Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 12, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #73,186 of 152,597
I'd rather argue BBQ over politics any day. :D

Mar 12, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #73,188 of 152,597
I completely forgot about 'Olive the Other Reindeer'! :D

Mar 12, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #73,189 of 152,597
There is no better or worse here, IMHO both should have stayed. Some like SS, some the old stuff.
Glad I bought my Freya-S and got rid of those glowing bottles of heat.
Me too! :relaxed:
I have no doubt that the Freya + is a superb preamp, but I tried the original Freya a few years ago, and didn't like the tube output.
When I heard that the Freya S was being discontinued, it prompted me to take action and order one direct from Schiit in the States, before they were all gone!
It really is an audiophile bargain. I did a lot of research into high quality, fully balanced preamps, and in my opinion nothing else comes close, even at many times the price.
Hats off to Jason for this gem of a design :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #73,190 of 152,597
On some other threads & forums, tube fans/collectors are basically blaming Freya & Freya+ owners for single handily depleting the NOS 6SN7 supply!

I noticed NOS 6SN7 supplies dwindling years before Freya appeared, but I have to imagine that scores of happy new Freya & Freya+ owners may have speed the process up!

One might notice that the Freya S supply has dried up also!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #73,192 of 152,597
On some other threads & forums, tube fans/collectors are basically blaming Freya & Freya+ owners for single handily depleting the NOS 6SN7 supply!

I noticed NOS 6SN7 supplies dwindling years before Freya appeared, but I have to imagine that scores of happy new Freya & Freya+ owners may have speed the process up!

One might notice that the Freya S supply has dried up also!
There are plenty of other amps out there that use 6sn7's. I usually buy Russian tubes NOS from the 50's through the 70's. When you buy them 24 or more at a time from the same case it is fairly easy to match up pairs and even occasional quads but you need a tube tester of course. As far as US made and British made tubes I might buy a rare one on occasion and you tend to pay dearly for matched pairs.

Mar 12, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #73,195 of 152,597
I noticed NOS 6SN7 supplies dwindling years before Freya appeared and coinciding with @bcowen acquiring his Lyr 3.

I fixed it for you... :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #73,196 of 152,597
A few years back (like at least 10) saw Dylan and Willy Nelson (& family) live. Group I was with went mostly for Dylan. I anticipated Nelson more. Everyone in the group left feeling that Nelson was better. Could not understand a thing Dylan sang or said.

I was a student in Edinburgh and saved up to buy a ticket to see Dylan in London. Took the train down, had a seat in the third row. Did not know he had converted from Judaism to Christianity. He came out and started spouting all sorts of religious stuff between tracks. I left before the encore.

ADDENDUM I still enjoy his music, and have albums he released since then, but I did not go through all that as a poor student to be lectured about religion.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #73,198 of 152,597
I'm anything but "the typical conservative." Appearing to be tolerant with crime in California by saying it's anywhere and everywhere is no better than saying racism is tolerable in California because it's anywhere and everywhere. While both may indeed be anywhere and everywhere, nobody should be sanguine with either situation.
I love people who are concerned about crime but don't mention the white people financial crimes stealing millions and getting away with it because suddenly the first amendment says corporations are people, until it comes time to dole out criminal responsibility. But ignore the private prisons where assaults for jollies are joymaking.

You don't care a crap about crime.

Mar 12, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #73,199 of 152,597
I completely forgot about 'Olive the Other Reindeer'! :D

and let's not forget the Led Zeppelin song about Olive, my love

(that girl do get around)

JC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back