1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. thebkt
    Question regarding the Saga-S: Can I hold the volume Up/Down button to sweep through the volume (ala TV remote) or do I need to press the button once for each volume step (ala my NFB-1)?

2. Rensek
    Assuming that the remote design on the new saga and Freya is the same as the old one, holding down the remote will continuously change the volume until you release the remote. If you have light/fast fingers, one push gets one click. I have fat & slow fingers. One push often gets me 2 or 3 clicks or steps on the attenuator.

FLTWS and thebkt like this.
  3. thebkt
    I'm sure it is, cheers!

4. Balthazar B
    He was headed down to Knoxville with the weekly load
    You could smell the whiskey burnin' down Copperhead Road.

Jheal and r0dd3r5 like this.
  5. Androxylo
    For anyone owning Aegir with suppressed bass, can you please try this track:

and compare with systems where bass is normal? You need paid account, sorry, with free account with low bandwidth this is inaudible.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Ripper2860 likes this.
  6. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    A stellar review of the product I think everyone will benefit from in his/her Schiitstack:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    jfoxvol, Alcophone and US Blues like this.
  7. Snowpuppy77
    Hilarious. Perfect way to spend more than the Ragnarok 2 so you can have quiet high efficiency 8ohm IEMs on your Ragnarok 2.

8. dieslemat
    But the regenerator can also serve your other gears other than the Rag 2

motberg, 33na3rd and RCBinTN like this.
  9. ScubaMan2017
    New person!
    Welcome. :ksc75smile:

10. Alcophone
    Why settle for a noise reading of 17 when you could have 0 for less than half the price? :)

Granted, this one cannot fix voltage issues since it's not regenerating the power, though it does protect against over voltage.

11. dieslemat
    Because....

12. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    OK, I should have expected stupidity.

jfoxvol likes this.
  13. styler Contributor

i think Jen is right and doing some education is helpful. even for those of us in the hobby, we dont know everything. someone might be very into digital and computer audio and know nothing about getting and setting up a turntable. i think your education could be simple like a series on "getting started with headphone amplification" and then you could talk briefly about what your options you offer and who they might appeal to. i think the attitude agaisnt recommended components is wrong. you have several products close in price, being able to say that why something might be recommended over another seems like helpful information to me. from a sales standpoint you could offer some bundles e.g. "starter or intro" "the moving up bundle" the "audiophile collection" the "desktop audio lover" you get the drift. in terms of amazon, reading and responding to user questions is super helpful. i often avoid products when i dont see manufacturer replies to good questions. the issue then becomes that you need someone to monitor/keep up with that stuff.

14. Roy G. Biv

15. hearditontheX
    Do you have this unit in your system?