Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 30, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #57,946 of 149,298
...{{{snip}}},,,projects to prioritize? I'm sure it could open up a can of worms, be a pain in the ass, etc., but would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.
A big. Can. Of. Junkie. Mutant. Worms (said in the same voice as Whoppi Goldberg in the 80s flick, Jumping Jack Flash).

Mar 30, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #57,947 of 149,298
Thanks for clarifying the direction this could take, eventually!

My heart sank a little bit when I read "not for a LOONGG time!" I totally understand, but man... in Schiit terms, the emphasis on "long" means we should probably stop talking about it altogether for a while on this forum. I think it keeps coming up because it's a product in which a lot of us are quite interested.

@Jason Stoddard - you mentioned prioritization of development activities. I'm curious; would Schiit ever consider polling their existing customers when decide which projects to prioritize? I'm sure it could open up a can of worms, be a pain in the ass, etc., but would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.
miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #57,948 of 149,298
A big. Can. Of. Junkie. Mutant. Worms (said in the same voice as Whoppi Goldberg in the 80s flick, Jumping Jack Flash).

Now keep in mind, I don't mean "hey guys, what do you want us to make?"
I mean something along the lines of, "hey guys, this is what's cooking in R&D land; what is everyone most interested in out of these [two, three, four] *potential* products?"

Still probably a can of worms, though. lol.

Mar 30, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #57,949 of 149,298
Thanks for clarifying the direction this could take, eventually!

My heart sank a little bit when I read "not for a LOONGG time!" I totally understand, but man... in Schiit terms, the emphasis on "long" means we should probably stop talking about it altogether for a while on this forum. I think it keeps coming up because it's a product in which a lot of us are quite interested.

@Jason Stoddard - you mentioned prioritization of development activities. I'm curious; would Schiit ever consider polling their existing customers when deciding which projects to prioritize? I'm sure it could open up a can of worms, be a pain in the ass, etc., but would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

The short answer: we already listen to our customers, and adapt to what they want (within reason). If we can't decide, we Thunderdome products, and what sells lives.

The longer answer: I did a couple of chapters on this. But basically you shouldn't expect us to bring to an open forum things we are considering that may affect sales of current products. Or at least not until Apple does the same thing (which will be never-gonna-happen-no-way-no-how). We may blather a bit about stuff that's so pie-in-the-sky that it doesn't affect current products (hence, my continual repetition of the fact that a big phono preamp is going to be way way way way more expensive than a Mani, and now, my clarification that we are reprioritizing things and it may be less important than other things.) Consider that we have no idea what may happen with the whole COVID situation. Hell, we could end up the year with three new products...or we could end up the year with three surviving products (slight hyperbole there, but don't be surprised if we have less products at the end of the year, if they don't sell.) We don't know how this will go. Keep yourself safe, keep your family safe, and we'll see where we end up.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #57,950 of 149,298
I'm curious; would Schiit ever consider polling their existing customers when deciding which projects to prioritize? I'm sure it could open up a can of worms, be a pain in the ass, etc., but would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Jotunheim 2. Pretty please. With sugar on top. Bifrost 2 has made me, err, balanced-curious. Just don’t push it too close to christmas, I also need a PS5.

Mar 30, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #57,954 of 149,298
how loud do you listen?
with 20W max spl shall be 94dB if speakers are in the corner and about 2.75m from listening position to speaker.
i highly recommend atc scm19. fantastic speaker, also closed system but larger woofer, so go a bit lower.

Hi Derrick
Thanks for your help, i already thinked about that ATC too, but i have a limited space for them. I need place the speakers in a ikea Lack shelf (provisionally) who only have 26 cm deep, thats why im looking for this harbeths p3esr (19 cm) or Proac tabllete 10 (16 cm). Do you know the last ones?
How much 1 Aegir can deliver at 1 meter? Anyway probably is better 1 Vidar or 2 Aegirs right? so they don't work at full power?

Cheers!

Pedro

Mar 30, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #57,955 of 149,298
I'd bet on a mjolnir 3 before that. A nexus one with power somewhere below the Rag 2, and only for headphones, not speakers.

That would be very interesting too. Just not sure about going all-in with tubes since LISST were discontinued.

Mar 30, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #57,956 of 149,298
This may be old news but moon audio is now offering Jotunheim R as an option with the RAAL sr1a for $3999.

https://www.moon-audio.com/raal-sr1a-ribbon-headphone-with-interface.html

The price is probably not anything special since I think someone here noted that you can get the sr1a without the interface box for $3199 so it's basically a wash but it's nice to see Jotunheim R as an option.

Mar 30, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #57,957 of 149,298
That would be very interesting too. Just not sure about going all-in with tubes since LISST were discontinued.
I'd wonder if it would have tubes at all, or go back to the form of the original mjolnir, which didn't have tubes. The difference being is that with nexus it could have both SE and balanced input and output, where the original only had balanced out.

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #57,958 of 149,298
No tubes (-100dB THD+N at 60dB gain with tubes--ah, no), no batteries (ah hell no, that means shipping restrictions), no wall wart, Freya sized, at least 10x the price of Mani, and probably not for a looongg time. We are reprioritizing development based on today's realities, sorry.
Bit of healthy one-upmanship with Darren Myers?

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #57,959 of 149,298
I'd bet on a mjolnir 3 before that. A nexus one with power somewhere below the Rag 2, and only for headphones, not speakers.

performance better than the or almost as good as Mjolnir 2, no need for fussing with toobz, in a Jotunheim sized box, nexus, priced between the current Jotunheim and the Jot R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back