Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #78,541 of 150,496
Try a GE 5998A and give it a fair audition.
What Sam said, chicken. You are afraid you will fall in love with it and lose your ability to bad mouth GE. :ksc75smile:

Oh yeah, I am not going to send you one, buy your own!! :L3000:

Jun 20, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #78,543 of 150,496
My favorite, non-martini, thirst quencher.
1624200358553.png 1624200669432.png
In 2000 my golf buddy and I spent 2 weeks in Scotland at courses from Turnberry to Royal Dornach.
Drank every top shelf scotch they had at the 10 courses we played at.
Many, like Turnberry, had scotch and cigar lounges attached to the hotels / restaurants.
Wait staff would take your dinner order in the lounges and come back and take you to the dining room when the food was ready to serve.
I ate lamb almost everyday for dinner (and smoked salmon for breakfast), The lamb was spectacular and very silent.
When I got home and the fog lifted I realized I was more an Irish Whiskey kinda guy!

I am going to have to give the Bushmills a try, I am impressed by what I just read about it. :L3000:

Jun 20, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #78,545 of 150,496
What Sam said, chicken. You are afraid you will fall in love with it and lose your ability to bad mouth GE. :ksc75smile:

Oh yeah, I am not going to send you one, buy your own!! :L3000:
If I put a GE in the tube stash, all my other tubes would revolt and either get instant vacuum leaks or 'roll' away to a better place. :smile:

I did *almost* buy one though...there's one on Ebay labeled as Motorola. Then I saw who the seller was, so a no-go on that one...

Jun 20, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #78,546 of 150,496
You are moving up in the world though, the lines on the blue car in your driveway resemble a 1979 Ford Fairmont, your AMC Pacer must be up on blocks in the back. :ksc75smile:
The Pacer is in the shop getting its 17th new engine. It has almost 150k miles on it though, so par for the course. :smile:

Jun 20, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #78,547 of 150,496
If I put a GE in the tube stash, all my other tubes would revolt and either get instant vacuum leaks or 'roll' away to a better place. :smile:

I did *almost* buy one though...there's one on Ebay labeled as Motorola. Then I saw who the seller was, so a no-go on that one...
Less than $50 on ebay, and the seller puts cookies and apple sauce in the package.

Jun 20, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #78,548 of 150,496

I caught a bargain on one but otherwise the going rate was around $47 each for NOS but I have not looked in a while. The seller who had a bunch was honest and honorable as best I could tell. He treated FLTWS well on a couple he bought.

Jun 20, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #78,549 of 150,496
Hey man, where'd you get that photo from! I asked @Ripper2860 not to share that. Im doing the best I can!
@Ripper2860 said this was your house. He's confused again. :sweat:

1624206655031.png

Jun 20, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #78,550 of 150,496
I caught a bargain on one but otherwise the going rate was around $47 each for NOS but I have not looked in a while. The seller who had a bunch was honest and honorable as best I could tell. He treated FLTWS well on a couple he bought.
That seller with the GE-labeled GE's still has some. I suppose I could wipe off the silkscreening, but nothing I can do about the etched dots. :smile:

Jun 20, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #78,551 of 150,496
If a certain Oompah Loompah doctor gets wind of this thread I fear he will have a great many of you declared "Tubeeoid Addicts" and get another certain sleepy individual to issue an executive order to have a "Tubeeiod Crisis" declared as the newest national facemask farce. For those that feel I am politicizing the thread I say, nope.

It's called humor. Biting, cutting edge (kinda sorta) humor. Or if you are Canadian, "humour". But I suspect most folk that feel that way instead of think have me on "IGNORE".

By the way...I LIKE Canada! I want to go to Nova Scotia one day and have a look around. I understand it to be quite beautiful.

"Schiit ReachAround"...I do think that is funny too. Until the next time...

We now return control of your thread to you. Until next week, at the same time, when the control voice will take you to... The Flouter Limits.

Sorry... I could not think of a better ending than that. Kinda fuzzy headed from watching Part 1 and 2 of "47 Ronin" yesterday. Today is Bossa Nova day! For me, that is!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back