Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 17, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #5,326 of 151,974
I'm a serious watch guy in addition to being an audio enthusiast. Fortunately, many posters have already made the appropriate points on this topic, so I'll just leave these here. 
gs1000.gif

It's all good Schiit!

We all have our crazy hobbies and passions and obsessions, and clearly all of us have at least one in common. Let's celebrate them!

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #5,331 of 151,974
  The clock in my Samsung microwave gains about a minute a month, so if Schiit starts making microwave ovens I will be first in line!

My microwave clock is stable, but my Canon (40D and 5DIII) clocks drift way more than a min a month, can be off by 10 min after a few months...very annoying.  I'm not paying up for the GPS/clock attachment.  Puzzled by how they can't get the clock more accurate.  

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #5,332 of 151,974
  My microwave clock is stable, but my Canon (40D and 5DIII) clocks drift way more than a min a month, can be off by 10 min after a few months...very annoying.  I'm not paying up for the GPS/clock attachment.  Puzzled by how they can't get the clock more accurate.  

Schiit should take a good look at the high end DSLR market, and come up with a competitor for Nikon and Canon. One that keeps accurate time too.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #5,335 of 151,974

Progress:
The Bulova Accutron, the world's most accurate watch when released (after being held back a few years by the US Gov. and NASA) was only guaranteed to 1 minute a month.
(my 7 y.o. $60 fully stainless steel Lorus (cheap Seiko) day date watch has only had to have the time adjusted when a new battery has been fitted)

Edit: I think it would be nice if they had an aluminium case option for the Vali to match the Modi 2 Uber 

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #5,340 of 151,974
  Precisely, with line out.(and 2 switched inputs?)

Sound like a winner to me!!!

Now Jason's gonna be mad at me. I imagine someday that unit will be updated. I suppose with Yggdrasil upcoming that's where the brunt of the focus is going to be until it's out and had a few weeks in the publics hands then Jason can focus on tinkering poking, prodding and improving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back