Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 26, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #74,221 of 153,544
Erm this may sound embarrassing, but until now Schiit support hasn't replied me yet about my Eitrs but I am starting to suspect that my reply has not reached them somehow, hence the lack of replies from them

How do I know if they have received my reply?

I could be wrong but I think with the system they used for emails you should get an automated reply acknowledging your message. If you haven't received one I would try again.

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #74,222 of 153,544
https://afdc.energy.gov/vehicles/electric_emissions.html Yep, places like WV with almost a pure coal grid is not that favorable to electric cars, but other places with a different mix are a lot better.

Yep, use it for Teams meetings and I always knew I was weird - happy I have the Hel 1 with the analog in, still use my chunk of spinning rust iPod for music at work.

You could get it in the US for a bit, just didn't have a great range.
Not in most of the US was the problem. It was a nice car and if they had let me take it to NC (we knew we were moving) we may well have had one in CA. They had some amazingly cheap lease deals.....

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #74,223 of 153,544
No one said the WSJ article was "the last word" on EVs. Did you read the article? It was very favorable toward EVs and expressed the opinion that EVs will be a critical tool for the US to meet its Paris accord goals.

The WSJ article convinced me that I should get an EV, which I was leaning towards anyway. I had a charging station installed today on my house today. I will start shopping for an EV this weekend.
We are still pondering the Bolt as our second car. It seems to have a lot going for it and was a nice ride. Jody drove it (a first time in an EV) and was impressed too.

I think the range issue is a diversion. For long trips its almost always cheaper to rent (in terms of cost per mile) than it is to put the mileage on your own car.

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #74,227 of 153,544
So, let's let the politics move to other sites. <sigh> Life is fun, right? Let's have some fun!

Sharing a true story here about audio discovery, musical awakening, learning, growing, and living well. It was 1979 and I worked in a "hi end' hi-fi store in San Antonio, Texas. A trade-in put a Dynaco PAS 3 and Stereo 70 on the used shelf for peanuts. They went home with me!

My system was a Linn Sondek LP-12 playing through the Dyna "stack" into Magnepan MG IIa's. I listened to that system for hours at a time.

That was a long time ago, but the same refreshing reintroduction to the world of music comes to me through my Schiit experience – starting Modi-Magni a few years ago and now Bifrost 2 - Jot 2.

It is fun to hear how many followers of this thread and Schiit users are now looking to the Magnepan LRS speakers powered by tube products. Well, why not?

My wish to all is to enjoy the music of the moment through the gear you've got now, and keep imagining how good it can be later on. Cheers!

PAS 3.jpg
Do coincidences exist?
Look at this amp that I walked in today at a b&m audio store in my city.

IMG_0278 1.jpg
IMG_0279.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg

Mar 26, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #74,229 of 153,544
Mar 26, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #74,230 of 153,544
That looks pretty cool, I always fancied a nixie clock but the heat really put me off. I don't suppose you could share the details?
FWIW, I built a nixie tube clock, that's in my office. Although the tubes are higher voltage (e.g. 70V) than typical solid state components, the actual power dissipated is tiny. There is no heat issue at all.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #74,231 of 153,544
Mar 26, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #74,232 of 153,544
Look what came in the mail today! Hel 2: Electric Boogaloo: Schiitierest Edition.

Exciting times.

20210326_130851.jpg

Look forward to the impressions. :)

Don't expect me to say such hyperbolic statements like, "The syrupy nature of its midrange cadence instills a sense of auditory euphoria compared to the lackadaisical soliloquy of the elder Hel". My ears aren't good enough for that kind of bullschiit. I'll give you the simple stuff. Schiit's good, schiit has great connectivity, etc. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #74,233 of 153,544
Not quite. Smaller, x1 and available today...

Knock-offs? They look nothing like the Apple watch. Samsung always tried to make it look traditional.
cfGQMxMAf2vBcfvWFAnd8J-1200-80.jpg
Forgive me... I have in my head the early Samsung smart watches were rectangular and looked very similar to the Apple watches. I decided early on I didn't care about smart watches, though, so my memory could be faulty: I quit noticing them altogether. My daughter lovers hers and wears it every day.

Mar 26, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #74,234 of 153,544
Yea, Clarke Arthur also wrote the story used as the basis for the film "1002." :)
...and cousin to Irving Washington. (reference to Catch 22)

Mar 26, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #74,235 of 153,544
Not quite. Smaller, x1 and available today...

Forgive me... I have in my head the early Samsung smart watches were rectangular and looked very similar to the Apple watches. I decided early on I didn't care about smart watches, though, so my memory could be faulty: I quit noticing them altogether. My daughter lovers hers and wears it every day.
For only $31,000.- this Moser is a nice cheap apple watch knock off.

MoserFront.jpg
MoserBack.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back