Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 23, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #68,896 of 155,172
Are those Herbies' Tenderfeet, or Hudson HiFi feet, that I spy under your amps?

Herbie's; I'm not concerned about vibration issues but I always like to get as much air flow around my gear as I can, plus with the Herbie's I find I don't have to put a death grip on the units when plugging/unplugging my phones to keep the amps from sliding around. The stock nubs allow the amps to slide much more readily requiring a firm hold down of the unit.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #68,897 of 155,172
Herbie's; I'm not concerned about vibration issues but I always like to get as much air flow around my gear as I can, plus with the Herbie's I find I don't have to put a death grip on the units when plugging/unplugging my phones to keep the amps from sliding around. The stock nubs allow the amps to slide much readily requiring a firm hold down of the unit.

I have a bunch of the Herbies, and two sets of the Hudson Hifi. The Hudson's are cheaper, but I like the Herbies much better. I'm also a big fan of the Herbies GrungeBuster material, it's very affordable if you buy it by the sheet and cut/punch it yourself.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #68,900 of 155,172
She must know there are tubes in that box. I hope they're not from GE. But perhaps @bcowen would approve of using GE tubes as cat warmers.

GE tubes serve better as cat toys for me. Doesn't take too long for them to get broken which means I can dispose of them more quickly. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #68,901 of 155,172
Erm, are GE tubes that bad? I think some of those I am using are GE but I can't identify them due to lack of the chalk markings

Yes.

:laughing: :laughing:

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #68,902 of 155,172
Ha! He breaks out in hives if they cross his threshold 😉

LOL! All my equipment runs away from home, and I have to file a missing component report with the police...and they have far more important things to be doing. :grin:

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #68,903 of 155,172
Johnnie Blue is also a fine mod for Mjolnir..
I've had Johnnie Walker Blue, I didn't really like it. To me, they blended all the flavor out. I prefer Black, to my wallet's benefit.

Dec 23, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #68,904 of 155,172
On vacay until the New Year - Happy Merry everyone!
original.jpg

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #68,905 of 155,172
Today 14:15h CET, Constanza made her way to the eternal hunting fields after 22 year in ours. She will rest in peace. In time I will follow them all BUT NOT BEFORE I MADE YOUR LIVES A LITTLE MORE MISERABLE THE WAY I HABITUALLY DO.

lastconstanza.jpg
Pietro, so sorry for your loss, I will miss hearing of her many tales.

Dec 24, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #68,907 of 155,172
Been enjoying my Jot 2 that arrived promptly at 7:30am via USPS also with a "bit of a toss and resulting loose tape. The layering of instruments using either my 800S's or Rai Penta's is very special. This amp really reveals the physicality of the instruments with an adroitness not present in the OG Jot. I don't sense a change in presentation width but a qualitative change like when you are at a live performance and are can easily focus on individual instruments. I'm really looking forward to spending more time with it over the holidays! Well done Jason and crew:beerchug:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back