Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 8, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #55,486 of 151,563
@Derrick Swart ... Schiit-UK (Electromod) are offering EITR for £120 (duty paid) on their clearance page ... just freight cost UK/Portugal to pay.

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #55,487 of 151,563
Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #55,489 of 151,563
@Derrick Swart ... Schiit-UK (Electromod) are offering EITR for £120 (duty paid) on their clearance page ... just freight cost UK/Portugal to pay.
don’t think that’s smart:
120+15 for shipping+10 for a euro power supply; roughly 170€

was just to say for 99$ plus cheap shipping in US it’s a great deal. All above 150€ is pushing it for me, for just a little experiment

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #55,490 of 151,563
OK, so it really isn't just me or the Windows laptop on which I first tested both providers. Thanks for confirming that for me. :)

Sounds like a good argument to keep the Qobuz subscription active as well, despite their more limited catalog.
Dig in your memory.
You all heard the difference at my house.
Mwa... maybe not after the booze.

Jan 8, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #55,491 of 151,563
I literally pop by here everyday just to see if the Jotunheim R has been released

LOL, I know what you mean. I'd be willing to bet they sell out quickly and with my luck I'll be on queue for sometime down the road. Such is the life of an audiophile.

Jan 8, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #55,493 of 151,563
I pop in here waiting for the release of Unison USB!

Geeez, where 'ya been, man? It's already been released. Just $699, and you get a free Bifrost 2 included in the box! :relaxed:

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #55,494 of 151,563
you are really committed to the Rok and JggyB monickers
Yeah mostly because I don't have to memorize the 'proper' spelling besides The Rok and JggyB just roll off my tongue as opposed to the tongue twister proper pronunciations.

And there is a translation guide built into my sig line for those who notice.

And I try and not take ANY of this too seriously, thus my use of nicknames. :ksc75smile:
hahahahahahahahaha

JJ

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #55,495 of 151,563
@johnjen Hey thanks for your perspective also - still playing with all different aspects of those 2 Schiits of mine especially the amp--- is the ROK amp you refer to is that the Schiit Ragnarok or something else and what is MOAR knob is it the stepped volume knob---what i have found is that gain#3 sometimes makes SQ 'hasher' but becomes 'softer' at lower volume level and the SQ really depends on quality of the recording be it a cd/sacd/dvd-a from one my 2 changers/other being HDCD changer for Dead recordings or if listening to streaming from A+3/ROON/or TIDAL-Qobuz on their respective desktop apps
thanks again for your thoughts
bobbmd
Yes, The Rok is my name for the ragnarok (it's in my sig line along with the rest of my nicknames).
And the MOAR knob is any volume control that when twisted doesn't get louder but does provide MOAR volume.

Yeah I too wasn't a fan of gain #3, except on speakers where the extra gain could be 'helpful' and where most of the subtle nuances between gains 1-2-3 are minimized, in contrast to HP's.

JJ

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #55,496 of 151,563
Yes, The Rok is my name for the ragnarok (it's in my sig line along with the rest of my nicknames).
And the MOAR knob is any volume control that when twisted doesn't get louder but does provide MOAR volume.

Yeah I too wasn't a fan of gain #3, except on speakers where the extra gain could be 'helpful' and where most of the subtle nuances between gains 1-2-3 are minimized, in contrast to HP's.

JJ
just like my CFO says 'old manitis'/"you never read/listen to anything all the way through" so I LOL great play on words

Jan 9, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #55,499 of 151,563
Windows 7 support is scheduled to end 1/14/2020 or so, and Jason said that Unison upgrades would not be available until after the Win 7 support window closes, so maybe in a week or so the Unison USB module will be available.
I predict that Microsoft will relent and add another year of support to windows 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back