Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 25, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #54,991 of 151,179
Not sure if I'm following here, but this is what I think you need to do based on the above.
In Roon go to Settings > Storage and add the parent folder of the orphan albums [this is what you must have done to add music to Roon]. I use a number of 'top level' folders Flac, Mp3, Spoken, Etc, each mounted as a separate location.

I'm not aware of any way to 'transfer files to Tidal [or Qobuz] - p[erhaps you create a playlist to either bu simply searching for the files and adding them (that is, creating a duplicate of the playlist?), then if you add your subscription details for Tidal and Qobuz into Roon, you will see all your playlists etc (and can add to them) search, play etc. That's how I have it set up and it works really well.

If I've misunderstood, happy to help more.
@golfbravobravo Yes I did it !! made a ROON folder of the files went to 'focus' typed in mp3 grateful dead etc and UP they came and they sound great-- the signal path is poor/low quality ( yellow dot) but is 'upgraded' to gray/blue star and in the 'last rodeo'/system my CFO allowed me to buy those original live performances are just so cool like 'casey jones' june 22nd 1969 from Central Park in NYC( I had just graduated from college-OMG) and the first version of 'ripple' is nothing short of something awfully rudimentary(sic). My new system is BTW Schiit Rggy 2 and Yggy GS with Legacy Audio Studio HD monitors and that amp is one schiitload of a headphone amp.
Thanks so much for the advice and Happy Holidays to you and yours

Dec 25, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #54,992 of 151,179
Dumb tube question: how long do I need to warm up my Saga + to get the full tube effect?

Thanks!
What I have found, for the "full tube effect", is at least 20-45 minutes to get the entire amp up to thermal equilibrium (and in some cases it can take even more time).
YMMV depending upon lots of factors.
IOW it isn't just the tube but the whole circuit, including the HP's themselves, even including the listener.

JJ

Dec 25, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #54,993 of 151,179
@golfbravobravo Yes I did it !! made a ROON folder of the files went to 'focus' typed in mp3 grateful dead etc and UP they came and they sound great-- the signal path is poor/low quality ( yellow dot) but is 'upgraded' to gray/blue star and in the 'last rodeo'/system my CFO allowed me to buy those original live performances are just so cool like 'casey jones' june 22nd 1969 from Central Park in NYC( I had just graduated from college-OMG) and the first version of 'ripple' is nothing short of something awfully rudimentary(sic). My new system is BTW Schiit Rggy 2 and Yggy GS with Legacy Audio Studio HD monitors and that amp is one schiitload of a headphone amp.
Thanks so much for the advice and Happy Holidays to you and yours

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

Cheers

Graham

Dec 26, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #54,994 of 151,179
As for the Lyr I don't have an answer for you.
One tip: If you can pull it off go for the Yggdrasil.
And ah bummer... English is just my fifth language.

Where is Dutch in your ranking?

Dec 26, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #54,996 of 151,179
It's not that big a thing here in West Europe where most people are fluent in at least 3 languages.

I think fluent in three languages is a bit of a stretch anywhere in Europe for most people. Maybe in some dual language countries, but I'm awful in Swedish even though my mother teaches it, and is married to a Fennoswede.

Dec 26, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #54,997 of 151,179
It's not that big a thing here in West Europe where most people are fluent in at least 3 languages.
"I'm a bilingual illiterate. I can't read in two different languages..." - Steven Wright

Dec 26, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #54,998 of 151,179
I think fluent in three languages is a bit of a stretch anywhere in Europe for most people. Maybe in some dual language countries, but I'm awful in Swedish even though my mother teaches it, and is married to a Fennoswede.
Maybe I should say Benelux and Germany.
The smaller the country (not Germany of course) and the more your currency is infrastructure for the rest of the world, the more languages you have to master.

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #54,999 of 151,179

l’ll add that being bilingual should be pretty common here though (with the languages being the country’s native language and English), and also, many do know a third language but most often isn’t fluent in it - as contrary to English that is taught from third or fourth grade, the third language is started several years later in school.

I see now that I managed to write all of that in one single sentence, too. Typical Swedish thing.. :upside_down:

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #55,000 of 151,179
I assume that you all care about listening to music. And some of you (us) are no spring chickens. So, do yourself a (scary) favor and read Volume Control: Hearing in a Deafening World by David Owen. TL;DR hearing is a lot more fragile than standard measurements indicate. Hearing protection is mandatory in many more situations than we normally assume, and hearing loss more complex and difficult to address, although there are some new digital gadgets that go beyond the expensive and awkward standard hearing aid. For myself, I'll be ordering some pro earplugs (discussed in the book) to wear whenever I expect a loud environment. I wish I had known all of this decades ago...

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #55,001 of 151,179
I assume that you all care about listening to music. And some of you (us) are no spring chickens. So, do yourself a (scary) favor and read Volume Control: Hearing in a Deafening World by David Owen. TL;DR hearing is a lot more fragile than standard measurements indicate. Hearing protection is mandatory in many more situations than we normally assume, and hearing loss more complex and difficult to address, although there are some new digital gadgets that go beyond the expensive and awkward standard hearing aid. For myself, I'll be ordering some pro earplugs (discussed in the book) to wear whenever I expect a loud environment. I wish I had known all of this decades ago...
I highly agree with this!

I was stubborn in my youth and never wore hearing protection to rock concerts, while shooting guns, or at the race track (everything from Formula 1 to top fuel dragsters) and now I'm paying the price for it...

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #55,002 of 151,179
Dec 26, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #55,003 of 151,179
I highly agree with this!

I was stubborn in my youth and never wore hearing protection to rock concerts, while shooting guns, or at the race track (everything from Formula 1 to top fuel dragsters) and now I'm paying the price for it...

Whenever I would go out shooting I'd put my hearing protection in and/or on before I even got out of the car.

Dec 26, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #55,004 of 151,179

I wear a pair of closed, well sealing headphones even when I use the vacuum cleaner. I've already got a decent amount of tinnitus and I don't want it to worsen any faster than it already is.

Dec 26, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #55,005 of 151,179

I'll definitely have a read. Hearing loss is a huge issue that people tend to gloss over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back