Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 11, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #68,029 of 150,571
Dec 11, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #68,030 of 150,571
S'alright!

It gets weirder than that, my Raleigh wears a Triumph badge! Raleigh's that were sold in department stores were rebadged so as not to compete directly against their dealers.

Just in case someone accuses me of trying to derail the thread, I must point out that this bicycle has no derailleur!

Wonderful! Lifelong cyclist, putting myself through college working at a bike shop. I hope your enjoying it, I still spend many hours riding a 30 (jeez - make that 40) year old Strawberry, made in Portland Oregon. It's fun appreciating tech, craftsmanship and innovation here, liquid and otherwise..... :wink:
strawberry-2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #68,031 of 150,571
Wonderful! Lifelong cyclist, putting myself through college working at a bike shop. I hope your enjoying it, I still spend many hours riding a 30 (jeez - make that 40) year old Strawberry, made in Portland Oregon. It's fun appreciating tech, craftsmanship and innovation here, liquid and otherwise..... :wink:

Very nice! I'll have to look that one up. Lots of nice bike shops in the PNW, but not quite as many little ones as there used to be.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #68,034 of 150,571
Thanks for sharing the picture of your bike @ImagesbyMurray
I love classic road bikes with downtube shifters,
I have a 30 year old Tommasini, which has a hand-made frame produced in Italy, and fitted out with a classic Campagnolo group set.
Absolutely beautiful machine.
It is the type of bike which pro riders raced on in the Tour de France... about 35 years ago!
I also have a modern Titanium bike made in UK by Enigma which is also a lovely machine.
Edit: My Tommasini is a Super Prestige like this, but mine is red
Tommasini Super Prestige from 1991 — The Hunt Cycling (the-hunt.de)

Enigma make lovely Ti bikes in UK. Mine is similar to this.
Enigma Evade – Enigma Bikes
It should outlast me!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #68,036 of 150,571
S'alright!

It gets weirder than that, my Raleigh wears a Triumph badge! Raleigh's that were sold in department stores were rebadged so as not to compete directly against their dealers.

Just in case someone accuses me of trying to derail the thread, I must point out that this bicycle has no derailleur!

Sturmy Archer!!!

Dec 12, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #68,037 of 150,571

Now that was funny. :grin:

Dec 12, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #68,039 of 150,571
Probably related to the torque of the set screw---you did use a torque wrench?

Well, um, yeah, like..of course. Are you casting aspersions on my audiophile neurosis?

I must embarrassingly admit though that my in/lb wrench is 2 weeks overdue for its annual calibration, so I'm pretty ashamed of myself. :laughing::grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back