Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 10, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #72,992 of 153,423
Hello, me from other country, love Schiit. What is Texas please? What is BBQ please? Do not understand why discuss in audio forum group.
Does it sound good like Schiit?
Love from other country (they do exist).

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #72,994 of 153,423
Hello, me from other country, love Schiit. What is Texas please? What is BBQ please? Do not understand why discuss in audio forum group.

I'd love to learn more about The Netherland's. Feel free to jump right on in and tell us more. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #72,995 of 153,423
Euphonium nerd alert to get us off barbeque - I've been a working bass trombonist for fifty years and have ten bass trombones in my collection. But the best instrument I own is my 1917 Boosey (before Boosey and Hawkes) 3 valve compensating euphonium. I LOVE that horn. And now, back to barbeque and cats...
Speaking of trombones; one scene towards the end of the Marx Brothers "A Night at Opera" has Harpo sneaking in to the orchestra pit with trombone in hand and as the orchestra is playing music from Verdi's "Il Travatore" Harpo breaks out into "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". It kills me everytime I see it, :laughing:

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #72,996 of 153,423
It's not even that big of a hassle. Sure, you end up paying a little more than if you bought locally, but not that much more. I ordered twice from the mothership and it was a smooth experience in both cases.
I agree with you @ev666il that it's not a big hassle.
I have ordered direct from Schiit twice; a Freya S and a Unison USB upgrade board for my Yggy.
In both cases the ordering process was straightforward and efficient.
It does cost more, due to shipping and taxes, but as I see it, the big advantage of buying locally, from someone like Electromod in the UK, is that you can try a product at home to decide whether you like it, and return it if you don't.
The legislation here gives customers the right to a full refund on any goods purchased online which are returned within 14 days of receipt.
I auditioned an original Freya and original Yggy in this way. a few years ago. I decided to buy the Yggy but returned the Freya,
It really isn't practical to return an item to the US, as the shipping cost is quite significant, especially for heavy products and you would also face all the hassle of reclaiming import duty and VAT.
I appreciate that Schiit offers a 15 day money back guarantee, but I believe this is subject to a restocking fee of 5%.
A restocking fee is unlawful in the UK under Consumer Contracts Regulations if the item is returned within 14 days in perfect condition.
I am still undecided about the CD Transport, but if I do buy one I will wait for availability in the UK, so that I can compare it with my current digital source, and in the unlikely event that it doesn't fare well, I can return it at minimal cost.
I am really intrigued to hear what forum members make of the Urd when it is finally released.
Maybe I will be going back to CDs, if it's as good as Mike says...... :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #72,997 of 153,423
@Ripper2860
I'd love to learn more about The Netherland's. Feel free to jump right on in and tell us more.

Great, just watch this clip, ONLY comment on the youtube site, then come back here to discuss Head-fi stuff..

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #72,998 of 153,423

What is Netherlands please? Just kidding. To tell a family secret, my grandmother was Dutch.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #72,999 of 153,423
"Texas" and "BBQ" are both subjective states of mind commonly caused by prolonged contemplation of alternate planes of reality or by ingesting certain controlled substances. They do not exist in the physical world. They exist in the same reality as high-end cable and capacitor impacts on audio.

:wink:

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #73,000 of 153,423
Great, just watch this clip, ONLY comment on the youtube site, then come back here to discuss Head-fi stuff..

Still trying to figure out what the above post has to do with Modi Multibit, but assuming it is related to TX and BBQ -- with Schiit now being having a presence in TX, the discussion of TX and BBQ is even more relevant. So much so that Jason has even commented on his BBQ findings in Corpus Cristi.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #73,001 of 153,423
Still trying to figure out what the above post has to do with Modi Multibit.
Nothing at all ! ! !

It was supposed to be the reply to your comment, but somehow it ( or probably I ) got screwed up...

Edit: corrected earlier post..

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #73,002 of 153,423
I figured as much. :D

My BBQ discussion is typically to counter the ludicrous position that NC BBQ is better than TX BBQ. I'd have far less to say about it if others were not stirring the pot! :D

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #73,003 of 153,423
I'm just happy to be alive regardless of my current domicile's location. :D
We're happy you're alive too, 'cause if you were dead all your posts would be kind of weird. Or maybe weirder. :laughing:

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #73,005 of 153,423
Page 1438 and still a long way to go

Watching the Vidar hit production is humorous in hindsight
Now, it looks like everything is lining up for next week.*
I wonder if it will finally ship (yes I know it has), but is this the true final notice...:deadhorse:

Regards Griff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back