Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 30, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #47,026 of 150,961
Good! site still informs July second, better have it updated then
Schiit Europe (Sonity The Netherlands) states delivery for the 3rd of June (not July). You wanna order in US although you're in Portugal?
Pricing on Freya+ in The Netherlands Sonority only € 769,00. That's below the US pricing. Could be wrong, or did they buy in bulk?

May 30, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #47,028 of 150,961
But according to Google translate, from the English the Dutch is

De tijd ging voorbij, het schip lag op de golven, de boot onder de rotsen; de gereedstaande krijgers stapten de boeg op
which doesn't look much like Old Frisian to me :confused: Fries

I don't know Dutch, the only Dutch people I knew spoke English - they said no one could bother to learn Dutch so they learnt English :slight_smile:

I traveled to the Netherlands 10 times in the early 21st century. On one of my first trips, I attempted the little Dutch I learned prior to visiting.
A good friend in Holland told me, "Don't try to learn Dutch, it will frustrate you and anger the Dutch." It was true, I was always being corrected, with every attempt. I visited Leeuwarden, in Friesland, and locals spoke a language, Fries, which was different, but many spoke English.

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #47,029 of 150,961
But only available in black. So seems like it is going the same path as Saga and Ragnarok out of production or into production in another form :)
Yep only black is in stock...just like the Rag 1...

The Bifrost Multibit is the last component I need in my system. Schiit did some silent revisions last year to it that puts it on par with the original Gungnir MB IMO.

May 30, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #47,030 of 150,961
Schiit Europe (Sonity The Netherlands) states delivery for the 3rd of June (not July). You wanna order in US although you're in Portugal?
Pricing on Freya+ in The Netherlands Sonority only € 769,00. That's below the US pricing. Could be wrong, or did they buy in bulk?
Wrong indeed. 849euro. But only in silver. I want black.

btw, though Sonority has good price with import duties and so on. But the shipping cost to PT are ridiculous. My Vali2 became 20% more expensive ... so I have to do the same trick as I did with the Fulla2, have it delivered in NL and arrange transport myself.

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #47,031 of 150,961
Wrong indeed. 849euro. But only in silver. I want black.
You can say that in Portugal. Try to say that in Friesland to the proud Frisians......
My best friend is 'FRIES', no problems whatsoever. Also have German Frisian friends, a bit older, bit different in that regard.

May 30, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #47,034 of 150,961
So, it’s my second day with Frey’s S and I’m a little confused. The manual states Freya will not convert balanced input to SE output (and vice-versa) while running in passive mode. However, it is playing audio out of the SE output from a balanced source in passive. I’m not sure how it does this without Nexus gain stage engaged. Any idea what is going on?

May 30, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #47,035 of 150,961
Ahhhh! I get it. The Saga (and its ilk) allow me to plug in different devices into a common switch (DAC; radio LINE out; TV out; phono; tape player; reel-to-real;...) and then run that output to an amplifier (be it headphone or 2-channel-whole-room-speaker). The remote control allows me to switch sources & change the master volume. If my RCA cable runs are too long, I can use the Saga to amplify signal loss. I won't want this until we build our home and want a full-on stereo system. It took me a while, but I figured it out. :ksc75smile:

May 30, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #47,039 of 150,961
So, it’s my second day with Frey’s S and I’m a little confused. The manual states Freya will not convert balanced input to SE output (and vice-versa) while running in passive mode. However, it is playing audio out of the SE output from a balanced source in passive. I’m not sure how it does this without Nexus gain stage engaged. Any idea what is going on?

How does it sound? You have to give us some listening impressions!

May 30, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #47,040 of 150,961
Are new DACs coming as well. I mean new Gumby, Yaggy is too heavy for my liking.
I just got new Gumby which is in return window, if new one in progress then I can wait for few more days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back