Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 10, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #66,661 of 151,293
We now own a building in Texas!

More later on the Schiitrmeet next week. But it will cover AKM and Texas. You get me and Tyler. Feel free to ask him philosophical questions. He is, after all, Director of Miscellaneous. And like a Masters or Ph.D in Philosophy or something like that (should we be nervous he's the HR/flying-desk-bureaucrat/money guy too?)
Be nervous. Be VERY nervous.

Nov 10, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #66,666 of 151,293
Nice to see Schickele/PDQ Bach reference. I played French horn in those NYC Carnegie Hall concerts for over a decade. Fun memories... Peter was precise and demanding which made the comedy more effective. Funny on several levels.

Nov 10, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #66,668 of 151,293
speaking of b-stock, just noticed a few Eitr & Freya S in both 115V & 230V versions
These past 6 months have been very good to us B-stock watchers. I've bought an Eitr, a Modi Multibit, and an Asgard 3 from B-stock this year.

I think the B-stock offerings are a great way to get some of the entry-level gear (less than $250 or so) at a discount. Drawback is that if you don't like the gear, you can't return it so I wouldn't risk it with more expensive gear, unless you have prior experience with it.

Nov 10, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #66,669 of 151,293
congrats on the building. beware tornados & flooding (but no worries about earthquakes)

does this now mean that Schiit has an official position on BBQ?
Tornadoes? Not too common in Texas, especially in the Corpus Christi area. I'm sure they get more NC "BBQ" (ahem...) there than tornadoes. Hurricanes and flooding? Your new building full of Schiit is on stilts, right? Storm-rated siding and roofing?

Nov 10, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #66,670 of 151,293
Tornadoes? Not too common in Texas, especially in the Corpus Christi area. I'm sure they get more NC "BBQ" (ahem...) there than tornadoes.

Some Texans are luckier than others. :smiley:

Nov 10, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #66,671 of 151,293
These past 6 months have been very good to us B-stock watchers. I've bought an Eitr, a Modi Multibit, and an Asgard 3 from B-stock this year.

I think the B-stock offerings are a great way to get some of the entry-level gear (less than $250 or so) at a discount. Drawback is that if you don't like the gear, you can't return it so I wouldn't risk it with more expensive gear, unless you have prior experience with it.

Who returns gear?
Wish I had the cash for a Rag2.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #66,672 of 151,293
Who returns gear?
Wish I had the cash for a Rag2.
Haha. Good question. I've been buying Schiit stuff for 2 years now. Never had to use the 15 day return window.

Granted, I've only bought new (A-stock) a Modi 3 and a Vali 2. Everything else has been B-stock. Not once felt like I wished I could return something.

Your mileage may vary so I guess it's still a good thing that the 15 day return window exists.

Nov 10, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #66,674 of 151,293
speaking of b-stock, just noticed a few Eitr & Freya S in both 115V & 230V versions

If there were a Freya S in black, I'd have been tempted to pull the trigger. As it is, looks like I'll have to wait for someone in Schiit's supply chain to slightly mar the finish on a Freya+ case such that it gets anodized (or however they do it) in black.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #66,675 of 151,293
If there were a Freya S in black, I'd have been tempted to pull the trigger. As it is, looks like I'll have to wait for someone in Schiit's supply chain to slightly mar the finish on a Freya+ case such that it gets anodized (or however they do it) in black.

i don't see a pull-down option for black. do any factory black Freyas exist in OG, S, or + variants? Jason probably uses the damaged casework for dev protos.

The Transport might only be offered in silver too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back