Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 17, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #73,577 of 151,078
Me thinks the 🍕 Pizza debate will eclipse the BBQ debate for controversy... I like most 🍕 pizza toppings except anchovies

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #73,579 of 151,078
The discussion about giving one dose of Vaccine to people who have already had COVID-19 was put forward by public health physicians as a way of extending the reach of a very limited resource. It does make some degree of sense when the vaccine was in very limited supply. It was never a recommendation in the United States however.

Now that constraints on vaccine supply will catch up to vaccine demand over the next 90 days, the consensus of opinion is that we should stick to the manufacturer guidelines on dosing as studied in the clinical trials.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #73,580 of 151,078
Mar 17, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #73,581 of 151,078
The discussion about giving one dose of Vaccine to people who have already had COVID-19 was put forward by public health physicians as a way of extending the reach of a very limited resource. It does make some degree of sense when the vaccine was in very limited supply. It was never a recommendation in the United States however.

Now that constraints on vaccine supply will catch up to vaccine demand over the next 90 days, the consensus of opinion is that we should stick to the manufacturer guidelines on dosing as studied in the clinical trials.

I hope this clears up the confusion.
You are partly right in the sense that in Europe the "one dose after sars/cov2" was scientifically proved but not aimed for in practice.
There's (alas) some minor different views here and there.
In Britain the case is even more diffused as the pandemic is used as a lightning rod for a Brexit harmed nation.
There even scientists are put up against each other.
Italians show a brilliant stupidity by blocking vaccins to other nations because they want it first.
The last is not medical other than the inbred lunacy in Italians as people.
Be sure I know how that works.

Edit: I'm rambling a little here. Only the first sentence is an addition to @KoshNaranek's post.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #73,582 of 151,078
And yet, by US law, ketchup is a vegetable.
Actually that is a popular myth. It comes from a USDA ruling regarding school lunches in 1981 and it only lasted a short while before public outcry made them change the rule that same year. But tomatoes are (wrongly) classified as vegetables under US import and export law, and tomato paste used in pizza sauce was in 2011 allowed to count as a school lunch vegetable serving. I believe that rule was rescinded in 2013.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #73,583 of 151,078
Mar 17, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #73,585 of 151,078
It's a big country, lots of room for weirdness and ridiculousness.
That also makes it a lot of fun.
I really wish I could visit a few US places where I was before and had exhilarating times.
Let it be clear that my critique at some US quirks doesn't mean I don't like the country.
It's the opposite in fact.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #73,586 of 151,078
By the way.... I'd like to wish everyone a happy and safe...

St. Patrick's Day

Attachments

• 20210317_130317_resized.jpg
    20210317_130317_resized.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 17, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #73,587 of 151,078
Me thinks the 🍕 Pizza debate will eclipse the BBQ debate for controversy... I like most 🍕 pizza toppings except anchovies
Actually, BBQ pizza is pretty tasty.

(I mean using NC BBQ, of course. Texas BBQ pizza qualifies as a fruit. :sweat_smile:)

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #73,588 of 151,078
Those of a certain age - as the French put it - may be excited to learn that Rhino has announced the 50th anniversary release of Deja Vu, almost exactly a year late. Though if you have to ask, "What group was that album by?" you probably won't care. New RM LP, 4CDs, outtakes and demos, big book, May 14.

More music + less politics, please...

Well...it's been a long time comin' :wink:

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #73,589 of 151,078
You are partly right in the sense that in Europe the "one dose after sars/cov2" was scientifically proved but not aimed for in practice.
There's (alas) some minor different views here and there.
In Britain the case is even more diffused as the pandemic is used as a lightning rod for a Brexit harmed nation.
There even scientists are put up against each other.
Italians show a brilliant stupidity by blocking vaccins to other nations because they want it first.
The last is not medical other than the inbred lunacy in Italians as people.
Be sure I know how that works.

Edit: I'm rambling a little here. Only the first sentence is an addition to @KoshNaranek's post.
I take exception to your claim of special stupidity among Italians. Humans are all stupid and your claim to special status is nothing but hubris 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back