Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 25, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #83,341 of 150,788
A little off-topic, but it involves my Schiit-rig, so I'll try here..

I'm looking for a good multi-port GROUNDED usb charger. I currently have an Anker and, like most usb charging hubs, it is not grounded. The result is..

1. I get a slight tingling feeling when I touch my laptop. This is normal, apparently, but feels weird.
2. I get a clear hum in my headphones when I touch my laptop. (Intolerable!)

Replacing the Anker charger with a grounded one should solve both of these issues, but I can't find a clear recommendation on one anywhere. They also seem quite rare, with most being combo USB chargers / AC-Outlet extenders..

Anyone have a good grounded USB charger recommendation (US outlet)?
I don't have a specific one, but you can buy desk-mounting USB hubs for laboratory settings, they tend to come in metal housings and usually have a ground hookup. Might not be exactly what you're looking for, though.

I'm not aware of any consumer grade USB hub or charger that would come with extra grounding.

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #83,342 of 150,788
A little off-topic, but it involves my Schiit-rig, so I'll try here..

I'm looking for a good multi-port GROUNDED usb charger. I currently have an Anker and, like most usb charging hubs, it is not grounded. The result is..

1. I get a slight tingling feeling when I touch my laptop. This is normal, apparently, but feels weird.
2. I get a clear hum in my headphones when I touch my laptop. (Intolerable!)

Replacing the Anker charger with a grounded one should solve both of these issues, but I can't find a clear recommendation on one anywhere. They also seem quite rare, with most being combo USB chargers / AC-Outlet extenders..

Anyone have a good grounded USB charger recommendation (US outlet)?
I can't answer your question nor tell you if your solution will solve your problems, but I can tell you that it is absolutely not normal to get any sort of electrical shock or "tingle" from your laptop. You need to get that issue checked out by someone physically.

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #83,344 of 150,788
I can't answer your question nor tell you if your solution will solve your problems, but I can tell you that it is absolutely not normal to get any sort of electrical shock or "tingle" from your laptop. You need to get that issue checked out by someone physically.
Seems like it's pretty common with Macbook's, actually..

http://enclydion.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-laptop-bit-me-shocking-truth.html

Agree with you it's not good, which is why I'm looking for a grounded solution. :)

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #83,345 of 150,788
Oct 25, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #83,346 of 150,788
You're not a Mac user? Mac laptops are famous for not being properly grounded.

Edit: ninja'd

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #83,347 of 150,788
You're not a Mac user? Mac laptops are famous for not being properly grounded.

Edit: ninja'd
I use iPhones and iPads but have not owned a Mac for a couple decades now.

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #83,348 of 150,788
Oct 25, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #83,350 of 150,788
Timothy Chalamet does look like he eats nothing but vegan nachos. No way do I believe him as a fighter - no matter how much spiritual or physical training he's had.

This Dune was definitely a set up for a sequel if ever there was one - a sequel not even green lit by the studio yet so it likely will not see a screen for at least two years. I hope none of the returning principals die before filming can occur.
My biggest complaint with this movie is purely the “Part 1” with no guarantee for a part 2. Honestly, I don’t think they should bother. With filming not even scheduled, it’ll be many years before it is released. By then, I will not care. This really didn’t sit well with me. They should have scraped this whole thing or just sold it to a streamer re-packaged as a mini-series. Does anyone know how to get a copy of that damn mini series?! I forgot about it until you all brought it up and I am trying to find a copy. I will have to see if my 4k player can take various regions too.

I think the Director took a different approach with Paul Atreides and it didn’t work well. Chalamet is a good actor but wasn’t able to sell the part. However, I did find the last half of the movie to be a better performance than the beginning for him.

Oct 25, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #83,351 of 150,788
Ya gotta celebrate Christmas at least, for the presents...! :drum::football::soccer::headphones::tennis::video_game: :grinning:
Nope. But the advantage of being a heathen is we have presents year-round if we want them. :)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #83,352 of 150,788
My biggest complaint with this movie is purely the “Part 1” with no guarantee for a part 2. Honestly, I don’t think they should bother. With filming not even scheduled, it’ll be many years before it is released. By then, I will not care. This really didn’t sit well with me. They should have scraped this whole thing or just sold it to a streamer re-packaged as a mini-series. Does anyone know how to get a copy of that damn mini series?! I forgot about it until you all brought it up and I am trying to find a copy. I will have to see if my 4k player can take various regions too.

I think the Director took a different approach with Paul Atreides and it didn’t work well. Chalamet is a good actor but wasn’t able to sell the part. However, I did find the last half of the movie to be a better performance than the beginning for him.

I really wanted to like this version of Dune. But, I didn't. It's pretty sad, the only good thing about it, was the ornithopters! Plus, I felt like I was watching a Dune '84 remake, than a new film based on the book. :slight_frown:

Oct 25, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #83,354 of 150,788
Oct 25, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #83,355 of 150,788
Are you also a fan of The Dark Crystal or The Never-ending Story? :wink:
I know nothing of Dark Crystal. NES lost me at the flying dog-thing. 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back