left hand?

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #84,193 of 150,913
What about us poor left-handers? Hit with a ruler until we submit, as was done (to me among others) when trying to write with the left hand?
I feel your pain, figuratively. Being ambidextrous ain't a walk in the park, either. I grew up with that whole European fork in your left and knife in your right hand thing. But to this day, it's still confusing the heck out of me; holding either one in either hand feels equally normal and "right" to me. I can still feel my grandma's judging look whenever I catch myself doing it "wrong"… 🤣

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #84,194 of 150,913
I feel your pain, figuratively. Being ambidextrous ain't a walk in the park, either. I grew up with that whole European fork in your left and knife in your right hand thing. But to this day, it's still confusing the heck out of me; holding either one in either hand feels equally normal and "right" to me. I can still feel my grandma's judging look whenever I catch myself doing it "wrong"… 🤣
you are lucky, I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Nov 11, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #84,195 of 150,913

Users who are viewing this thread

Back