Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 30, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #74,341 of 150,898
An open letter to Schiit
@Jason Stoddard

Dear Schiit,

Covid has been raging on for over a year now. That excuse is not as strong as you think now. Next thing you'll blame the schiit container ship that was stuck in the Suez for this. Chip shortages are primarily on gpus and more computer oriented products. Even drop, which primarily focuses on mass orders that ships after its manufactured, shipped earlier than expected. I ordered from them around late February with a similar type of product. Covid is a "schiit" excuse now...I don't want an assumption on inventory (There's a famous saying that I won't repeat about assuming). I want a solid date of when it will be shipped, not a back ordered date that keeps changing every couple of weeks. First time is okay, I get that. 2nd Time, okay a bit frustrating but schiit happens... 3rd time you're making an a** out of me. 80 + days is not acceptable for lead times. That's almost a full quarter. I've seen products become end of life faster than you guys are shipping schiit out.

If you cannot find where to get stuff manufactured, then get a new manufacturer or start manufacturing in house. If it's a management issue, then obviously someone has to take credit for this major stain that's been left on the shipping department rather than blaming covid. Ive read somewhere that 95% of the manufacturing industries are back to normal operation. I'm not blaming the shipping department for this obvious schiit show, but somebody does need to get their schiit together. This is an open letter to the higher ups at schiit.

P.S. Canceling is not an option. I want my schiit..

And you're basing your assumptions on what information?

"P.S. Canceling is not an option. I want my schiit.." Or you could go out and buy gear from another company. I hear "good things" about Topping products. Perhaps they're more to your taste.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #74,342 of 150,898
Wow. That seems pretty harsh.
If you don’t like a company’s turnaround time, COVID or not, then go buy another product from a better company. You’re not entitled to demand they manufacture or ship faster.
Doesn’t anyone remember pre-Amazon, maybe just 15 years ago when 6-8 weeks shipping was the norm? We are light years better than that now and yet complaints continue.
Maybe I just don’t understand.
No you do understand. People get so impatient as everything else gets better and faster -(mostly in terms of shipping here.) And that they often forget what's actually going on and that you are NOT the target of the problems here.

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #74,343 of 150,898
Wow. That seems pretty harsh.
If you don’t like a company’s turnaround time, COVID or not, then go buy another product from a better company. You’re not entitled to demand they manufacture or ship faster.
Doesn’t anyone remember pre-Amazon, maybe just 15 years ago when 6-8 weeks shipping was the norm? We are light years better than that now and yet complaints continue.
Maybe I just don’t understand.

IIRC Mike Moffat when he was running his companies would occasionally reply to a customer that he would happily refund them provided they would never buy anything from him again. I feel that should still be an option today.

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #74,344 of 150,898
An open letter to Schiit
@Jason Stoddard

Dear Schiit,

Covid has been raging on for over a year now. That excuse is not as strong as you think now. Next thing you'll blame the schiit container ship that was stuck in the Suez for this. Chip shortages are primarily on gpus and more computer oriented products. Even drop, which primarily focuses on mass orders that ships after its manufactured, shipped earlier than expected. I ordered from them around late February with a similar type of product. Covid is a "schiit" excuse now...I don't want an assumption on inventory (There's a famous saying that I won't repeat about assuming). I want a solid date of when it will be shipped, not a back ordered date that keeps changing every couple of weeks. First time is okay, I get that. 2nd Time, okay a bit frustrating but schiit happens... 3rd time you're making an a** out of me. 80 + days is not acceptable for lead times. That's almost a full quarter. I've seen products become end of life faster than you guys are shipping schiit out.

If you cannot find where to get stuff manufactured, then get a new manufacturer or start manufacturing in house. If it's a management issue, then obviously someone has to take credit for this major stain that's been left on the shipping department rather than blaming covid. Ive read somewhere that 95% of the manufacturing industries are back to normal operation. I'm not blaming the shipping department for this obvious schiit show, but somebody does need to get their schiit together. This is an open letter to the higher ups at schiit.

Another long drawn out post that should have been an e-mail... There are MANY components that have been delayed because of Covid, not just GPU's and asking for a solid date is not going to get you an answer you want to hear.

Patience grasshopper, info@schiit.com is your friend, use it...

EDIT: I am not employed by Schiit and am not speaking for them...

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #74,345 of 150,898
No you do understand. People get so impatient as everything else gets better and faster -(mostly in terms of shipping here.) And that they often forget what's actually going on and that you are NOT the target of the problems here.

One major problem with COVID I see is that for every step we make forward, we seem to make two steps backward.

