Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 16, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #75,197 of 151,309
Visited my local small audio shop to buy speaker stands for my LS50s. We talked all things audio for awhile, and I mentioned I might be interested in bigger speakers in the future. The dealer showed me a pair of Dali Opticon 8s he had in back room, and I listened to them for an hour or so.

Girlfriend was a bit puzzled when I came home empty handed. New speakers are coming in tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I know the feeling well. Welcome to the machine

:beerchug:
JC

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #75,198 of 151,309
Awesome and thank you. I’ve only had new haven style clam pizza but those are out of the shell, Very good. I’m not a big fan of other seafood on pizza. I make traditional Neapolitan pizza at with my Ooni oven no whole clams though 😄, I love it.
In Chiang Mai, Thailand, after weeks of curry, rice, and noodles, we went to a pizza shop. The tomato-based sauce was closer to cocktail sauce than marinara, and it had shrimp! Topped with cilantro, it was very tasty.

Lots of expats in Thailand, so we also went to a British-themed fish and chips place on Koh Samui. What was notable to me, was that instead of cod, the fish was barracuda!

Also on Koh Samui, one of our favorite meals came from a German bakery. A loaf of heavy, crusty, dark German bread, muenster cheese, and bottles of cold singha beer, consumed on the beach.

Apr 16, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #75,201 of 151,309
Hmm with MJ2 getting dropped, Freya+ and Urd in the new chassis style it’s only Gungnir on the older style. Hopefully it sees an update one day!

Apr 16, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #75,204 of 151,309
I received an email from Qobuz announcing this news and thought of you @Zojokkeli :beyersmile:
Hope you enjoy it!
I gave Qobuz a try quite a while ago. It was better than Tidal sonically, but the user interface was absolutely awful. If they're made some strides there it may be worth another try.

Apr 16, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #75,207 of 151,309
Drobo are one of the few external storage systems I had real (lost data) issues with. Always wanted to like them, but in the end it went. I was a RadyNAS supporter until Netgear bought them. I went FreeNAS on big Dell Servers for a while. Now happy (well, I will be when I work out how to map their shares into a Docker container) with QNAP very affordable systems, regular updates and a very good OS.
Drobo pretty much REQUIRES an UPS. It constantly moving data around and does not like random power loss

Apr 16, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #75,208 of 151,309
I gave Qobuz a try quite a while ago. It was better than Tidal sonically, but the user interface was absolutely awful. If they're made some strides there it may be worth another try.
It has been steadily improving over time. I have both Qobuz and Tidal, and I wouldn't say that Qobuz user interface is any worse than Tidal (they are both kinda bad).

Apr 16, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #75,209 of 151,309
Take a look at the Amazon HD interface and you'll more fully appreciate the Qobuz and Tidal interface. 😄

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #75,210 of 151,309
Take a look at the Amazon HD interface and you'll more fully appreciate the Qobuz and Tidal interface. 😄

Amazon HD and Tidal interface seem very similar to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back