Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 3, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #48,063 of 150,446
Question regarding the Saga-S: Can I hold the volume Up/Down button to sweep through the volume (ala TV remote) or do I need to press the button once for each volume step (ala my NFB-1)?

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #48,064 of 150,446
Assuming that the remote design on the new saga and Freya is the same as the old one, holding down the remote will continuously change the volume until you release the remote. If you have light/fast fingers, one push gets one click. I have fat & slow fingers. One push often gets me 2 or 3 clicks or steps on the attenuator.

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #48,065 of 150,446
Assuming that the remote design on the new saga and Freya is the same as the old one, holding down the remote will continuously change the volume until you release the remote. If you have light/fast fingers, one push gets one click. I have fat & slow fingers. One push often gets me 2 or 3 clicks or steps on the attenuator.
I'm sure it is, cheers!

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #48,071 of 150,446
I just hope it will have a better DAC card to set in the Ragnarok 2. MB card is not worthy of it.
New person!
Welcome. :ksc75smile:

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #48,072 of 150,446
A stellar review of the product I think everyone will benefit from in his/her Schiitstack:

Why settle for a noise reading of 17 when you could have 0 for less than half the price? :)

Granted, this one cannot fix voltage issues since it's not regenerating the power, though it does protect against over voltage.

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #48,073 of 150,446
Why settle for a noise reading of 17 when you could have 0 for less than half the price? :)

Granted, this one cannot fix voltage issues since it's not regenerating the power, though it does protect against over voltage.

Because....

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #48,075 of 150,446
Lots of good input here!

I think there's something here, but there are a number of logistical issues to work out, including how we keep the questions going, and how NOT to turn it into a "recommend a Schiit component" shill vlog. I'll be the first to tell people that they should really shy away from our stuff until they have their preferred transducers picked out (and even then they may not need anything from us), but how do you take it from there? How do you handle technical questions about measurements, or engineering and ideological issues like "why tubes?"

I'm not trying to talk myself out of this idea, I'm just trying to make it as useful and impartial as I can.

i think Jen is right and doing some education is helpful. even for those of us in the hobby, we dont know everything. someone might be very into digital and computer audio and know nothing about getting and setting up a turntable. i think your education could be simple like a series on "getting started with headphone amplification" and then you could talk briefly about what your options you offer and who they might appeal to. i think the attitude agaisnt recommended components is wrong. you have several products close in price, being able to say that why something might be recommended over another seems like helpful information to me. from a sales standpoint you could offer some bundles e.g. "starter or intro" "the moving up bundle" the "audiophile collection" the "desktop audio lover" you get the drift. in terms of amazon, reading and responding to user questions is super helpful. i often avoid products when i dont see manufacturer replies to good questions. the issue then becomes that you need someone to monitor/keep up with that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back