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #74,346 of 150,898
IIRC Mike Moffat when he was running his companies would occasionally reply to a customer that he would happily refund them provided they would never buy anything from him again. I feel that should still be an option today.
It is. It always has been. It always must be.

When consulting I've always had a mantra "The customer is always right: Not everybody should be your customer." After wine I'm know to opine about the worst customer I fired. Total refund, even though I spent five hours fixing issues, along with the message to find someone more appropriate for their needs.

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #74,347 of 150,898
One major problem with COVID I see is that for every step we make forward, we seem to make two steps backward.
Just this morning I got word that a critical supplier on a major installation project here in Phoenix had all of their field techs ordered to home quarantine because one of their supervisors is suddenly in the hospital with Covid. Now all my other subs are doing the contact-tracing dance to see if anyone else had contact with this person. AND my project schedule is suddenly pushed out 2 weeks or so. Covid is no joke.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #74,349 of 150,898

It is. It always has been. It always must be.

When consulting I've always had a mantra "The customer is always right: Not everybody should be your customer." After wine I'm know to opine about the worst customer I fired. Total refund, even though I spent five hours fixing issues, along with the message to find someone more appropriate for their needs.

Not talking about anyone here, however there are VERY few things quite as satisfying as firing an ungrateful and entitled customer...

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #74,350 of 150,898
Not talking about anyone here, however there are VERY few things quite as satisfying as firing an ungrateful and entitled customer...
I've done it previously in my career. It was something we would do very infrequently, but when we did, it was very satisfying indeed.

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #74,351 of 150,898
Man it's alright dude, you don't know what's fully going on behind the scenes. They understand what's going on and are feeling this the most out of any of us. You just gotta be patient and have to understand that there's so many other factors in this other than just Schiit.

Another long drawn out post that should have been an e-mail... There are MANY components that have been delayed because of Covid, not just GPU's and asking for a solid date is not going to get you an answer you want to hear.

Patience grasshopper, info@schiit.com is your friend, use it...

EDIT: I am not employed by Schiit and am not speaking for them...

I dont mind being the bad guy. The problem with the situation is, nobody can provide me with a solid date of when something is actually going to ship. I had to move already once due to covid crap. I already missed the original window for what I needed it for, but would still love the product. I love schiit products, but at some point you get 3 delays spanning 60 days, and you see another 22 day delay without a actual shipping date, you kinda lose hope in the company. If you cannot provide the product, do not sell it. Its like gpus, no backorder, no sale. I spoke with multiple people on there, and not one was able to provide me with a solid date. Just an apology and thats it. Its not their fault, its a trickle crap down economy like all businesses. They cannot provide me with an answer, so I go up the schiit fountain until some form of a real answer is given.

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #74,352 of 150,898
I dont mind being the bad guy. The problem with the situation is, nobody can provide me with a solid date of when something is actually going to ship. I had to move already once due to covid crap. I already missed the original window for what I needed it for, but would still love the product. I love schiit products, but at some point you get 3 delays spanning 60 days, and you see another 22 day delay without a actual shipping date, you kinda lose hope in the company. If you cannot provide the product, do not sell it. Its like gpus, no backorder, no sale. I spoke with multiple people on there, and not one was able to provide me with a solid date. Just an apology and thats it. Its not their fault, its a trickle crap down economy like all businesses. They cannot provide me with an answer, so I go up the schiit fountain until some form of a real answer is given.
Has it not occurred to you that the reason for no hard date is they don't know either? You may be a sincere person thinking you are doing the right thing, but when someone joins a forum and has two posts both slamming the sponsor of the thread, I cannot help but dismiss you out of hand. Ask them. Don't whine on the forum.

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #74,353 of 150,898
So, answer me this. Theoretically you own a company named S and you purchase components from company D who in turn purchases those components via company A, B, C, E, F, G, H, I, and J all of which have lead times that have been constantly sliding because they are waiting on components from companies K, L, M, and N. I call up asking why my widget that uses all those components hasn't been shipped to me yet and DEMAND an SOLID date for when I am going to get my product, what are you going to tell me?

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #74,354 of 150,898
An open letter to Schiit
@Jason Stoddard

Dear Schiit,

You forgot the:

/s

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #74,355 of 150,898
Has it not occurred to you that the reason for no hard date is they don't know either? You may be a sincere person thinking you are doing the right thing, but when someone joins a forum and has two posts both slamming the sponsor of the thread, I cannot help but dismiss you out of hand. Ask them. Don't whine on the forum.
As you can clearly read. I did and Im not blaming them, Im going up the schiit fountain. Your anger is obviously preventing you from reading and comprehending a statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back