Apr 1, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #74,506 of 150,480
NSFW! This song sums it up pretty well though:grin:

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #74,507 of 150,480

Attachments

• amonaco222.jpg
    amonaco222.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 1, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #74,508 of 150,480
Hating on / mocking one or the other side of the objectivist-subjectivist spectrum is something I find to be very detrimental. It serves no purpose other than feeling a sense of superiority. Do what you enjoy and let people enjoy what they want to do. There is no need to bash people for having a different view from your own.

There may be opinions you find to be stupid or nonsense. That's fine, because humans can be quite stupid at an astonishing frequency. That does not mean however, that there is any great merit in putting the opinion of others down. You can disagree with opinions without being snarky about it. Chances are that you yourself (like any other human being) are being stupid at a much higher frequency and magnitude than you are aware of. Faulting a human for being human is far from anything I deem reasonable (ironic considering my post, I know).

People having different opinions is not a bad thing. Differences in opinions are a big part of how we learn and grow.
My issue with the ASR website is their dogmatism toward not allowing an ounce of subjectivism to bleed into the conversation. I'm a hypocrite in that I'm dogmatic in my dislike of dogmatism...sort of the 'the only absolute is there are no absolutes' problem.

Measurements serve as an excellent baseline or standard, but they fail as a judge of sound due to the fact that everyone hears differently. As Schitt noted, if your nightly routine consists of sitting down to listen with a big ole' hazy IPA next to you...life itself becomes more subjective.

But you are right that it is the spirit of the discussion that is important. Being gracious and understanding to those who think differently is important and it makes life more fun and easygoing. And in that respect, I appreciate your comment and you are spot-on with what you said :)

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #74,510 of 150,480
Thanks for the multiple replies. I already emailed shiit, but I did so on the other email adres last week (orders@schiit I believe?). Thought they were too busy to reply so just wanted to ask here. Will sent another email to info@schiit.com, just to be sure :)

Thnx again, looking forward to it.
A 2A charger will be fine. Hel 2 peaks out at about 1.7A from the charger, so anything above that won't affect power output.

Edit: That's also why it doesn't work from a computer USB port. Good luck getting 1.7A out of that!

Edit to the edit: and the charger we ship is universal voltage, so if a plug adapter is available, it can be run on 220-240V just fine.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 1, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #74,511 of 150,480
You mean at 36.40?
No. I meant to say (as in the last chapter too) we all try to justify our purchases (past or future). And we all gather different arguments and/or prioritize them differently for justification.

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #74,512 of 150,480
The post was on point. Read Amir's reviews. Little attention is given to listening tests. One, he said the amp sounded bassy, but nothing in the measurements pointed to that, and he didn't try to explain it. He adds a few sentences saying he plays them full blast and hears the amplifier distort at xyz db.

I have no idea why he believes that information is useful to anybody.
I find it useful to read/hear many different views and opinions. I guess I am not the only one.

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #74,514 of 150,480
Got my Schiit all boxed up and ready to go. Tomorrow we move to our new house. Elma is pretty confused with all the boxes everywhere.

A9E1B47A-897E-48BC-B768-02D88F9F79F1.jpeg
Good luck with your move @Zojokkeli
I am also boxing things up, in preparation for an intended house move in the next few weeks, but the audio gear will be amongst the last items to be packed :beyersmile:

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #74,517 of 150,480
Hilarious. I was seriously impressed with how straight-faced he was able to deliver that. Who knows, Darko may have a second career as the straight man in a comedy duo.
What about his previous reviews?! Same straight face !? :ksc75smile:

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #74,518 of 150,480
Good luck with your move @Zojokkeli
I am also boxing things up, in preparation for an intended house move in the next few weeks, but the audio gear will be amongst the last items to be packed :beyersmile:

In university I moved a lot, as most students do. I got my packing/moving routine down to being able to pack the stereo last and unpack it first. Music was important for moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back