Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 25, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #82,321 of 151,179
Interesting! I wonder if the TT means the same thing in Audi TT as well? I mean, Audi being a German car manufacturer and all.. :thinking:
Nope. Named after the Tourist Trophy (races on the Isle of Man)

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #82,322 of 151,179
Audi TT = Audi "super sluggish"? :o2smile:
I'm sure Audi doesn't think of their two door coupe that way...

I'm afraid that I only speak Norwegian and not Icelandic, which is the closest living language to Old Norse. And you're right, in Norwegian it would be pronounced Beef-rost. Having said that, I usually refer to it as the Buy-frost. Too much time living on this side of the pond...
If proper pronunciation is beef-rost (which I choose to believe would be beef-ROHst), then Norwegians must be Texan at heart.

I have always thought of it as the Bee-frost rather than Beef-rost or Buy-frost myself..
I love these names, there’re so many possibilities. I always liked the Asgard (ass-guard) myself, and when I realised it, PYST (pissed) :ksc75smile:
My son and I had a good laugh when we read what the Schiit-approved "translation" of the PYST acronym is.

If i should guess. Bi-frost
Edit: from wikipedia:

«biv-råst»
"bi-frost".

Spelled wrong. Correct: åsgard.
Not ass at all
I have to admit, I split the syllables in a quite American way, too: bi-frost, rather than bif-rost. As such, I've been calling my DAC Buy-frost as well.

With the correct spelling, would Asgard be properly pronounced "az-gard" (that nasal-sounding A from Queens) or "ahz-gard"?

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #82,323 of 151,179
Gungnir is on its way back with more bits and better USB.

The folks at Schiit CA are a bunch of teases. They sent a very nice e-mail telling me my gear is being shipped, but it hasn't shipped. FedEx says so. :)

I'm sure it will be here by Wednesday next week.
FedEx says Monday now, yay!

Sep 25, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #82,324 of 151,179
I'm still 2-4 weeks away from my Gumby + Freya S + Vidar delivery. Looking forward to it!

Sep 25, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #82,329 of 151,179
I'm sure Audi doesn't think of their two door coupe that way...

If proper pronunciation is beef-rost (which I choose to believe would be beef-ROHst), then Norwegians must be Texan at heart.

My son and I had a good laugh when we read what the Schiit-approved "translation" of the PYST acronym is.

I have to admit, I split the syllables in a quite American way, too: bi-frost, rather than bif-rost. As such, I've been calling my DAC Buy-frost as well.

With the correct spelling, would Asgard be properly pronounced "az-gard" (that nasal-sounding A from Queens) or "ahz-gard"?
Åsgard:

Sep 25, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #82,330 of 151,179
Audi TT = VW Bug on steroids.
Drove an ‘01 for 13 years. Much fun was had… Not overpowered with factory-provided 225HP, but with some mods, it was a blast.

Sep 26, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #82,331 of 151,179
People keep saying ZMFs like tubes
Oh yes they do! Best amp I've used with ZMF headphones (VC, VO, Auteur) is the Eddie Current Aficionado, a vintage SET 2A3 amp that I was able to find used twice (for two different locations). Verité and Auteur are relatively easy to drive, so there are quite a few tube amps that could pair well with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back