Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 24, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #61,247 of 150,446
Um no. Seriously, no. I don't NEED more stuff. This b-stock madness will make me doing do something I will not regret but my wallet will lol.
Yeah, I hear you. I was planning on buying a Modi Multibit and a Vali 2 and then the B-stock madness happened. Ended up buying those and adding an Eitr and a Fulla 3.

Jun 24, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #61,248 of 150,446
I compared the CCA on-board DAC to my Denon 1612 AVR DAC and preferred the Denon slightly. So I’d expect pretty much what you have said-that I would prefer the Modi slightly. Damn, now should I get a DAC too!?! I feel like I may be entering the belly of the beast by joining this forum. In a good way of course...

this is an unusually good time for you to join this site, with the abundance of b-stock available for lower cost.

Jun 24, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #61,249 of 150,446
Yeah, I hear you. I was planning on buying a Modi Multibit and a Vali 2 and then the B-stock madness happened. Ended up buying those and adding an Eitr and a Fulla 3.
I wish I wasn't as OCD about my new equipment being cosmetically pristine - I am missing out on all these cool discounts. I wonder what percentage of these are non-defective returns vs cosmetic imperfections vs schiit found in the back of the storage. It would be interesting to have some feedback from buyers to hear how little or big these cosmetic issues are.

I have to really praise Schiit for being honest with their consumers and labeling things cosmetic imperfections as B-stock. It's also a lot more environment-friendly this way.

Jun 24, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #61,250 of 150,446
this is an unusually good time for you to join this site, with the abundance of b-stock available for lower cost.
I went ahead and ordered two B Units - the original Saga preamp along with a Modi 2 Uber. Total cost was $258 plus shipping. What great value! I am so stoked to get this system set up. Thanks for the help everyone and I will report back with impressions.

Jun 24, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #61,252 of 150,446
I went ahead and ordered two B Units - the original Saga preamp along with a Modi 2 Uber. Total cost was $258 plus shipping. What great value! I am so stoked to get this system set up. Thanks for the help everyone and I will report back with impressions.
I'd be interested to hear your impressions on the Saga and Vidar system. Have my eyes on both for improving my 2-channel rig. But this is way in the future for me.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #61,253 of 150,446
I wish I wasn't as OCD about my new equipment being cosmetically pristine - I am missing out on all these cool discounts. I wonder what percentage of these are non-defective returns vs cosmetic imperfections vs schiit found in the back of the storage. It would be interesting to have some feedback from buyers to hear how little or big these cosmetic issues are.

I have to really praise Schiit for being honest with their consumers and labeling things cosmetic imperfections as B-stock. It's also a lot more environment-friendly this way.
I have purchased Yggdrasil, Mjolnir 2, and Mani as B-stock items, there were no aesthetic defects that I saw. Maybe they were all 15 day returns, not due to surface blemishes. I don't know. Based on my experience, I would always buy B-stock at a reduced price if it was an option.

Jun 24, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #61,256 of 150,446
I definitely appreciate the suggestion on the $199 saga. This could be the path forward, at least temporarily.

I have the original Saga. Nice features, and a great sounding preamp. Quiet, no noise. The tube effect is subtle, but noticeable, and welcome. Very natural and musical. I love it. For $199, a B-Stock is a steal.

20200606_113051_resized (1).jpg

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #61,257 of 150,446
Hey all,

Sorry to be scarce, but things are pretty busy around here.

To solve the mystery of the new action on the B-stock side, blame it on me. I got tired of looking at the old products, and said, "Hey, let's get these listed." Everyone is super busy, so it's not their fault...but Rina took that direction and ran with it...and found additional B-stock stuff...and found more things hidden in the warehouse...and is still finding things. So we're updating as we find things. Expect this to go on for a while longer. I think we're about halfway through the piles.

And to solve the mystery of C-stock: this is less than B-stock. Meaning, it probably has visible cosmetic flaws, but works fine. We'll update the B-stock page to reflect this shortly.

Beyond that, it's pretty busy, so I need to get back to product development.

All the best,
Jason
@Jason Stoddard Any B-Stock SOLs? They would go in a flash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back