Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 16, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #70,291 of 150,947
I received my second dose of Vaccine at 0630 Wednesday. By 1930, I began having a fever that rose to a maximum of 101F. Tylenol did not appear to help much. I slept poorly and the fever broke by 0400 Thursday.

I was tired and had a headache on Thursday. Slept well last night but I did measure a 20% drop in peak expiratory flow today. The loss of peak flow is only noticeable when wearing an N95 mask and walking quickly.

This was hardly a terrible experience. Getting the vaccine is clearly the correct decision for all those who are concerned about it.
Sounds like the vaccin is working just fine.
The rest of you: go get it.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #70,292 of 150,947
@Jason Stoddard , Jason, yes we buy your products because of your commitment, not only because of the technical superlatives, but because of the brand image, we see, translates directly into consumer trust. That is the strength of your brand. That is also why I buy Grado.
It is kind of like this clumsy analogy: << see the world of "analog" human beings and not just "digital" accountancy.>> Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #70,293 of 150,947
@Jason Stoddard , Jason, yes we buy your products because of your commitment, not only because of the technical superlatives, but because of the brand image, we see, translates directly into consumer trust. That is the strength of your brand. That is also why I buy Grado.
It is kind of like this clumsy analogy: << see the world of "analog" human beings and not just "digital" accountancy.>> Thanks
Speak for yourself.
I buy Schiit because of it's quality and I really hate Grado.

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #70,294 of 150,947
Speak for yourself.
The only thing Grado ever made that I liked were their phono cartridges back when I had a turntable. Their headphones do not sound good to me. YMMV.

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #70,295 of 150,947
Speak for yourself.
I demoed, at home, some 500 series years ago. They just were too high treble for me, as compared to my "tamer" HD-600 & HD650. With an Asgard with TrueMultibit ordered should I give Grado another shot? Like Schiit, I like Grado's company history.

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #70,296 of 150,947
I demoed, at home, some 500 series years ago. They just were too high treble for me, as compared to my "tamer" HD-600 & HD650. With an Asgard with TrueMultibit ordered should I give Grado another shot? Like Schiit, I like Grado's company history.
My advise: Don't. I gave away my Grado's to someone here in the states.
Maybe ask him what he thinks about it.

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #70,297 of 150,947

I can not tolerate my Grado SR-125's with my Asgard 3. Finger nails on a chalk board. My HD-6XX sounds great with Asgard. It must be a synergy thing, as my SR-125's sound great with my Melos SHA Gold.

Jan 16, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #70,298 of 150,947
The only thing Grado ever made that I liked were their phono cartridges back when I had a turntable. Their headphones do not sound good to me. YMMV.

If you had really significant high frequency hearing loss, I would guess that Grados might sound good to you.

Jan 16, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #70,300 of 150,947
hmmm - i think more that the USB *inputs* can be switched to output - not exactly a hub. obviously everything USB, input and out would be unison, pure speculation of course

Well, by definition anything with multiple USB in and single out is by necessity a hub. My keyboard with a USB to plug in a mouse shows up as a hub. So exactly a hub. Just not one you would use to plug a bunch of drives, mice, sd card readers, etc. into your laptop. You're probably correct about all in/out usbs being Unison...

Hmm. On rereading if there was a physical switch that connected only 1 input at a time rather than all at the same time, it would not technically be a hub.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #70,301 of 150,947
Well, by definition anything with multiple USB in and single out is by necessity a hub. My keyboard with a USB to plug in a mouse shows up as a hub. So exactly a hub. Just not one you would use to plug a bunch of drives, mice, sd card readers, etc. into your laptop. You're probably correct about all in/out usbs being Unison...

Hmm. On rereading if there was a physical switch that connected only 1 input at a time rather than all at the same time, it would not technically be a hub.
From Wikipedia:
A USB hub is a device that expands a single Universal Serial Bus (USB) port into several so that there are more ports available to connect devices to a host system, similar to a power strip. All devices connected through a USB hub share the bandwidth available to that hub

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #70,303 of 150,947
There's a quip here somewhere about wood paneling. I know Schiit's transport will be brushed aluminum. Still. The following unit strikes a chord with me. ALL HAIL VENEER. :ksc75smile: ...{edit}... oh, and toggles. I love me some toggles.

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #70,304 of 150,947
There's a quip here somewhere about wood paneling. I know Schiit's transport will be brushed aluminum. Still. The following unit strikes a chord with me. ALL HAIL VENEER. :ksc75smile: ...{edit}... oh, and toggles. I love me some toggles.

is your system back together (lyr3, hp cable), and what amp / hp is your favorite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back