Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 29, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #74,313 of 149,129
The Hel2 still doesn't support single connector headsets with a 4-pole 3.5mm connector? That was the one thing keeping me from buying the original Hel.
Schiit offers a TRRS adapter kit that splits the signal into separate mic & earpiece sections. (+1 @jcflox)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #74,314 of 149,129
It has a long and varied history - Code Duello.
Interesting, Code Duello.

I'm currently reading Ron Chernow's Grant.

SC Rep. Preston Brooks intended to challenge MA Sen. Charles Sumner to a duel, for the latter's derogatory speech on the Senate floor concerning Brooks cousin SC Sen. Andrew Butler. Counseled by a fellow SC Rep. that Sumner wasn't a "Gentleman", and only "Gentlemen" were allowed to duel precipitated Brooks savage canning attack on the Senate floor of Sumner.

Interesting read.

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #74,315 of 149,129
Interesting, Code Duello.

I'm currently reading Ron Chernow's Grant.

SC Rep. Preston Brooks intended to challenge MA Sen. Charles Sumner to a duel, for the latter's derogatory speech on the Senate floor concerning Brooks cousin SC Sen. Andrew Butler. Counseled by a fellow SC Rep. that Sumner wasn't a "Gentleman", and only "Gentlemen" were allowed to duel precipitated Brooks savage canning attack on the Senate floor of Sumner.

Interesting read.

A savage canning attack? Sounds painful!

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #74,316 of 149,129
Mar 30, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #74,318 of 149,129
So this is a rant for anyone planning on going to the Schiitr thinking they'll get anything out of it.
So on the 20th of this month I made the decision to go to the Schiitr. It was around a 2 hour drive. I was hyped up to go listen to equipment I wouldn't spend money on, to meet people and to see what I liked, and to buy it. Now, apparently the store keeps limited stock of the items at the store, which is fine because I already knew this and would've bought the item online anyways after going home. So I was listening to the equipment and settled on the Jotunheim. I went to the cashier and he said he had a Jotunheim in stock. So I bought it for $400. The box was labeled Jotunheim - No Dac. The Receipt was labeled Jotunheim - No Dac. Excited to get home, make an unboxing video and play around with it.

I opened it up, plugged it in and it WORKED! Yeah....not a big surprise. But I was looking at the website later that night and noticed how the Jotunheim on the website had 3 switches when mine had 2 on the front. I had received a closeout item but paid full price for it. No disclosure, the cashier didn't know and I didn't know that I got the Jotunheim (1) instead of the Jotunheim (2.) At the store. So I had to call the up the store the next day because it was past 6 that night.

I called the store and told them what happened and the cashier said that he'd pull all the items off the shelf that are labeled Jotunheim in fear that they're all like mine and that hed sent them back to the manufacturer. He also said that he'd make changes to the order and that I could come back the next week from Thursday to pick up the actual item I purchased. I decided since I was going back to the Schiitr that I might as well order something else because why not... So I decided to order the Bifrost 2 as well. Giving them more money might be an extra incentive to focus more on fixing the issue at hand... I told myself, but no. So I enjoyed the Jotunheim (1) for a week until I went back on Sunday to return the item. There was a 15 day return window I had to meet and Easter weekend next week is going to be a fiasco.

So I did call the cashier Thursday (25th) to see if he had the items delivered and he said that he got no stock but only online orders to be picked up in the store by other online customers. Keep in mind I have a 15 day window. And he tells me that I could email support to try to get this fixed or order the items online to have them delivered to the store. But that would mean waiting another week, having to go back to the store for a third time and buying another Jotunheim before the refund would hit the bank. So I just settled on refunding the item on Sunday and trying to email support.

I emailed support with a full story like this one and they said;
"I’m sorry to hear what happened. I’m very sorry but Jotunheims are not immediately available. New orders are averaging about 10 days to be ready before shipping. I’m sorry for the inconvenience but a new order would need to be made through the website for the Jotunheim 2, since a full refund has already been issued."

So basically they don't care that I spent almost 8 hours traveling back and forth to their store over a simple issue. They don't care about the store, the people traveling far to buy products. All they care about right now is the Online customer. I even tried asking them if they'd offer free shipping from the inconvenience but they said no... So I personally won't be buying any Schiit products in the future and I figured I would inform anyone trying to go the store.

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #74,322 of 149,129
So this is a rant for anyone planning on going to the Schiitr thinking they'll get anything out of it.
So on the 20th of this month I made the decision to go to the Schiitr. It was around a 2 hour drive. I was hyped up to go listen to equipment I wouldn't spend money on, to meet people and to see what I liked, and to buy it. Now, apparently the store keeps limited stock of the items at the store, which is fine because I already knew this and would've bought the item online anyways after going home. So I was listening to the equipment and settled on the Jotunheim. I went to the cashier and he said he had a Jotunheim in stock. So I bought it for $400. The box was labeled Jotunheim - No Dac. The Receipt was labeled Jotunheim - No Dac. Excited to get home, make an unboxing video and play around with it.

I opened it up, plugged it in and it WORKED! Yeah....not a big surprise. But I was looking at the website later that night and noticed how the Jotunheim on the website had 3 switches when mine had 2 on the front. I had received a closeout item but paid full price for it. No disclosure, the cashier didn't know and I didn't know that I got the Jotunheim (1) instead of the Jotunheim (2.) At the store. So I had to call the up the store the next day because it was past 6 that night.

I called the store and told them what happened and the cashier said that he'd pull all the items off the shelf that are labeled Jotunheim in fear that they're all like mine and that hed sent them back to the manufacturer. He also said that he'd make changes to the order and that I could come back the next week from Thursday to pick up the actual item I purchased. I decided since I was going back to the Schiitr that I might as well order something else because why not... So I decided to order the Bifrost 2 as well. Giving them more money might be an extra incentive to focus more on fixing the issue at hand... I told myself, but no. So I enjoyed the Jotunheim (1) for a week until I went back on Sunday to return the item. There was a 15 day return window I had to meet and Easter weekend next week is going to be a fiasco.

So I did call the cashier Thursday (25th) to see if he had the items delivered and he said that he got no stock but only online orders to be picked up in the store by other online customers. Keep in mind I have a 15 day window. And he tells me that I could email support to try to get this fixed or order the items online to have them delivered to the store. But that would mean waiting another week, having to go back to the store for a third time and buying another Jotunheim before the refund would hit the bank. So I just settled on refunding the item on Sunday and trying to email support.

I emailed support with a full story like this one and they said;
"I’m sorry to hear what happened. I’m very sorry but Jotunheims are not immediately available. New orders are averaging about 10 days to be ready before shipping. I’m sorry for the inconvenience but a new order would need to be made through the website for the Jotunheim 2, since a full refund has already been issued."

So basically they don't care that I spent almost 8 hours traveling back and forth to their store over a simple issue. They don't care about the store, the people traveling far to buy products. All they care about right now is the Online customer. I even tried asking them if they'd offer free shipping from the inconvenience but they said no... So I personally won't be buying any Schiit products in the future and I figured I would inform anyone trying to go the store.

No free shipping? No accommodation at all? No offer to try to speed your order up? Please PM me the details of your conversation and who you talked to. Agreed this is not acceptable.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 30, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #74,324 of 149,129
Today's wrist action tempImageoJYISg.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back