Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 1, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #74,553 of 150,786
Well, that's one of the biggest issues. If you look at the headphone measurements for example, they're not repeatable at all. Some cans he likes, he'll fiddle with until he gets a reading that looks good. If it's a pair he doesn't like (usually the more expensive ones), he'll throw it on willy nilly, and report the worst measurement he got. It's not, science, it's not repeatable, it's a scam perpetrated to advance a very specific ideology (and support of the companies that pay him).

The speaker measurements he does are fine but they lack so much. How do you know how it images and stages without listening to it? Where are the measurements for cabinet resonances?
He could do a better job telling people in each article what these things mean. Many people who read his forums are confused about things Amir says and doesn't say. You can say something Amir says, but they'll disagree with it until you tell them Amir says it. Then all of a sudden they agree with you.

It's got all the signs of a cult.

On the other hand, we have a damn sine wave controlling our discussions, so who says we're not?

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #74,555 of 150,786
@Jason Stoddard >>>>> How we fool ourselves <<<<<<

Today, I received a preamp from a competitor. I view this company as I view Schiit Audio. High value for dollar spent. Out of my system came the latest Modi & Mani. In went Brand X all in one with remote. My wife, who wears a cochlear implant could hear the difference ...... and it wasn't good. This latest purchase will be returned. Schiit Modi & Mani will be reinstalled. Jason, Thank you and your associates for all you do!!!

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #74,556 of 150,786
@Jason Stoddard >>>>> How we fool ourselves <<<<<<

Today, I received a preamp from a competitor. I view this company as I view Schiit Audio. High value for dollar spent. Out of my system came the latest Modi & Mani. In went Brand X all in one with remote. My wife, who wears a cochlear implant could hear the difference ...... and it wasn't good. This latest purchase will be returned. Schiit Modi & Mani will be reinstalled. Jason, Thank you and your associates for all you do!!!

I can feel the emotivation you had to make this post.

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #74,557 of 150,786
Am I the only one who noticed the sudden jump in share price for Argle Bargle Consolidated?

ABC.JPG

I'm glad I placed a market buy order on Mar 31. 15% jump...

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #74,558 of 150,786
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2021-04/01

Washington D.C., April Fools Day
The Securities and Exchange Commission today filed insider trading charges against two company owners whom illegally tipped with confidential information in advance of Argle Bargle Consolidated quarterly performance announcements in exchange for all-expense paid dining, including various BBQ.

The SEC’s complaint, filed in federal court in Manhattan, alleges that Jason Stoddard, formerly an engineer at Sumo and currently an owner of Schiit Audio and his close friend Mike Moffat engaged in a scheme to trade in advance of Argle Bargle's release of confidential revenue information. In exchange for extravagant gifts, Stoddard allegedly tipped via repeated posts on Head-Fi.org, in advance of four Argle Bargle financial performance announcements from April 2020 to March 2021. Based on those tips of inside information, Stoddard allegedly purchased Argle Bargle securities using accounts held by business associates and acquaintances to conceal his involvement. According to the SEC’s complaint, Stoddard personally realized approximately 4 rounds of micro brews and BBQ from the illicit trading and tipped at least four other friends and business associates who enjoyed additional rounds.

“We used some of our latest advanced software, solving the "divide by zero problem", running on seriously over powered PIC32 processors to analyze trading data, as well as traditional investigative techniques, to piece together and expose the betrayal of trust alleged in our complaint. We allege that Stoddard had an obligation to keep his culinary tastes confidential until announced to our markets, yet he repeatedly tipped Argle Bargle and allowed them to take advantage of his position in return for said favors,” said Dewey Cheatum, Associate Director of the SEC’s Philadelphia Regional Office.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #74,559 of 150,786
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2021-04/01

Washington D.C., April Fools Day
The Securities and Exchange Commission today filed insider trading charges against two company owners whom illegally tipped with confidential information in advance of company’s quarterly performance announcements in exchange for all-expense paid travel and other expensive gifts, including various BBQ. The alleged insider trading scheme generated profits of more than $6.2 million and was uncovered by the SEC through analysis and technology that it uses to detect suspicious trading activity.

The SEC’s complaint, filed in federal court in Manhattan, alleges that Jason Stoddard, formerly an engineer at Sumo and currently an owner of Schiit Audio and his close friend Mike Moffat engaged in a scheme to trade in advance of Argle Bargle's release of confidential revenue information. In exchange for extravagant gifts, Stodaard allegedly tipped Head-Fi.org in advance of four quarterly Argle Bargle financial performance announcements from April 2020 to July 2020. Based on those tips of inside information, Stoddard allegedly purchased Argle Bargle securities using accounts held by business associates and acquaintances to conceal his involvement. According to the SEC’s complaint, Stoddard personally realized approximately 4 rounds of micro brews and BBQ from the illicit trading and tipped at least four other friends and business associates who enjoyed additional rounds.

“We used some of our latest advanced software to analyze trading data, as well as traditional investigative techniques, to piece together and expose the betrayal of trust alleged in our complaint. We allege that Stoddard had an obligation to keep his company’s information confidential until announced to our markets, yet he repeatedly tipped Argle Bargle and allowed them to take advantage of her position in return for said favors,” said Dewey Cheatum, Associate Director of the SEC’s Philadelphia Regional Office.
Is Howe the Director so you talk about Cheatum and Howe in Philly?

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #74,561 of 150,786
I'm pondering about starting my own religion.
My Father-in-Law created his own religion in the 80’s centered around Wine. He created all the doctrine, “Gods”, rules, and practices. He had a small group of followers (friends) who would purchase wine as a part of “practicing” their religion. After 10+ years the IRS gave him a call... The Agent literally told him to knock it off or they would begin investigating him and the “religion.” He gave it up but at that point had amassed an amazing collection of Bordeaux. Luckily he and I shared a deep love of wine and shared all the greats together! I still have two Chateau Mouton Rothchilds Magnums from the 60s plus some Lafite’s and my personal favorite, the Chateau D’Yquem.

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #74,562 of 150,786
Apr 1, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #74,563 of 150,786
Hot damn this thread is long, great read though, very amusing.
I tried reading back a while and searching, but I don't think this has been asked before:

I ordered a Hel 2 last week, and I am wondering why it hasn't been shipped yet.... /s :)

No, the real question is: I live in europe, so the wall wart is not going to work. Can I just use a phone charger? I have several with 2.0A (so not the 2.1 schiit delivers). Now I am no believer in the snakeoil extra expensive lineair stuff, but I am also unsure if those cheap chargers could be bad with noise etc (I simply don't have the knowledge there honestly). I could also use a travel adapter, but I am unsure if the 230/110V is going to be a problem. I am also fine with buying a seperate adapter, but unsure which one. I don't think schiit has EU wall-usb adapters (at least I couldn't find them).

Looking forward to try my first schiit. Comming from a mixamp / fiio E18 this must be a pretty hefty upgrade :D

Thanks!
Wart should work just fine with an adapter. All of those (no doubt there’s an exception somewhere making me a liar) are 100ish to 240V compatible...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back