Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 5, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #51,661 of 150,772
Not to engage in a SPELFLAIM or anything, but you spelled Oscar Mayer wrong. I worked there for 5 years, and 3 guesses what I made. Yup, hot dogs. :relaxed:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you were responsible for cleaning all the Oscar Mayer hotdogs in DeoxyIT and then rinsing them with 90% isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol) after fondling them but before sending them to packaging. :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #51,662 of 150,772
01EED8C9-ED02-43BF-8EA5-DDC4E78373A9.jpeg
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you were responsible for cleaning all the Oscar Mayer hotdogs in DeoxyIT and then rinsing them with 90% isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol) after fondling them and prior to sending them on to packaging. :wink:

I thought he captained this vehicle before he became obsessed with AMC Hornets??

Bill is a man of many facets, some are flat, some are curved, but facets nonetheless.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #51,663 of 150,772

I thought he captained this vehicle before he became obsessed with AMC Hornets??

Bill is a man of many facets, some are flat, some are curved, but facets nonetheless.

In his dreams!!! They never let him drive it, but he has named his rotary Mazda RX-8 'The Weiner Wankel' and his aluminum Coleman John Boat 'The Seaducer'. It's sad, really. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #51,664 of 150,772
I was hoping you had a canoe and a paddle Bill. I believe you can see Russia from Alaska according to some political candidate several years back. You could probably make it over and back in a week or two, I will work on a shopping list. :)

Maybe even better...I'll call Al Gore and see if he'll invent a transporter. :relaxed:

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #51,666 of 150,772
I only use tubes that are eaten, digested and then pooped out by a unicorn.
Believe me it works every time. An SQ you wouldn't believe.

I'm guessing "SQ" is short for S**t Quotient?

:slight_smile:

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #51,667 of 150,772
@bcowen suggested something similar to me a few months ago. He suggested that I smack myself on the each side of my head with a rubber mallet as required until the tubes sounded balanced.

I warned you not to smack too hard or you'd end up with a vacuum leak. Did you listen? Of course not.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #51,668 of 150,772
I have a couple more shelves to add but this is the general idea. I know some of you felt I should go with shiny copper pipes so I have the option to change out the patinated pipe any time and thus I left the adapters natural going into the flanges. There is enough play in the threads of the flanges to allow for a bit of leveling. The top posts are not attached yet and this is very stable. Having a Cary amp on the bottom shelf helps a bit. Solid cherry, copper pipe and fittings, cast iron flanges.

Sweet! Looks pretty awesome, Tom.

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #51,669 of 150,772
I stand corrected, and I honestly do not want to know which animal parts were used in their making. If you tell me you will never go near a hot dog now I can get the idea. :smile_phones:

Actually, after working there and living their quality standards, Oscar Mayer is the only brand I'll buy. Don't care if it costs more or another brand may have a different or more robust flavor (although I do like Nathans). I had opportunities to visit some competitors operations, and I'll just say that OM set the standard in the industry in quality.

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #51,670 of 150,772
Sweet! Looks pretty awesome, Tom.

Thanks but with all your talk about resonant frequencies, and sound absorption I will probably never turn on the equipment, it will just be for looks. The tubes will last longer and my electric bill will go down.:ksc75smile:

Oct 5, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #51,671 of 150,772
In his dreams!!! They never let him drive it, but he has named his rotary Mazda RX-8 'The Weiner Wankel' and his aluminum Coleman John Boat 'The Seaducer'. It's sad, really. :frowning2:

I did get to ride in one of them once (they had 3 back when I worked there). Although I was just a passenger, it seemed to handle about like a bus. :relaxed:

Oct 5, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #51,672 of 150,772
Thanks but with all your talk about resonant frequencies, and sound absorption I will probably never turn on the equipment, it will just be for looks. The tubes will last longer and my electric bill will go down.:ksc75smile:

Good plan. Just think of all the money you'll save on sorbothane. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oct 5, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #51,673 of 150,772
Oct 5, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #51,675 of 150,772
Just got my ZMF Verite Closed while going to ZMFESTIVUS, these are a one off by ZMF that will probably be releasing at a later date.

Now to get Schiit to do purple colors on their gear.... :wink: But I'll take a black Freya+ =)

Nice!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back