Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 26, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #70,804 of 151,546
Yep, I got bit a couple times with Netflix losing rights/removing items so in the vein of once bitten, twice shy I a) stopped video streaming, and b) haven't attempted music streaming.

I stream videos while I can. If I decide I like something, I either get the DVDs from Netflix, or buy/ resell them after ripping them. As many have said, I don't want to be left in the cold when a steaming service decides to use its servers for something else.

(sorry, I know coffee is on the other thread)

I am partial to Black Rifle Coffee, Blackbeard's Delight. Tastes like crap with whiskey in it, though. The dark roast competes with the coffee to the detriment of both.

Yes that would indeed be interesting. I've sold a few items on eBay over the years and I've noticed that the people who ask a lot of questions never buy anything.

They are reliving the Saturdays of their youths in record stores...

You actually tried a balanced Y? Curious.....

I have a weird Y-splitter in my main system: XLR in, XLR out for one leg, RCA out for the other leg. I didn't have to do that originally, but I needed to split the Front L/ Front R signal from my pre/pro to two different power amps when I got a pair of Stax Lambda (the original, thirty-four year old models) as a mid-life crisis purchase.

Mr Cowen don't you ever forget that. T off time this Sat is at 7am and be puncture please. Tiger Woods waits for no man. Many will fight to drive my cart but I chose you, God knows why.

That's obvious: it's because he looks good in a chauffeur's cap while he brings you a beer.

Texas or North Carolina better for BBQ? My answer is Sydney by miles. My membership please...

Membership, where? You can't add anything to the main topic here... Sydney barbeque indeed. (I'll have to check out that link... view #1,000,001)

Sorry my Yggdrasil is in silver and as you can see it's the right colour in that rack! Beautiful contrast with the all blacks. It stands out.

I noticed you left "all blacks" in lower case. Must be a fan of the Wallabies?

I thought Outback Steakhouse was the official food...? :grinning:

Outback Steakhouse has gone down a long hill around here, in my opinion. I won't go back. If I don't have the energy to cook myself, and I don't want to pay for a real steak, Saltgrass Steakhouse still does a reasonable job.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #70,805 of 151,546
Sorry my Yggdrasil is in silver and as you can see it's the right colour in that rack! Beautiful contrast with the all blacks. It stands out.

DSC_0031.JPG

For some reason this stereo reminds me of this.

Attachments

• 28A2ACD7-3982-4DEA-A4E4-5F8B272A74C2.jpeg
    28A2ACD7-3982-4DEA-A4E4-5F8B272A74C2.jpeg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 26, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #70,807 of 151,546
If I don't have the energy to cook myself, and I don't want to pay for a real steak, Saltgrass Steakhouse still does a reasonable job.

Not a bad job of giving example to the term "damning with faint praise" :relaxed:.

My most vivid memory of Saltgrass is from last summer when a waiter delivered 10-12 full glasses of water and iced tea down my back when he tripped over something. Poor kid couldn't have been more embarrassed.

Outback Steakhouse has gone down a long hill around here.
USDA-Prime steaks have been easy to acquire at a popular warehouse store for a few years now. I haven't been to a steakhouse on my own dime since then.

It's been 10 years since I've visited an Outback.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #70,808 of 151,546
Does the Yggy need space on top? ...

I give both of mine 2 inches of space, no problems with heat in 5 years and 3 years respectively.

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #70,809 of 151,546

Beautiful! You listen up close!?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #70,810 of 151,546
Have a brilliant idea... If If I have to say myself. (I'll bet Jason had this already btw).

How about a Raegirnarok integrated amp based off of Aegir? Nexus in the preamp section so you can have XLR in, but only one amp.

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #70,811 of 151,546
Beautiful! You listen up close!?

Thanks. This is my away from home accomodation where I listen to speakers in near field and mainly use headphones. Speakers are now move to the desk which is just adjacent to the rack. So I can access the headphone amps with my headphones easy and I get to swap amps and headphones at will. I have proper stereo at home in Sydney as well as BBQ steak.

IMG_1576.jpg

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #70,813 of 151,546
I read today that Neil Young ( one of my music heroes) has strongly criticised TIDAL and removed his whole catalogue from their platform.
He, like many in the audio industry, thinks that MQA is a complete scam.
I don't think Mike Moffat is a fan either :beyersmile:
I wouldn't touch TIDAL with a barge pole.
Here is the article:
NYA Times Contrarian (neilyoungarchives.com)
My main streaming is Amazon HD. I tried a Tidal 30 day free, and canceled. The sound, vs Amazon HD, sounded enhanced. I listened to an identical playlist on both platforms, first song on one, same song on second, on down the list. Tidal was second to Amazon on every song.

Tidal does have a few selections that Amazon doesn't. My tastes run to hard bop jazz, blues and jazz female vocalist, and classic rock (with a smidgen of classical). Amazon's catalog was always more compete than Tidal.

Shortly after canceling Tidal, they offered me a deal. 4 months for 4 dollars (the "Master" level of quality). I accepted. I'll cancel at the end.

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #70,815 of 151,546
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back