Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 11, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #60,481 of 155,168
This thread goes so fast, it’s tough to tell whether this is asked and answered:

Now that Schiit is no longer all-discrete, all the time, are we going to see the Jotunheim or the Mjolnir get a Heresy treatment? I don’t know when it happened, exactly, but it seems like the world went topsy-turvy, and all the very quietest amps on the market are using some feedforward opamp setup or other.

Jun 11, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #60,482 of 155,168
Never said where the couch would be located. :D

Jun 11, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #60,484 of 155,168
Jason...

So do you still have that "vette"?

Here is my "66" Stingray Coupe!

c1.JPG

Unfortunately I dont have it anymore....but it got me my beautiful wife of 50+ years, many years ago...4:56 rear end, headers, 500+ hp and never lost a drag race...

:>)

My original "LYR"...

I'm waiting for mine to be built.........

Attachments

• Corvette Stingray 2020-10.jpg
    Corvette Stingray 2020-10.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Corvette Stingray 2020-13.jpg
    Corvette Stingray 2020-13.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 0
Jun 11, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #60,485 of 155,168
@Jason Stoddard
I just noticed Saga S isnt listed anymore on the website, it lost the thunderdome?
Anyway, one question guys, a shelf with 15 cm high, is enough for Freya +, or it need more space to breathe? same question for ragnarok 2.

thanks

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #60,488 of 155,168
@Jason Stoddard
I just noticed Saga S isnt listed anymore on the website, it lost the thunderdome?
Anyway, one question guys, a shelf with 15 cm high, is enough for Freya +, or it need more space to breathe? same question for ragnarok 2.

thanks

I think the Saga S and Freya S both lost in the thunderdome to their tubed counterparts, Saga+ and Freya+, respectively. Jason mentioned something about accidentally re-ordering additional parts for some preamps that are selling slower than they hoped.

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #60,489 of 155,168
Try playing some Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. ELP turned me onto classical. I still listen to Aaron Copland because of my early love of ELP and prog rock. Plus, it presents classical music with a beat, which makes it easier for non-classical listeners to swallow.

Or go even earlier and listen to "America" by the Nice.

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #60,491 of 155,168
I miss the era in which cars were really distinctive-looking. I will even take the 80s boxy designs over the shapeless curve-fest we have now. If you are going to do curves, you got to do them properly, like my favourite European non-supercar of all time, Citroen DS.

I had the model after that, kindly christened by my "friends" farting Nell as the hydraulics settled after being switched off.

Great car!

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #60,493 of 155,168
I think the Saga S and Freya S both lost in the thunderdome to their tubed counterparts, Saga+ and Freya+, respectively. Jason mentioned something about accidentally re-ordering additional parts for some preamps that are selling slower than they hoped.
I don't have any inside information to the sales at Schiit, but from my standpoint, Saga S always seemed like the most likely candidate to lose out. Saga OG was already a great SE preamp. If money was an issue and someone only needed SE inputs/outputs, finding a used Saga OG would be a bargain and a great choice.

There was a review that was done after a bunch of people listened to all four of the new preamps in a blind listening test. I think the results were 1 vote for Saga+, 2 votes for Freya S, 3 votes for Freya+. I have seen lots of people on another site who are very happy with the Freya S, but I don't think anyone would have expected Freya S to outsell Freya+, unless reviewers ended up absolutely raving about Freya S.

I have a Freya OG in my system now, have a used Freya S arriving possibly tomorrow, and have ordered a Freya+ (on backorder). I'm going to compare them and have some other people over to compare them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back