Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 1, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #6,874 of 151,996
Hi everyone, it's me again, the guy who privatly typeset Jason's book (see my signature).
I discovered today that Jason released an official version of the book, so I just wanted to tell you that I will continue to update my unofficial version as the new chapters come in (last update from today's chapter).
I also noticed that some of the typographical details I have put in my version aren't featured in the official book, which gives me even more motivation to continue my project. Still, I'm glad to see that Jason will earn some money for his writing, well deserved, as I throughly enjoyed my read.

Best,
lblb

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #6,875 of 151,996
Hi everyone, it's me again, the guy who privatly typeset Jason's book (see my signature).
I discovered today that Jason released an official version of the book, so I just wanted to tell you that I will continue to update my unofficial version as the new chapters come in (last update from today's chapter).
I also noticed that some of the typographical details I have put in my version aren't featured in the official book, which gives me even more motivation to continue my project. Still, I'm glad to see that Jason will earn some money for his writing, well deserved, as I throughly enjoyed my read.

Best,
lblb

Yep, please do so! Sorry I didn't clarify that...even though there's a version that I've released for sale (mainly for people who really really want a hard copy) that doesn't invalidate the community-created versions...and they will be more comprehensive than the one I did in any case.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 1, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #6,879 of 151,996
 Black-and-white digital photos are so 2014.

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #6,880 of 151,996
Yep, please do so! Sorry I didn't clarify that...even though there's a version that I've released for sale (mainly for people who really really want a hard copy) that doesn't invalidate the community-created versions...and they will be more comprehensive than the one I did in any case.

Are you going to keep the Kindle version up-to-date with new chapters you've added since publication?

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #6,881 of 151,996
Yo Jason,

Thanks bunches for including all those wonderful pix to the latest Crazed-Ramblings-From-A-Successful-Audio-MadMan-that-inexplicably-shares-his-knowledge-freely-with-all. 
Its wonderful to get a peek behind the curtain ("PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MOFFAT BEHIND THE MIRROR!") and see some in-process schiit and the team behind the scenes.

Now if you'll excuse me...i have this weird weird craving to fire up my Lyr,  pop open a bag of Taco Flavored Doritos,  and listen to some sweet tunes! 

Peace & "Without Music,  Life would Be an Error"   -Neitzche

Three Toes o Fury

PS:  Looking skinny sir!  Nice work!

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #6,883 of 151,996
Hi Jason, if you ever choose to talk about measurements used in the designing and testing of amps and DACs, can you also highlight the differences between how you measure solid state amps vs tube amps? That will be great.

Jul 2, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #6,885 of 151,996
“How can a tiny audiophile company imagine it could do better than the latest TI op-amp, they have a worldwide staff of scientists and engineers working on those designs?”

When I first read that, I was taken aback. Because, yep, it sounds completely insane. One or two engineers at a tiny company that started in a garage with miniscule resources, pitted against the combined might of, say, TI or Analog Devices? Most people would bet on the big guys."

Em.... Bill Gates anyone?
When someone tells ME that something cant be done, what I hear is "I dont know how to do it" :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back