Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 22, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #6,467 of 150,657
Yes, the people (ladies) who think a 5,000 dollar handbag is gorgeous and a 1,000 dollar Christian Louboutin shoe is good value....

Sigh.... :)

Point is: if that's a reason to leave a relationship, she wasn't worth it. It's a very immature and stupid thing to do. :)

Didn't he play at Duke? $1000?! Are they autographed? :wink:

May 22, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #6,469 of 150,657
What’s the one thing you dislike most about your current audio system?

Yes, dislike.

Probably how difficult is is to move my Mjolnir+Gungnir stack due to its monstrous size and weight. If they had the size/formfactor of the Lyr and Bifrost but still keeping the same performance... that would be very cool. Not that I am planning to move it around all the time, but the reduced footprint on my limited desk space would be really nice. It's a bit of a silly request I suppose, as the power supply and circuit design topology simply needs that space. But honestly yes, that is about the only thing I dislike about my system.

May 22, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #6,474 of 150,657
Wish list:
1.  Balanced buffer preamp with stepped attenuator and smartphone remote control (BT or, preferably, LAN based).
2.  $1000 circlotron monoblocks with real power.
3.  Power regenerator (balanced?) - with Schiit's power supply & amp expertise, should be able to eat PS Audio's lunch here. 
4.  Multiple analog input ADC for folks doing digital active crossover speaker systems 

May 22, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #6,476 of 150,657
  The thing I most dislike about my Valhalla 2 is the fact that the LED doesn't turn off instantly. Being a student, I practically live in a single room the entire time, and a bright light that won't fade until 20-30 minutes later when I want to sleep is really frustrating. I fully realise it may well be there to represent the heat of the valves, a potential safety feature, but tiny things like this get in the way of an otherwise-perfect user experience.

One of the best emails I have received was from a customer who was certain that his Valhalla was broken because the LED wouldn't turn off.  When he unplugged it and the light was still on he thought it could be possessed.  The light stays on because the capacitors in Valhalla take a VERY long time to discharge (as in days).  Opening a Valhalla that has been powered up is a unique opportunity to zap the hell out of yourself.  About a month or two after Jesse and I started working in the shop, Jesse was working on converting some Valhallas from 230v to 115v.  These units had already been burned in so the capacitors were all carrying a charge.  I'm plugging away at orders and I hear, "son of a *****."  Jesse had shocked himself.  About an hour later, "******!"  Shocked again.  Jesse has big bushy curly hair.  Each time he yelled his hair was getting bigger and bigger.  A bit later, "crap!"    We still raz him about his "near death" experience with the Valhallas.  Jason even made Jesse a special poster:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back